Testosterone, steroids, etc.

GoDucks

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

None of those guys started at 54.

All of what you call superhuman are using an extreme amount of chemicals. Anyone in a superhuman category didn't get there from drugs alone, but very good genetics and an extreme amount of training and dietary effort.

It's not really a valid point for a guy who's considering taking something at age 54.

Wow, you know them all and have asked them all when they started training?

And of course these are the extremes, not many people want to go that whole way to compete.

The point I was trying to make, which you missed, is that age should not be a limitation.

The average 54-year old is out-of-breath when walking the stairs and has a potbelly, if you chose to not go that way there are options in which steroids can play a role. Don't expect to win a bodybuilding show though...

Anyways, I see no value in further discussing this, so I leave it here.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Justfine said:

I enjoy not doing squats or bench ?

To each his or her own, acutally am dropping bench for a while just doing DB presses.. beginning with incline. I am changing my program as I have been on the old one for a while and no change can mean stagnation.

Anyway I won't quit squats, i recently got a lot stronger and feel that I could improve a lot more if I put my mind to it. Same as that I am going to put my mind to more pull ups with weights.

5 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Wow, you know them all and have asked them all when they started training?

And of course these are the extremes, not many people want to go that whole way to compete.

The point I was trying to make, which you missed, is that age should not be a limitation.

The average 54-year old is out-of-breath when walking the stairs and has a potbelly, if you chose to not go that way there are options in which steroids can play a role. Don't expect to win a bodybuilding show though...

Anyways, I see no value in further discussing this, so I leave it here.

Here we go - the old "age should not be a limitation" mantra. Show me one superhuman that started training at age 54.

I'm pretty serious about my training. I've trained as a teenager, through my 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's, about to start into my 60's, so I'm well aware of the aging process.

You can deny it as much as you like, but age is a big limitation.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

Here we go - the old "age should not be a limitation" mantra. Show me one superhuman that started training at age 54.

I'm pretty serious about my training. I've trained as a teenager, through my 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's, about to start into my 60's, so I'm well aware of the aging process.

Arnie is in next year's Mr Olympia ?

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not really my IQ (tested) of 134 gives me a good idea of things. I am accountant / fiscal adviser by trade and use my brain a lot. So it does not seem to be impaired. (not the average muscle monkey)

To clear something up we are NOT talking here about bodybuilder doses of steroids but HRT (keeping low levels higher). That is totally different from bodybuilders injecting massive amounts of the stuff. Surely you must understand that the higher a dose of something you take the worse the side effects get. We are talking her about doses that are quite low that bring you to a natural high.

That not everyone is the same, is something I have advocated for years you won't get any disagreement there. Once can process carbs good.. others can't some are suited for weight lifting others not, some are great at biking others not. We are all individuals but some things stay the same.

My opinion was build by quotes from medical research, and the fact that millions and millions of people are on TRT. 

Do i think that injecting huge amounts of steroids in the body is dangerous... YES... do i think HRT is dangerous if there are no underlying health problems and you monitor your blood works and blood pressure.. no then I don't think its dangerous.

We can agree on some things. I still exercise regularly, walking (golf ) and swimming. I don't feel the need for TRT. My libido may have declined; however, I'm quite happy with my sex life.

My tested IQ was 138. However, I am open to the suggestion it has declined with age.

15 minutes ago, tropo said:

You do realize that "age is not a limitation" is more of than expression than science, right?

As in: even at 54 you can start working out and becoming "above average", not that you could expect to win the Mr Olympia, become an astronaut, or hope to increase your IQ by 30 points.

2 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

You do realize that "age is not a limitation" is more of than expression than science, right?

As in: even at 54 you can start working out and becoming "above average", not that you could expect to win the Mr Olympia, become an astronaut, or hope to increase your IQ by 30 points.

You should workout. First thing is eat more protein and more greens. Older people can still have good endurance.

25 minutes ago, Tacuisse said:

We can agree on some things. I still exercise regularly, walking (golf ) and swimming. I don't feel the need for TRT. My libido may have declined; however, I'm quite happy with my sex life.

My tested IQ was 138. However, I am open to the suggestion it has declined with age.

Who knows mine might have declined too havent taken any recent tests. Did them when I was young. 

If you don't feel you need TRT then don't go for it, I only got rattled by your blanked remark that if people were smarter there would be no debate about this meaning its stupid to even consider it. That IMHO was an insult. There is a lot of research showing its not dangerous (if there are no underlying problems). That however does not mean everyone has to do it. 

Whatever yo do for exercise keep doing it, i know Ill keep doing what I like as long as I can. Probably will have to change how I train. I work a lot behind a computer, so for me doing some hard exercise relaxes me. I have seen the difference between my mom and dad one exercised the other did not. I can tell you one thing, IMHO exercise helps quality of life. 

43 minutes ago, tropo said:

Yes its a limitation, BUT you can still improve a lot on yourself if you havent exercised before or eaten healthy.

However people like us will probably only go down. I am still making some progress but I accept that it won't always be that way and that I will go down too. But that does not mean you can't be in better shape then those who don't exercise or eat healthy. 

35 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Never do TRT if you live alone in an isolated area.

article-0-1ED1AA6900000578-849_634x426.jpg

Is this a photo shop.. or what the ..... does this guy for sports that only helps one arm and his forearm is thicker as his biceps.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Is this a photo shop.. or what the ..... does this guy for sports that only helps one arm and his forearm is thicker as his biceps.

He....'exercises' his bigger arm, in a way that we did during puberty.

:laugh:

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Interesting, as I do take test for HRT its quite easy for me to try zinc for a month instead of anastazole and do a blood test. I mean the proof is of course in a blood test. I would much rather take something like zinc than anastazole.

I would be interested in your results if you do. Don’t need any personal info of course, but if you see comparable results that would be interesting.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea I got that one ? but i thought there might have been a chance this was real.. who knows

Its is real; he is an arm-wrestler. His "pressing" arm is much much bigger as thats the only arm he needs to work out a lot.

Edit: Matthias Schlitte

Just now, ncc1701d said:

I would be interested in your results if you do. Don’t need any personal info of course, but if you see comparable results that would be interesting.

What kind of zinc is has the most bioavailability you said one you used did not work.

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

Check out life extension foundation they have been advocates in lowering estrogen levels for years, they recommend zinc. I also know it works as well. I had been taking zinc in tablet form for years and thought it was working but went to a natural path who preformed muscle test on me and determined I needed zinc. When I explained I was already taking zinc she explained it was not being absorbed. She did a taste test of some liquid and ask me what it taste like, like water I explained. She said she had given me a mixture of water and zinc and if I had said it tasted like crap she would have been happy with my taste test but since it tasted like water I was low in zinc. I took a bottle and started dosing in about 3 days my testosterone levels were sky hi, I will not go into details but was wishing I was back in Thailand to work off the testosterone. I was in my middle 60s then 73 now and still taking zinc and estrogen levels low every blood test, I also use testosterone gel.

What zinc was good.. i mean it needs to absorb well. 

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

What kind of zinc is has the most bioavailability you said one you used did not work.

Robblok I would need to look up there is about 3 different types that are sold in tablet form. I use the liquid form now, zinc sulfate. it works great, there are other benefits as well immune system function, wound healing, gut health as well as blocking estrogen.

robbolok get mine from Iherb it is called Eidom, Ionic Mineral, zinc.  If you get some just put a couple of squirts in water and drink if no taste then you are ok, if it taste like crap you need it. 

My son and daughter-in-law were trying to get knocked up a few years back. They went to the same natural Path and she recommended zinc because my son had lazy sperm drinking to much and a bit of pot. Well after about a month on the zinc the wife is knocked up. I have a grand son now

Give  up the   "training "  dream. At  54  you are  already  two  times the  age of  progressive incremental atrophy.

Just  eat   as  healthy  as you  can afford  to without  excess.

Think  "maintainence".  Nature  can  not be  beaten.  Just  enjoy  what you can  keep of  whatever you have.

Archived