Testosterone, steroids, etc.

GoDucks

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Justfine said:

None of the exercises I do are suited to 5 reps except deadlift and I prefer to do 10 reps.

To be honest, i find 5 reps quite low, i prefer higher reps. But the program did work for me. I got stronger and more mass. But the 5 x 5 is build around the bench press, squat and deadlift and a few other compounds, not so much other work. But it worked because it was different. I think all rep ranges have their advantage but i prefer (don't say its the best) over 8 reps.

well, for me, i kept harping on with 10 reps with no progress,

it wasnt until i ventured into pyramid that i took off.

now that i'm old, if i ever get back,

i will not play with below 3 reps ever again,

and below 5 only if i feel amazingly in shape

37 minutes ago, poanoi said:

well, for me, i kept harping on with 10 reps with no progress,

it wasnt until i ventured into pyramid that i took off.

now that i'm old, if i ever get back,

i will not play with below 3 reps ever again,

and below 5 only if i feel amazingly in shape

I did pyramid too when younger worked good too. I think all programs work for a while and then stop. 

57 minutes ago, robblok said:

I did pyramid too when younger worked good too. I think all programs work for a while and then stop. 

Im been doing 2 programs alternatively.

A: 3×6-9, 2× 16-19

B: 3×11-15, 2×11-15 slow reps

Keeps it interesting and encourages growth.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

I've trained pyramid my whole life. It's the only sensible way really. You warm up and build up to your peak weight set.

If you don't do that now, what do you do?

39 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

U guys not feeling hot and face flushed from TRT and then even pumping iron and living in a hot climate country?

I already feel more warm after taking 500 mg vitamin C.

No. You must have some other condition. Perhaps you've developed an allergy. This can happen - the carrier oils can cause an allergic reaction.

3 hours ago, tropo said:

I've trained pyramid my whole life. It's the only sensible way really. You warm up and build up to your peak weight set.

I don't call that pyramid that is normal warm-up. The pyramid I am talking about would be 10-8-6-4 or something like that. That is different from what your talking about. That is what I do now too. You can't go from cold to peak weight... maybe I can.. but not for long without problems.

3 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

I tried test', but it made me too aggressive - which is a very hazardous trait in Pattaya. I have natural high-normal test', so I will wait until I drop in to the low range.

image.png.eaac44b46009dbe14ada829e42aa558b.png

Never got aggressive from test, but I am just not an aggressive guy. Do you have similar problems with alcohol ?

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

U guys not feeling hot and face flushed from TRT and then even pumping iron and living in a hot climate country?

I already feel more warm after taking 500 mg vitamin C.

C is mostly harmless. Too much gives you diarrhea though.

3 hours ago, tropo said:

Studies have found triangle and descending pyramids work better.

44 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't call that pyramid that is normal warm-up. The pyramid I am talking about would be 10-8-6-4 or something like that. That is different from what your talking about. That is what I do now too. You can't go from cold to peak weight... maybe I can.. but not for long without problems.

I do. The whole idea of a pyramid system is to prepare the working bodyparts for heavier weights. It's ALL about warming up. That's the point of it. If you don't like the terminology "warmup" in relation to a pyramid, then call it prep-sets, or lead-up sets, or even feel-sets.  

37 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its funny how different people respond different to stimulants drugs ect. 

I think it has a lot to do with dose. I wouldn't expect anything abnormal from doses which maintain people within the normal range. If you go to supraphysiological doses (could call that abnormal dosing LOL), then aggression is a VERY common side effect. I've experienced that at fairly moderate doses. I'm pretty sure if I upped it to levels some the meatheads use, I'd be quite aggressive. It could also depend on what chemicals people are taking besides basic testosterone. Roid rage would not be a very useful condition in Thailand.

Then there's another consideration. Testosterone is what makes men men. A certain amount of vigor or aggression is part of being a man. Some people may be extremely docile due to low testosterone levels and when they undertake TRT they become normal, mistaking it for hyper-aggression. I think a moral to this story would be that people who train for big strong physiques have to train their heads too, otherwise, they may start impersonating gorillas. No grey matter with big muscles is a deadly combination.

4 hours ago, tropo said:

No. You must have some other condition. Perhaps you've developed an allergy. This can happen - the carrier oils can cause an allergic reaction.

Hmm so far i know T injections make u feeling more hot and a red flushed face is also common.

i recall i was taking testosterone oxandrolone and then the most potent

of them all i cant remember name of, (trenbolone?) i think

my then gf said i was as hot as if i was on fire.

she also said my dick became bigger, and when i quit, my dick quit too

for quite some time, altho that may well be attributed to my so called gf too

1 minute ago, hyku1147 said:

When the HPTA shuts down, the body stops producing test'. Plus, the body will have high E2 levels. Consequently, Mr. Winkie is in droop mode.

http://gtoul.com/suppression-of-the-pituitary-hypothalamic-testicular-axis-as-a-result-of-aas-abuse/

http://gtoul.com/pct-post-cycle-therapy/

Note there is NO guarantee that your T production will recover after shutdown even with PCT and even in young guys it rarely comes back to where it was.

2 hours ago, poanoi said:

i recall i was taking testosterone oxandrolone and then the most potent

of them all i cant remember name of, (trenbolone?) i think

my then gf said i was as hot as if i was on fire.

she also said my dick became bigger, and when i quit, my dick quit too

for quite some time, altho that may well be attributed to my so called gf too

Trenbolone is the most potent with the most side effects. Not sure if it makes your cock bigger.

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

http://gtoul.com/suppression-of-the-pituitary-hypothalamic-testicular-axis-as-a-result-of-aas-abuse/

http://gtoul.com/pct-post-cycle-therapy/

Note there is NO guarantee that your T production will recover after shutdown even with PCT and even in young guys it rarely comes back to where it was.

Strange what you say, because on the websites I visit many of the young guys do blood testing before and after and almost all of them recover. The thing is there is a lot of misinformation out there a lot of scare tactics so I would not believe anything you read.

I do agree it would be hard for someone on TRT to come back because if your on it a long time you have to take into account decline during that time too.

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

Imo drugs are not worth the risk unless you know exactly what you are doing.

For me TRT is worth it but more for energy and well being not really for the gym. I am sure it helps but how much no idea. I have once in the past done a real cycle (bodybuilder doses) you can't compare the two, when you do bodybuilder doses you increase in strength and size week after week, no such luck with normal TRT. 

But I agree 100% that people need to know exactly what they are doing and think about it a long time. I read some stories.... pfff.

13 hours ago, tropo said:

I think it has a lot to do with dose. I wouldn't expect anything abnormal from doses which maintain people within the normal range. If you go to supraphysiological doses (could call that abnormal dosing LOL), then aggression is a VERY common side effect. I've experienced that at fairly moderate doses. I'm pretty sure if I upped it to levels some the meatheads use, I'd be quite aggressive. It could also depend on what chemicals people are taking besides basic testosterone. Roid rage would not be a very useful condition in Thailand.

Then there's another consideration. Testosterone is what makes men men. A certain amount of vigor or aggression is part of being a man. Some people may be extremely docile due to low testosterone levels and when they undertake TRT they become normal, mistaking it for hyper-aggression. I think a moral to this story would be that people who train for big strong physiques have to train their heads too, otherwise, they may start impersonating gorillas. No grey matter with big muscles is a deadly combination.

Yes of course its dose dependent, it is with all drugs / medicine. I told you I have done a cycle with high dosage .. years back 7-8 years i was just in Thailand and wanted to try as it was all available. I had a friend who helped me, but I never noticed any aggression. I am docile anti violence by nature so maybe that is it. Its kinda like if your an idiot normally your a bigger idiot when drunk. Maybe it just enhances what is already there. I as a Dutch guy have taken my fair share of recreational drugs and none of them ever made me aggressive. (though I never tried coke) 

Roid rage would not be a useful condition anywhere, but your right here in Thailand it would be even worse. Just imagine in Thai traffic with roid rage. Personally I see testosterone like alcohol, it brings out what is already there. (i could be wrong)

I am 60, and due to regular exercise, both cardiovascular and weights, I am in excellent shape for any age, but wouldn't mind the occasional boost of my libido:Tried Proviron and another one, and they didn't do anything for me. A guy in the gym once gave me a pill he bought on Thonglor, and it worked wonders, just can't remember the name.

Any ideas? 

19 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

I am 60, and due to regular exercise, both cardiovascular and weights, I am in excellent shape for any age, but wouldn't mind the occasional boost of my libido:Tried Proviron and another one, and they didn't do anything for me. A guy in the gym once gave me a pill he bought on Thonglor, and it worked wonders, just can't remember the name.

Any ideas? 

Did it have a blue color?

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes of course its dose dependent, it is with all drugs / medicine. I told you I have done a cycle with high dosage .. years back 7-8 years i was just in Thailand and wanted to try as it was all available. I had a friend who helped me, but I never noticed any aggression. I am docile anti violence by nature so maybe that is it. Its kinda like if your an idiot normally your a bigger idiot when drunk. Maybe it just enhances what is already there. I as a Dutch guy have taken my fair share of recreational drugs and none of them ever made me aggressive. (though I never tried coke) 

Roid rage would not be a useful condition anywhere, but your right here in Thailand it would be even worse. Just imagine in Thai traffic with roid rage. Personally I see testosterone like alcohol, it brings out what is already there. (i could be wrong)

I thought you were American. 

8 hours ago, robblok said:

We are really discussing TRT here, so high dosing is not really the topic. Roid rage from high dosing is VERY common but on TRT levels it shouldn't be an issue.

I have never taken a recreational drug in my life - not a single one, and I'm also Dutch, but maybe that doesn't count because I wasn't born there LOL. Trust me on this - Australians are as much into it as any Western nationality.

Archived