Travel insurance age over 85

Geoffreyt

I currently get my travel insurance from AIS. But I will be 85 in January next year and after that date cover will no longer be available.  Does anyone know of an insurance company that will offer travel insurance to over 85s.    Thanks.     Geoffreyt

Travel Insurance ?  Or do you mean Health Insurance ?   Or both ? 

I think after we reach a certain age.... all those agencies cut us off and abandon us to fate....  

I hope I'm wrong...     Best of luck to you..  

Try to check MasterCard travel insurance, it might cover you depending of your bank and country.

My MasterCard Gold travel insurance covers without age limit up to 60 days – up to 18 month can be bought for a surcharge – as long as the travel (tickets etc.) is paid with the MasterCard, and the card-holder is travelling, the last as the whole family is covered. It covers from leaving home-address till back at home-address – no matter country of residence – a Danish MasterCard in my case covers me and my family from my Thai home-address. However, if one have been hospitalized, or had an operation etc., within the last two month before travelling, a medical prejudgment might be necessary; and chronic diseases are only covered if they get worse during the travel.

?

Peterheeater, good luck with your AIG travel insurance, I have never had to make a claim but my wife has, 2 or 3 times, and they have always paid up promptly and without hassle.

Khunper, thankyou, I'll check out MasterCard.    Geoff.T

Archived