Leave that lane change a gnat's too late - Click, 500 Baht

Crossy

Got nicked by one of the lane change cameras, yes I was over the line, but, like the speed cameras, there's no leeway (got done 1k for 122 in a 120 limit).

I assume the white vehicle in front got a fine too.

a3d5yDWLe0g7gXQNVaKgMPr3.jpg

To add insult to injury it was on the way to (not) get a new controller for our electric gates. Grrrr.

20 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes he will, you were both going to cut up the guy in the correct lane position...

As you can see from my turn signal I was moving to the left of the image, no cutting anyone up. I will, of course, pay my dues.

I'd just like to see the traffic plod get out there and nick a few (thousand) for all the moving infringements I see each day on the way into town.

Like back home, the enforcement droids are a cheap and low effort income stream, but they can suffer from, er, lack of judgement.

Crossy,

You really dropped a lot in how i viewed you.. you as a mod i viewed you as a demi god who would never break the rules. 

Now.. i see your just human like the rest of us prone to make mistakes. (not a big one in my book just pay up I do the same when I get caught for going to fast)

26 minutes ago, Crossy said:

As you can see from my turn signal I was moving to the left of the image, no cutting anyone up. I will, of course, pay my dues.

I'd just like to see the traffic plod get out there and nick a few (thousand) for all the moving infringements I see each day on the way into town.

Like back home, the enforcement droids are a cheap and low effort income stream, but they can suffer from, er, lack of judgement.

I know what you mean but there is a bloke in a comfy chair handing out tickets to anyone with their wheels on the white lined forbidden area who is probably on bonus...:stoner:

37 minutes ago, robblok said:

i see your just human

A significant number of our members class mods as in (or even sub) -human.

It's nice to be classified as, at least, a primate ?

Sorry to hear you got a ticket, but at the same time the driving standards and general discipline by the wheel in Thailand are generally so bad that I am thrilled that there are such cameras around.  Thais hate to be out of pocket and I am hopeful that these cameras will see some improvements in driving standards and thus, safety for all of us.

15 hours ago, robblok said:

Crossy,

You really dropped a lot in how i viewed you.. you as a mod i viewed you as a demi god who would never break the rules. 

Now.. i see your just human like the rest of us prone to make mistakes. (not a big one in my book just pay up I do the same when I get caught for going to fast)

Agree, I'm shocked. Aren't Mods supposed to be holy virgins of impeccable morality  - and F1 driving skills - sent to Earth for the benefit of us lesser beings. Booked for bad lane change! My world is destroyed. 

The light car to my left is (just) ok, the line is further to his right at that point.

It's clearer in the second photo they sent when the vehicles have moved on slightly.

I also note in the "warning" section on the back of the ticket it says that if you don't pay you won't be able to tax your vehicle next year. I will not be testing this, Wifey is paying the fine today.

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

I also note in the "warning" section on the back of the ticket it says that if you don't pay you won't be able to tax your vehicle next year. I will not be testing this, Wifey is paying the fine today.

8 hours ago, Telly said:

And you will be one of the 20% in this country that pays the fine 

Farangs should be charged double...............:cheesy:

Think you got seen off on the speeding, I was on the southern ring road doing 122 on the 120 limit, cost me 500THB in April.

Annoys the sh*t out of me the amount of people who jump red lights, people with no helmets, right under the nose of the lazy cop in his box with the air con on.

28 minutes ago, sungod said:

Think you got seen off on the speeding, I was on the southern ring road doing 122 on the 120 limit, cost me 500THB in April.

Annoys the sh*t out of me the amount of people who jump red lights, people with no helmets, right under the nose of the lazy cop in his box with the air con on.

Why do people riding with no helmets bother you?  They are only potentually harming themselves.

33 minutes ago, sungod said:

It seems to depend on where you are, expressway coming north out of BKK, just out of the 10 Baht toll, official photo through the post.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

It seems to depend on where you are, expressway coming north out of BKK, just out of the 10 Baht toll, official photo through the post.

Kanchanaphisek Bridge Southern ring road, remember that one too.

Does the app “waze” work in Thailand (are people using it and updating stuff?). Seems to work well in other countries I’ve seen. I might download and check it out. 

Bqsivakly warns you of all these sorts of things.

2 minutes ago, johng said:
5 hours ago, sungod said:
And if they hit your car and sustain an unnecessary head injury/ die as a result?

Absolutely not your fault...I would feel some sorrow but totally their fault not mine

I think you miss my point John, let's throw the cops into the equation and the price of a favourable accident  report.

7 hours ago, sungod said:

And if they hit your car and sustain an unnecessary head injury/ die as a result?

By that same token, should I get upset when I see someone in a pub drinking?   On the outside chance they may get behind a wheel, or get hit walking on the road drunk later that evening?

I'll limit my ire to behavior that puts innocent 3rd parties at risk.  Like me and my loved ones.

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

By that same token, should I get upset when I see someone in a pub drinking?   On the outside chance they may get behind a wheel, or get hit walking on the road drunk later that evening?

I'll limit my ire to behavior that puts innocent 3rd parties at risk.  Like me and my loved ones.

If someone gets drunk in a pub and gets behind the wheel then they are putting innocent parties at risk. What are you trying to say?

On 6/18/2018 at 12:28 PM, Crossy said:

Are you somehow trying to justify your move ?

Archived