Leave that lane change a gnat's too late - Click, 500 Baht

Crossy

13 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

Does the app “waze” work in Thailand (are people using it and updating stuff?). Seems to work well in other countries I’ve seen. I might download and check it out. 

Bqsivakly warns you of all these sorts of things.

Cameras spotting and maybe more waze options will soon be added to google map.

12 hours ago, Crash999 said:

How'd they know it was your car? The plate doesn't seem to be visible in the pic. 

You get three pictures, the infringement, one a couple of seconds later showing which way you were moving and a nice clear photo of the plate.

I drove past the camera yesterday as a passenger, it just looks like three conventional CCTV cameras on a pole rather than the classic Gatso we all know and love.

My buddy got nicked by one of the red light cameras here, he was in the correct turning lane and had plenty of time but was cut in front of in the middle of his turn  by a bus and several other vehicles turning out of the incorrect lane and when the light changed he was still in the intersection 

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

You get three pictures, the infringement, one a couple of seconds later showing which way you were moving and a nice clear photo of the plate.

I drove past the camera yesterday as a passenger, it just looks like three conventional CCTV cameras on a pole rather than the classic Gatso we all know and love.

That's remarkably efficient! I wonder if they're manually controlled or if the whole process is automated. 

A red-light camera would be a good addition to the roads here, more important I think than inappropriate lane changes. Far too many accidents in Thailand due to people running the lights and/or jumping a green one. 

2 hours ago, Crash999 said:

That's remarkably efficient! I wonder if they're manually controlled or if the whole process is automated. 

A red-light camera would be a good addition to the roads here, more important I think than inappropriate lane changes. Far too many accidents in Thailand due to people running the lights and/or jumping a green one. 

Ridiculous. We should also put a gps directly connected to rats in all cars if you want.

I am here to keep breaking the laws as I did all my life in EU and US when it was easier, I am not here to fear the same consequences as in the west !

yeah I understand the frustration.  I frequently wish I had a mini gun attachment front back and sides to shoot all the bugers who annoy me, I mean all those driving infractions, the very worst being dawdling at 60 on fast lane of tollway, surely they just should not be there?

also parking on tollway, stopping on corners to get into 7 eleven, stopping on streets with no stopping at any tie allowed, parking on zebra crossing and on corners of a turning, being a <deleted>, cutting people up when you are on a motorbike, being a motorcycle taxi, that is a seious one.

59 minutes ago, grkt said:

Ridiculous. We should also put a gps directly connected to rats in all cars if you want.

I am here to keep breaking the laws as I did all my life in EU and US when it was easier, I am not here to fear the same consequences as in the west !

The unfortunate consequence of breaking so many laws in Thailand is one of the highest road fatality rates in the world. If people actually stopped for red lights that'd be a good thing.

To me that's more important than keeping people from changing lanes in the wrong place.

18 hours ago, Crash999 said:

The unfortunate consequence of breaking so many laws in Thailand is one of the highest road fatality rates in the world. If people actually stopped for red lights that'd be a good thing.

To me that's more important than keeping people from changing lanes in the wrong place.

there are more dangerous things than the red lights, but that is one, if the traffic laws jsut focussed on infractions by motorcyclists less accidents would occur.

The positive about those high fatalities is that motorcyclists are highest poercentage, each one making the roads a little safer

Archived