British tourist forced to apologise after being caught trying to pull insurance scam on Koh Samui

snoop1130

British tourist forced to apologise after being caught trying to pull insurance scam on Koh Samui

dsc18061500021.jpg

A British tourist has been forced to apologise after being caught out in an insurance scam while holidaying in Koh Samui.

Adesanya Olamide Omolaja, 35, had told police how he was robbed at knife point by three men who stole his backpack.

Omolaja claimed the robbers escaped on motorbikes with his backpack, which he said contained an Apple MacBook.

He then filed an official police report in order to try and claim on his insurance.

However, after checking CCTV footage, police saw that when Omolaja had left his room in Bophut he did not have a backpack with him.

He was also with a woman, which contradicted his claim that he had been alone during the time of robbery.

Omolaja was then arrested on June 14 and admitted that his Apple MacBook had actually been lost back in London.

Details of Omolaja’s arrest were posted on the Surat Thani immigration website.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror, Omolaja said:

“As you have seen from the video that was what happened to me the other day. I guess the lesson here is that when you come over to Thailand, just be straight up with the police. Don't lie.. again, I took bad advice and see where it landed me.'”

“Again, I'm sorry to Thai people for my misconduct. And if you come to Thailand try not to get yourself into this kind of problem, as I did. Don't lie, just be honest with the police, because they will check, and you might get into a lot of trouble.''

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-18

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

"British"  right,Bernard was right

Yes British. The world is just a small village. A particular name doesn't belong to any specific country. Maybe it hurts but who can stop the wave with his own hands? 

The imbecile should have been locked up. 

People like him are Common Criminals who cause priblems for the Police, make Thailand look bad and cause Insurance Premiums to go through the roof.

Hope the Scumbag is never allowed back here.

11 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Hey mate, the bugger didn't get away with it?or am I reading different story??

MW was referring to the people that do get away with it.

Many people see this as a victimless crime, which it is not.

11 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

well IT tried, its even worse at it show to anyone that its a perfect idi...

13 hours ago, MW72 said:

How about saying sorry to all the people who pay inflated insurance prices to cover scamming pricks like you who get away with it?

12 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

I think it is just your comprehension skills in reading MW72s post. Maybe try reading it slowly. He was referring to scammers LIKE this bloke who get away with it ?.

So the moron decides to fly all the way to Thailand to pull this cheap stunt! Could have tried it in London instead of wasting his time and money trying this scam here. It is fraud and deserves some Jail time to let him ponder about his extreme unintelligence!! How much was he hoping to gain???

47 minutes ago, peperobi said:

The peoples never learn I got so many cases like that when I was working for the TPD as a volunteer in Samui. The name of that guy doesn't sound very British.

Perhaps you or the bloke that photo-bombed the arrest can explain how that actually works? I'll skip work permits but what sort of checks were made, other than by a tailor?

Archived