British tourist forced to apologise after being caught trying to pull insurance scam on Koh Samui

snoop1130

"If no-one scammed or lied there probably would be very little of that happening." Do you really believe that?:cheesy: The more money that insurance companies, banks etc get, the more they want.
Look at it another way. Supposing that tomorrow, someone invented a way that made sure it was impossible to scam an insurance company, do you think they would bring their premiums down?:cheesy: Come on, the truth now.

If there is competition in the market, yes.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are forced to apologies, it is still concerted to be sincere?

A few posters got it right, we pay for all the false insurance claims with our raising premium cost.

LeoTex

Only people that buy insurance pay increased premiums.

In much the same way that only tax payers pay for tax increases.

20 minutes ago, mogandave said:

If there is competition in the market, yes.

But would there be competition in the market? Somehow I don't think so.

Is there competition between the banks? What happens when the banks put up their prices for us

to draw money from an ATM with our UK debit card? They all do it round about the same time, they have went a bit crazy over the last few years. It's capitalism, and the insurance companies would keep charging us for as much as they can get away with.

But would there be competition in the market? Somehow I don't think so.
Is there competition between the banks? What happens when the banks put up their prices for us
to draw money from an ATM with our UK debit card? They all do it round about the same time, they have went a bit crazy over the last few years. It's capitalism, and the insurance companies would keep charging us for as much as they can get away with.

There is too much regulation of banks and insurance companies to allow real competition.

Costs me nothing to draw money with my US ATM card.

My medical insurance pays my medical bills and my auto insurance pays in the event I’m in an accident.

Insurance companies are in the business of collecting premiums, not paying out claims. That said, it has been my experience that they pay legitimate claims.

11 hours ago, mogandave said:

There is too much regulation of banks and insurance companies to allow real competition.

Costs me nothing to draw money with my US ATM card.

My medical insurance pays my medical bills and my auto insurance pays in the event I’m in an accident.

Insurance companies are in the business of collecting premiums, not paying out claims. That said, it has been my experience that they pay legitimate claims.

But they won't if they can get away with it, they use small print and legal jargon as excuses to not pay out all the time, but there are times when they pay out legitimate claims because they have no choice.

"Adesanya Olamide Omolaja" British? I don't think so, sounds like an economic migrant from some impoverished, overly religious country to me. Should have been given an extended stay courtesy of the prison service, given a criminal record as a free gift plus a nice little bit of red artwork stamped into his passport.

Anyone can lie and sound sorry, that's just too easy.

But they won't if they can get away with it, they use small print and legal jargon as excuses to not pay out all the time, but there are times when they pay out legitimate claims because they have no choice.

Why should they pay if they don’t have to?

It’s supposed to be insurance, not charity.

That people can’t be bothered to understand their coverage is not the fault of the insurance company.

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Why should they pay if they don’t have to?

It’s supposed to be insurance, not charity.

That people can’t be bothered to understand their coverage is not the fault of the insurance company.

I say it is, why all the small print and legal jargon, why can't they just be upfront? I can understand most of it, but there are people who can't and the insurance company knows this, and they play on it.

Anyone who uses small print are being very sneaky. Restaurants, hotel booking companies, etc.

I say it is, why all the small print and legal jargon, why can't they just be upfront? I can understand most of it, but there are people who can't and the insurance company knows this, and they play on it.
Anyone who uses small print are being very sneaky. Restaurants, hotel booking companies, etc.

For example?

The people that don’t read the fine print don’t read the main print.

36 minutes ago, mogandave said:

For example?

The people that don’t read the fine print don’t read the main print.

We should just end this discussion as we are never going to agree. I say most, if not all insurance companies are capitalists who use every trick in the book to relieve ordinary people of their money just like the banks.

We should just end this discussion as we are never going to agree. I say most, if not all insurance companies are capitalists who use every trick in the book to relieve ordinary people of their money just like the banks.

I’ll take that as meaning you have no examples of banks and insurance companies cheating people beyond the ATM fees.

I said at the start they don’t pay out claims they don’t have to. Not sure what we disagree about unless you think they should have to pay out claims for things not covered under the policy.

It really hurts you, doesn't it? So much pain! He is British. 

The European news says he is A
a Nigerian called ‘Big Man’ and he has been ‘staying’ in London. If that makes you British, then I’m a Martian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, johnsuma01 said:

Just my ten satang note :

That people just deserve 1 year in jail along with a big fine.

I trully expect TH authorities will report it to the police of his own country where IT will get what IT deserve.

Which will be nothing because making a false police report to police  in Thailand will be of no interest to British police.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:18 AM, Dukeleto said:

Cheers Mr. Omolaja for making the rest of us Brits look like lieing, insurance scamming con artists. How about apologising to us first!

It didn't make anyone except him look like that.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, crazykopite said:

Should have been given a weeks holiday in Samui prison for attempted fraud and wasting police time .?

There was no attempted fraud and there wouldn't be until he made an insurance claim.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, Alphy said:

So the moron decides to fly all the way to Thailand to pull this cheap stunt! Could have tried it in London instead of wasting his time and money trying this scam here. It is fraud and deserves some Jail time to let him ponder about his extreme unintelligence!! How much was he hoping to gain???

"It is fraud..."

It's not fraud.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, jgarbo said:

How about a charge of insurance fraud, filing a false police report with intent to defraud and wasting police resources? A few months in clink, deportation and blacklist. 

"How about a charge of insurance fraud.."

How about realizing that there was no insurance fraud, only a false police report?

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, Nurseynutcase said:

I do remember reading somewhere that an attempt at defrauding an insurance company results in being blacklisted against taking out any more insurance for anything, with any other company.

This includes house insurance, car insurance etc.  Looks like he is heading for a whole lot of trouble when he gets back to the UK.

I wonder why if he lost/had stolen his computer in the Uk he did not make a claim on his insurance then?

He isn't heading for any trouble when he gets home as he didn't make a claim for anything.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, travelling wilbury said:

I hope he will be banned from the kingdom forever and his insurance company told of his fraud

What fraud was that, then?  The one he couldn't commit because he hasn't got a Thai police report?

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, possum1931 said:

What about insurance companies that refuse to pay out for genuine claims. You read about it all the time in the UK.

Those claims that they don't pay out on are not genuine claims, either that or the policy conditions were not met by the policyholders.  Can you quote an example of one?

Archived