Best consulate near Thailand for Single Tourist Visa AND Single Non Immigrant B

I heard a lot about Vientiane to be a good place to get a Single Tourist Visa.

But I would like to know which consulates near Thailand are the best options if you want to get a Single Tourist Visa or a Single Non-Immigrant B visa.

The idea behind this:

You intend to start working in Thailand.

But you are not sure if there is enough time (securing the job, getting the needed papers) until the day the current visa for Thailand runs out.

So you probably have to go for a Single Tourist Visa first.

Then it would make sense to book a flight to a country / city where both visa types are quite easy to obtain in case the paperwork for the work permit is ready.

Any recommendations for embassies / consulates?

Vientiane is good for both the tourist visa and the non-b visa.

For tourist visas most other embassies and consulate will want a ticket out of the country, financial proof and proof of accommodations for tourist visa.  

All the nearby locations have about the requirements to get a single entry non-b visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ubonjoe.

Vientiane might be an option.

But again it looks like I will be in the Mukdahan area next month.

So Savannakhet would be an easy trip for me again.

I have read through thaivisa.com and "SETV in Savannakhet" a little bit.

Still I am unsure about the details of their requirements.

I just got a brand new passport.

No visa in there. Old passport has a couple of Non Immigrant O's.

The last tourist visa I had is from 2014, also in the old passport.

So to get a SETV in Savannakhet ...

- I will have to show a bank statement showing at least 20.000 THB?

Is a printout from Kasikornbank's online banking ok? Or should I better use a foreign bank since I am applying as a tourist?

So better make a printout from the Online Banking of my bank in Europe stating at least let's say 600 Euro?

- What hotel booking do I need? I will be crossing into Mukdahan the next day after application. So should I have a print out of a booking starting in Mukdahan the next day? And then another booking for let's say a week in Bangkok? Some people say the consulate wants to see a reservation for a couple of days, other say 1 week ...

- An air ticket out of Thailand to any (neighbouring) country would be fine?
And this air ticket should be for a date on day number 55 of the travel plan or on day 85 (just examples)?
I know Thai people who went to a travel agency to get a "flight reservation" in order to apply for a Schengen Visa and paid 300 baht for that. That was not a real reservation and the travel agency knew those people are not coming back to buy the real ticket. 

Is that kind of reservation acceptable or should I just buy the cheapest Air Asia ticket to Vietnam for example?

- Anything else?

Thank you very much