Australian promised sex tour with prostitutes on boat in Pattaya - drugs also involved

webfact

Australian promised sex tour with prostitutes on boat in Pattaya - drugs also involved

1PM.jpg

Pictures (2): Siamchon News

An Australian man has been arrested in Thailand who police say offered a sex tour in Pattaya.

They are also saying that Stephen Allan Carpenter, 49, is mixed up in smuggling cocaine into Australia in golf equipment.

He was arrested on a warrant for pimping at a house in Nong Yang Seua sub-district of Muak Lek, Saraburi at the weekend.

So far he has not responded to the claims saying that he does not understand the language being used. But he acknowledged that he was the person named in the Pattaya warrant.

Police say that in December of last year he posted a picture of a naked girl with a man on Facebook. On 31st December under the name of "AUSTHAI TOURS" he advertised a boat trip with women supplied in the sea off Pattaya.

1PM1.jpg

Contact was made in a sting operation through Line. A bank account number was supplied and a fee of 38,000 baht was agreed.

The warrant citing charges of offering sex services was issued on June 14th after a deposit was made for half the money, 19,000 baht.

Police allege that Mr Carpenter was illegally running a tour company and is even on overstay. He is now in the custody of the Pattaya police.

Cops say they have clear evidence that with others he imported cocaine in golf club shafts and golf bags into Australia.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-19

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So far he has not responded to the claims saying that he does not understand the language being used. But he acknowledged that he was the person named in the Pattaya warrant."

fair  enough, They should take care of a reliable translater.

18 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well it is suspicious because he doesn’t look like a Golf playing person to me at all.

I am amazed that importing golf bags into Australia wouldn't arouse instant suspicion, he would have more likely gone un-noticed had he smuggled golf bags in cocaine to Australia.

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Good riddance, but the cocaine allegation is strange. I would have expected the AFP to be all over him if it was true

Quite often the AFP past this info on to the local authorities. A lot of aussies caught in Bali is due to the AFP tipping off local authorities.

11 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

I am amazed that importing golf bags into Australia wouldn't arouse instant suspicion, he would have more likely gone un-noticed had he smuggled golf bags in cocaine to Australia.

If the bags/clubs were coming from Thailand then seems weird unless Aussie prices are very high?

Prices for any genuine golfing products in Thailand are very high compared to UK/Europe and US.

14 minutes ago, window said:

Quite often the AFP past this info on to the local authorities. A lot of aussies caught in Bali is due to the AFP tipping off local authorities.

Yes i read AFP have many POI in/around Asia.

It would not suprise if they enjoy to stitch up these  PsOS in the other country first then bang it to them big time again when they get tossed back to Australia.

bravo i for one sick of reading about these assพipes staining our farangs reputations

Australian ? With a name like "Stephen Allan Carpenter" ? Not likely !

(For all those that like to immediately assume that anyone who isn't "white" can't possibly be British, or French or American, etc, etc. With white skin like his and a name like that, he can't be Australian, he must be from somewhere else !)

Note how the face isn't shown and there's not finger pointing ! How can this be legitimate if there's no finger pointing ?

(Ps: "Sex Boat" tours have been offered in Pattaya for decades now.) 

I would suspect that the Aussies will be having a close look at "friends and associates" of Mr Carpenter back in Oz now. From the sounds of the article there is little doubt he was smuggling. Surprised that it doesn't mention any drug related charges, though it would seem they found that evidence after getting the warrant to arrest him on the other charges. Wonder if there'll be a follow story.

8 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

why pay silly money when you can walk down any street here and its in yer face probably get sea sick on a boat, its not funny after a few beers.and not be up to the job as it were lol

Same reason those Russians were able to con people into taking "sex lessons" (which most people also thought was pretty dumb as they could have learned all they need to know (and more) for a lot less if they'd just taken a stroll down Soi 6.
The people paying the money may not know any better, or they may know the people "involved" and know they are going to get a little "extra" for their money. Boat on the water, long way away from anyone else, little chance of the cops busting in.............

Archived