Pon Nam Ron Route From Bkk

UK pp holder - I'll have used my first 30 day visa exempt stamp up next week (from BKK airport), following on from a 60+30day tourist visa used prior. From my understanding I can still do 2 more border / airport runs on 30 day visa exempt stamps before I need to go to a Thai embassy.

So I'm thinking of making the border run by car. Last time (2 years ago) I went from BKK the Aranyaprathet crossing was a nightmare (is that still the case - long queues??) so I used the Pon Nam Ron crossing instead.

Can anyone advise the best route to take to Pon Nam Ron from BKK these days? Any major road constructions likely to get in the way? Or just take the most direct route as shown on map?

Map route:

Bangkok - Chacheongsao (route7)

Chacheongsao - Phanom Sarakham (319)

Phanom Sarakham - Sa Kaeo (304 & 359) - from here could go onto Aranyaprathet/Poipet.

Sa Kaeo - Pon Nam Ron (317)

and back!

Any advise appreciated..

Thanks for the confirmation on route...

Agree Aranyapratet closer, but last time I went (2 years ago now), queues there were 2 -3 hours long mid week. Was considering Pon Nam Rorn a quicker alternative, even from Bangkok?

Or should I just choose Aranyapratet from BKK?

Edited by Digitalbanana

JMO but i would go via Chonburi motorway , then to Klaeng, Chantaburi and up to Pom Nam Rong. All good roads and not too much trafic.

About 4 hours, much the same as Bangkok to Poipet, but much quicker for the over and back.