VIDEOS: Phi Phi ferry lashed by severe storm

Jonathan Fairfield

VIDEOS: Phi Phi ferry lashed by severe storm

Untitled.png

Videos shared to Facebook showed a passenger ferry travelling to Koh Phi Phi during stormy seas.

The clips were taken as passengers travelled on the ferry between Ao Nang and Koh Phi Phi on Monday.

The footage was shared by Facebook user Yim Yim Cruiser who said that despite the severe weather, many passengers did not put on life jackets. 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-19

In the day, we travelled from Krabi to Koh Phi Phi in worse seas and on wooden boats, not the big steel ferries that now serve the route..... On one occasion, the wooden sides opened one inch gaps at the timber joints..... Don't know about the hull or the bilge pumps, but it sure was a rejoicing time when we eventually arrived physically unharmed....

No L/J's. Because they were not instructed or made to do.

Store, ha ha. I was a deck hand in the Merchand Navy when I was 22 sailing on a cruise ship 26,000 tons, Empress of Canada on the way to Canada, we hit a hurricane 40+ ft seas, that was a storm.

Later at 38 yrs old took a 58ft cruiser from Liverpool to Mallorca, Spain and hit a force 9 hurricane off Cadiz, Trafalgar that was a storm.

8 hours ago, shaurene said:

Store, ha ha. I was a deck hand in the Merchand Navy when I was 22 sailing on a cruise ship 26,000 tons, Empress of Canada on the way to Canada, we hit a hurricane 40+ ft seas, that was a storm.

Later at 38 yrs old took a 58ft cruiser from Liverpool to Mallorca, Spain and hit a force 9 hurricane off Cadiz, Trafalgar that was a storm.

Force 9 is only a severe gale not a hurricane 

On 6/20/2018 at 9:25 AM, shaurene said:

When I was 21 I went to Antarctica; blah, blah, blah... 

Archived