Deportation - Foreign Criminal Record

On 6/20/2018 at 5:46 AM, KhaoYai said:

Sort your problems out some other way.  This person may be causing trouble but they may be in a relationship - would you want to break that up? 

More importantly, do you think the Thai policeman you report the matter to actually gives a toss?  What's in it for him? Remember, law enforcers in Thailand have a different agenda to what you may be used to.  You may find that if you become a grass (snitch?), people stop talking to you. Leave it or sort it another way.

Agree with above ? on the deportation issue? what if you done your time, paid for your crime, gone straight or life back on track? are you deported, how many times must you pay for same crime .. 

On 6/20/2018 at 8:12 AM, kingstonkid said:

Simple answer if he is wanted in the states then the Embassy would decide if he is worthy of their concern.  Thai police cannot act on a foreign crime unless asked to.  goes for Brits adn Canucks also

In no way do I support the OP - see my previous post.  But..........the Thai police don't need to act on any foreign crime. Although he may not have known it (most don't), if the guy the OP is referring to has been convicted of anything other than a minor crime in his home country or elsewhere, he has entered Thailand illegally - as has been pointed out above.

Edited by KhaoYai

30 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

In no way do I support the OP - see my previous post.  But..........the Thai police don't need to act on any foreign crime. Although he may not have known it (most don't), if the guy the OP is referring to has been convicted of anything other than a minor crime in his home country or elsewhere, he has entered Thailand illegally - as has been pointed out above.

No he hasn’t entered illegally!

If he was granted permission to stay by immigration, and wasn't otherwise barred from entry, they entered legally. What makes you believe otherwise?

8 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

For a hypothetical situation you sure seem to be very interested........................................cough

Something i pointed out already, hypothetical my a++e, look at post 10 on this thread.

OP is a BS merchant.

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Something i pointed out already, hypothetical my a++e, look at post 10 on this thread.

OP is a BS merchant.

I hate grasses any where. He clearly is new in Thailand and needs to change gear and find neutral. For real not hypothetically of course.

Edited by AdamTheFarang
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2018 at 1:55 AM, ubonjoe said:

A person could be deported for illegal entry under this clause of section 12 of the immigration act.

image.png.16b091d60befb5dd6ea4df66f9dae062.png

Australia quite often prevent ppl to enter the country, if you have a serious rap-sheet. Why not Thailand?

6 hours ago, elviajero said:

What makes you believe otherwise?

The law that I mentioned. Quite how the Thai authorities expect people to know they've broken the law when they are not asked about their record, I know not.  Despite that, the law regarding entering Thailand states that he should not have entered.  Don't fight with me about it, I didn't write the law but it is there.