Video: Thai lawyer forced to the ground and cuffed at Bangkok police station

webfact

Video: Thai lawyer forced to the ground and cuffed at Bangkok police station

3PM.jpg

Pictures (2): Manager Online

Thai police in Bangkok turned the tables on a well known lawyer at Pahonyothin police station yesterday.

Lawyer Sukit Phoonsrikasem was at the police station with a medium who is embroiled in a defamation case.

But crime suppression police served him with a warrant concerning illegal encroachment and damage to the environment in Tak province in Thailand's north west.

3PM1.jpg

When the lawyer refused to go quietly the cops moved in and forced the bespectacled elderly man to the ground to cuff and subdue him.

On video he screams that he can't breathe while an officer orders him to be still.

In the confusion the medium Ms Saengsuriyathep Phramahasuriya escaped without facing her charges. She is involved in a defamation dispute with Atchariya Reunangratanapong.

The video of the lawyer's arrest made it to YouTube with Manager publishing many still photos of the arrest.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-20

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish this country were as commited to saving lives, beaches ,environment and end road lawlessness as they are in Grandstanding in front of cameras with soap opera style drama....

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"In the confusion the medium Ms Saengsuriyathep Phramahasuriya escaped..."

yes because the whole police force was playing "pile on" with this old guy.

The Thia police ain't got nothing when it comes to some police tactics in the USA.

I once counted 20 police "subduing" a  suspect on a YouTube video.    There were simply so many of them they couldn't all touch him at once.

From what I observed  in this video it appears the police acted  suddenly without trying to deescalate the situation.   

Just now, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Meh.... they seemed pretty gentle with him.

A donut chuggin American cop would just teaser him at the least.

You mean tickle him under the armpits?  or prod in the ribs?   :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Meh.... they seemed pretty gentle with him.

A donut chuggin American cop would just teaser him at the least.

I wouldn't disagree with you about the doughnut  thing but I'd also say some of the coppers in the video have gone off their Weight Watchers diet as well.

4 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"Lawyer Sukit Phoonsrikasem was at the police station with a medium who is embroiled in a defamation case."

She should have told him this was going to happen !

regards Worgeordie

Ha ha!

When it comes to predictions, those mediums are pretty rare, I'd steak her reputation on it.

Well he must have been saying naughty words or something just as serious.

When plod arrested me.. With a warrant... They said please come with us, even opened/ closed the pickup door for me, perfect gentlemen.:cheesy:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

But crime suppression police served him with a warrant concerning illegal encroachment and damage to the environment in Tak province in Thailand's north west.

Didn't his "medium" client see that coming?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In the confusion the medium Ms Saengsuriyathep Phramahasuriya escaped without facing her charges

Yeah, that always happens when it comes to have control over more than one thing at the same time.

When the lawyer refused to go quietly the cops moved in and forced the bespectacled elderly man to the ground to cuff and subdue him.

Because they had to.   They could not help themselves.  How does one say Orwellian in Thai ?

In the confusion the medium Ms Saengsuriyathep Phramahasuriya escaped without facing her charges.

Come on, she's a medium, she knew this was going to happen...........................:w00t:

Archived