Chinese tourist drowns at Railay Bay after ignoring the warnings

webfact

Chinese tourist drowns at Railay Bay after ignoring the warnings

4PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a 32 year old Chinese tourist staying in the Railay Bay area of Krabi drowned yesterday after ignoring officials' warnings not to enter stormy seas.

Park staff, fellow tourists, climbing groups and medics from First Standard Clinic in Ao Nang were all involved in bringing Mr Ma Xuxu to shore at Phranang Beach where he was given CPR.

Unconscious, he was thereafter transferred by boat and ambulance at Krabi Hospital. On the journey medics continued by every means to save his life but he did not respond.

He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Thai Rath reported that the tourist had gone to Phranang beach where officials warned him not to enter the water. He said he wouldn't and was just taking a few pictures.

But after that he went in the waves without a life jacket and drowned.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-20

a870653cf451192096d3dacb41a8b555?fid=339

This is my friend who drowns water. This report is upside down. My friend can't speak English nor understand Thai. HOW CHOULD HE COMMUNICATED WITH Thai people?

Here forward the statement of the visitors present to clarify the facts

“Hello everyone: I am a tourist from Chengdu, China. An unfortunate accident occurred on June 19 in Railay Island, Krabi, Thailand. A Chinese tourist was drowned. I happened to be at the scene. My daughter and I witnessed this unfortunate incident. I would like to tell everyone I know. We arrived at Krabi on the 17th. It was bad luck. After it arrived, it was raining. On the morning of the 19th, the sky was clear. We thought it would not rain, and we came to the Olle Beach ticketing place, and asked if we could go to Railay? At that time, the people there told us that we could go Railay from the back of the island. That side was off the coast. The storm could not be there. They arranged a car to the dock. When we arrived , we did see there was no storm. After waiting for more than 30 minutes, We took a boat to Railay. On the island, it started to rain again in a short time. The weather here is really strange. The rain is coming quickly. When my wife and I arrived at the Gulf where the accident occurred, we were quite excited. At this time, the Gulf was quite calm. I saw MANY PEOPLE PLAYING IN THE WATER THERE, local people, people from Europe ,from United States and also from China, What I have seen is that everyone does not wear a life jacket. There is no WARNING nor RED FLAG (there are pictures to prove it). At that time, my daughter was quite sorry to say that there was no storm and I regret not bringing the swimsuit. I also said to my daughter. Just play on the edge and see if the beauty is so good. At the time we were standing on the rocks and taking out the mobile phone to take pictures. The photo I took was the man who drowned. I saw him on the edge of the beach and did not go to the middle of the sea. After I took a few shots, I turned to the other side. Maybe I didn't turn around for 10 seconds. My daughter suddenly started calling me. I turned around and saw a lady in a red swimsuit running deeper into the sea. After seeing that a very tall American rushed past, another 6 to 7 people rushed forward and strove forward. At that time in my mind, I knew that something was going wrong and someone was drowning. Perhaps it was less than half a minute that people were rescued from the sea. At the time, there were Americans and British people who took an uninterrupted emergency rescue to the men. The local medical staff also took the first-aid kit to participate in the rescue. I heard that the lady was calling his husband and my heart hurt. It was our countrymen. I cried when my daughter was next to her, especially my daughter. She had never been so close to death, she told me that she has never been so hurt in her heart after that, I have been praying to save people. The rescue process lasted for about an hour. Later, under local arrangements, the people were taken to the hospital. His wife also went with them. This is the whole process I saw at the scene. In the end, I would like to say that there are deviations in reports from the Thai side. Some domestic media did not consider the feelings of the families of the deceased at the time of forwarding. It was also immoral to forward untrue reports, which was a blow to the family members. After the accident, my daughter and I have been accompanied by their 4-year-old daughter until the evening the little girl was safely sent to her mother, during the accompany with the children, a couple from Spain also with us, they are really kindly, There is also an Indian girl who also wants to send the girl with us to help. Finally, as a Chinese, I want to thank these people who give their efforts to rescue my compatriots. They are still fell sorry about they can’t rescue the people. I also hope that the mother will be strong. Your daughter needs you. You must take care of your daughter. I will always wish you go far away! “

Doesn't look that bad, a bit choppy yes, but unless there are fantastic under tows it doesn't look that bad. I have been to railey and it seemed to be fairly sheltered.  Doesn't sound like the man was a swimmer of any ability.  Of course some times, people panic, swallow that first gulp of water, stress builds, they have a heart attack, etc.  Bad situations degrade to worse

Hi
I was there with my wife and two sons (daughter at the pool at the time). The weather was fine after some Days of Heavy monsune but the Waves was quite large. In Sweden we all learn how to swim when we are about 5-7 years old so we played in the Waves for some ours until a large Group of chinese Tourists arrived, and others. Some of them played in the water, almost none with Life jacket on. Many peolple took Pictures and selfies. It was almost too many Tourists at the time so we Went up from the water and was thinking of food instead.

Suddenly my wife and I saw a black object in the water about 20 m from shore. "Is it a piece of Wood or what is it?" I hope it´s not a human!" Then we Heard a women yelled and I realised directly it WAS a human... The black object was his head.
It was me and another guy "Patrick" (american or brittish) that crawled out to this man and swam with him back to the beach. I couple of more Tourists also helped us after a short while. We directly started CPR at the beach after carried him up a bit from the Waves. I don´t want to write about any details, but it was a hard job and messy. I did the blowing and Patrick did the compressions. After a long time an american women and her daughter came and started to help us so we could rest.
His wife sat Close at his head at all time, crying, talking to her husband, thanking us for trying to help him etc.
At the same time about 50 chinese Tourists stod there and just...filmed and took Pictures of the rescue! (Ok, not all of them).
After a LONG time the local Medical center came. But it was too late. No heart starter, no stretcher, no helicopter, no speed boat.
After maybe 40 min a long tail boat arrived and with a stretcher some of the tourists made by themselves (!), he and his wife finally could go to Krabi hospital.
Me, my wife, the spanish couple and a chinese women then walked with their daughter back to their hotel. Of course the monsune then came back...

Lots of thoughts now when back in Sweden:
Did I do enough? Did all of us do enough? I Think we do. Hope so. We did SOMETHING. Why did´t anyone helped us? I called out for 911, called for help carry him, move him etc. Many people there and about 5-7 that really tried to help. Ok, probably some in chock and many that couldn´t swim. NO Life guards. I saw several of them just some days earlier at the same beach, with walkie talkies and everything. Ok, Thailand is not a rich country but in Sweden for an example, a helicopter would have arrived after 10 min. Or a speed boat with Medicals or anything...

I feel so sorry for him, his wife, their cute daughter and all of their family and friends!
I´m probably in some chock still but now I can still sleep at night. Also the rest of my family. But this will probably hunt us for many years.

Be careful with open water. Learn how to swim. Learn how to do CPR and take care!

Railay.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 2:39 AM, The Swede said:

Hi
I was there with my wife and two sons (daughter at the pool at the time). The weather was fine after some Days of Heavy monsune but the Waves was quite large. In Sweden we all learn how to swim when we are about 5-7 years old so we played in the Waves for some ours until a large Group of chinese Tourists arrived, and others. Some of them played in the water, almost none with Life jacket on. Many peolple took Pictures and selfies. It was almost too many Tourists at the time so we Went up from the water and was thinking of food instead.

Suddenly my wife and I saw a black object in the water about 20 m from shore. "Is it a piece of Wood or what is it?" I hope it´s not a human!" Then we Heard a women yelled and I realised directly it WAS a human... The black object was his head.
It was me and another guy "Patrick" (american or brittish) that crawled out to this man and swam with him back to the beach. I couple of more Tourists also helped us after a short while. We directly started CPR at the beach after carried him up a bit from the Waves. I don´t want to write about any details, but it was a hard job and messy. I did the blowing and Patrick did the compressions. After a long time an american women and her daughter came and started to help us so we could rest.
His wife sat Close at his head at all time, crying, talking to her husband, thanking us for trying to help him etc.
At the same time about 50 chinese Tourists stod there and just...filmed and took Pictures of the rescue! (Ok, not all of them).
After a LONG time the local Medical center came. But it was too late. No heart starter, no stretcher, no helicopter, no speed boat.
After maybe 40 min a long tail boat arrived and with a stretcher some of the tourists made by themselves (!), he and his wife finally could go to Krabi hospital.
Me, my wife, the spanish couple and a chinese women then walked with their daughter back to their hotel. Of course the monsune then came back...

Lots of thoughts now when back in Sweden:
Did I do enough? Did all of us do enough? I Think we do. Hope so. We did SOMETHING. Why did´t anyone helped us? I called out for 911, called for help carry him, move him etc. Many people there and about 5-7 that really tried to help. Ok, probably some in chock and many that couldn´t swim. NO Life guards. I saw several of them just some days earlier at the same beach, with walkie talkies and everything. Ok, Thailand is not a rich country but in Sweden for an example, a helicopter would have arrived after 10 min. Or a speed boat with Medicals or anything...

I feel so sorry for him, his wife, their cute daughter and all of their family and friends!
I´m probably in some chock still but now I can still sleep at night. Also the rest of my family. But this will probably hunt us for many years.

Be careful with open water. Learn how to swim. Learn how to do CPR and take care!

Railay.PNG

Hello, it's Patrick(American). I believe you're name was Magnus. I to feel sad over this incident,  but I also feel we did everything we could given the situation.  We had no medical equipment to work with and he needed to be transported by boat or helicopter in the first 10 minutes,  not the 45 minutes to 1 hour it took. This was an exhausting incident and I thank everyone who helped us out that day.  I'm so sorry for his wife and daughter, I wish we could have done more. 

On 6/23/2018 at 2:58 AM, Friendofxuxuma said:

a870653cf451192096d3dacb41a8b555?fid=339

This is my friend who drowns water. This report is upside down. My friend can't speak English nor understand Thai. HOW CHOULD HE COMMUNICATED WITH Thai people?

Here forward the statement of the visitors present to clarify the facts

“Hello everyone: I am a tourist from Chengdu, China. An unfortunate accident occurred on June 19 in Railay Island, Krabi, Thailand. A Chinese tourist was drowned. I happened to be at the scene. My daughter and I witnessed this unfortunate incident. I would like to tell everyone I know. We arrived at Krabi on the 17th. It was bad luck. After it arrived, it was raining. On the morning of the 19th, the sky was clear. We thought it would not rain, and we came to the Olle Beach ticketing place, and asked if we could go to Railay? At that time, the people there told us that we could go Railay from the back of the island. That side was off the coast. The storm could not be there. They arranged a car to the dock. When we arrived , we did see there was no storm. After waiting for more than 30 minutes, We took a boat to Railay. On the island, it started to rain again in a short time. The weather here is really strange. The rain is coming quickly. When my wife and I arrived at the Gulf where the accident occurred, we were quite excited. At this time, the Gulf was quite calm. I saw MANY PEOPLE PLAYING IN THE WATER THERE, local people, people from Europe ,from United States and also from China, What I have seen is that everyone does not wear a life jacket. There is no WARNING nor RED FLAG (there are pictures to prove it). At that time, my daughter was quite sorry to say that there was no storm and I regret not bringing the swimsuit. I also said to my daughter. Just play on the edge and see if the beauty is so good. At the time we were standing on the rocks and taking out the mobile phone to take pictures. The photo I took was the man who drowned. I saw him on the edge of the beach and did not go to the middle of the sea. After I took a few shots, I turned to the other side. Maybe I didn't turn around for 10 seconds. My daughter suddenly started calling me. I turned around and saw a lady in a red swimsuit running deeper into the sea. After seeing that a very tall American rushed past, another 6 to 7 people rushed forward and strove forward. At that time in my mind, I knew that something was going wrong and someone was drowning. Perhaps it was less than half a minute that people were rescued from the sea. At the time, there were Americans and British people who took an uninterrupted emergency rescue to the men. The local medical staff also took the first-aid kit to participate in the rescue. I heard that the lady was calling his husband and my heart hurt. It was our countrymen. I cried when my daughter was next to her, especially my daughter. She had never been so close to death, she told me that she has never been so hurt in her heart after that, I have been praying to save people. The rescue process lasted for about an hour. Later, under local arrangements, the people were taken to the hospital. His wife also went with them. This is the whole process I saw at the scene. In the end, I would like to say that there are deviations in reports from the Thai side. Some domestic media did not consider the feelings of the families of the deceased at the time of forwarding. It was also immoral to forward untrue reports, which was a blow to the family members. After the accident, my daughter and I have been accompanied by their 4-year-old daughter until the evening the little girl was safely sent to her mother, during the accompany with the children, a couple from Spain also with us, they are really kindly, There is also an Indian girl who also wants to send the girl with us to help. Finally, as a Chinese, I want to thank these people who give their efforts to rescue my compatriots. They are still fell sorry about they can’t rescue the people. I also hope that the mother will be strong. Your daughter needs you. You must take care of your daughter. I will always wish you go far away! “

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend! I was the American who swam out to help bring him in and started rescue on the beach.  His wife thanked us many times on the beach during our efforts. Please tell his wife and daughter how sorry we are that we could not save him, we did all that we could, given the situation. 

Hmm ...... There certainly is a substantially different story told by two parties.

Salute to the Swede, the American and others who made a valiant effort to save the Chinese victim.

Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased. RIP to the young father.

Very sad story with the true facts now being known.as normal the blame goes on anyone who isn't Thai.in fact it's quite sickening how they pass the buck onto the man who died and can't answer back.there are no regards to tourists safety in Thailand,just a load of big talk and no action.this beach could of been manned by two life guards for around 2,500baht a day at most.well done to all those who tried their very best to help and condolences to the family.

Archived