Thailand elite visa - Advice needed

thank you for the reply , im trying to understand how is this my fault if i always give my passport to the office for the 90 days report , they say i m 150 days overstayed but how is this possible as i got the 90 days report before 3 months which is less than 150 days and already overstayed if thats the case why i didnt get a warning or a fine ? the immigration officer didnt see that i was overstayed 3 months at that time ? is there anything i can do to avoid the 1 year ban ?

I have no clue why they didn't warn you. They probably missed it as visa extension is really your responsibility. One would expect, however, that when you pay 500k for a visa the rules would be explained to you.

As for the best course of action....I don't know. You seem to overstated for more than 90 days so it's a year ban. You are actually very lucky you didn't get arrested which I can only assume is due to visa you are holding.

Let's wait for ubon joe to give you the best answer.

• Like 1

I have checked into the 5 years Elite visa long time ago , if i remember right you need to exit and re enter Thailand once a year. You are over staying if you have not been out of Thailand since you got the Elite visa about one and the half year ago.

Edited by Thailand J
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

thanks to everyone for the reply , i think i need to pack and leave the country , i was not well informed and i wish someone explained to me before that i need to leave the country every year which is different from the 90 day report , the thailand elite office tried to blame the immigration officer on counter 3 as they told me from not checking properly the last time i got my 90 day report 

thanks again and wish you all the best

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mrboats said:

I am also a member of TE....it clearly states in their correspondence that you must leave the country every year or pay 1900baht for the following years extension....your last stamp in the passport also shows the expiry date of your stay

this visa is more designed for frequent travellers....not long term permenant stayers

"this visa is more designed for frequent travellers....not long term permenant stayers"

I think there are a few on this forum who will not like that opinion....Love Thilande Lite, et al.

Edited by PREM-R
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, mrboats said:

I am also a member of TE...

Don't you love it when you have stuffed up and somebody comes along and gives you advice after the event, basically repeating back to you what you have just told them. What would we do without these helpful people?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Very odd that YOU didn't check the "admitted until" date in your passport and immigration missed the problem when you did your last 90 day report.

As many other TE members are commenting on Facebook where somebody copied the post, all entries are for 1 year and it is clear in your TE pack.

Good luck !

You do not have to leave the country every year, you simply go to immigration and apply for a one year extension before the admitted until date on the entry stamp, cost 1900 baht. You can stay continually in Thailand for five years if you wish. You do not need a reentry stamp if you leave the country, when you return you automatically get another 12 months. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, humbug said:

this is not thailand elite's fault

this is the mistake of immigration for processing a 90 day report without a valid visa extension.

The service you requested from thai elite would be 90 day reporting which they did from your post but immigration didnt flag the extension was over after 1 year is up.

When i processed my 90 day report before my new extension immigration told me to get the extension first then come back to the desk for the 90 day report. 

So how you were able to get 1-2 90 day report without a valid extendion is crazy and a worry if YOU dont check as well

This is the way people care about their job in this country.

And anyway, why would the OP be on overstay when he has a 5 years valid visa ?! It should not be called overstay.

I wish you the best and hope that you blame all these idiots, elite and immigrat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grkt said:

This is the way people care about their job in this country.

And anyway, why would the OP be on overstay when he has a 5 years valid visa ?! It should not be called overstay.

I wish you the best and hope that you blame all these idiots, elite and immigrat.

Because he doesn't have a 5 year valid visa. He has a 1 year valid extension of stay which he can extend for one year at a time for five years.

Edited by Myran
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myran said:

Because he doesn't have a 5 year valid visa. He has a 1 year valid extension of stay which he can extend for one year at a time for five years.

He does have a valid visa that allows unlimited one year entries for 5 years from the date of issue.

A extension is only needed if a person does not want to leave the country to get a new one year entry.

I see the Elite visa as confirmation that the Thai government are only interested in your money, you gave them 500.000 Baht? What are you getting in return for it? You still have to pay for everything else, and still have to do your 90 day report as well during these five years.

• Like 1

I have to admit, that despite the onerous being on the OP to ensure that his permission to stay is in date, it does surprise me that Thailand Elite did not pick up on this and warn him of the potential overstay the last time that he submitted his passport for a 90 day report, a pretty poor show by all really, just shows that neither TE or Immigration pay much attention.

There is, unfortunately, every possibility that a ban will be applied, meaning that most of the 500,000 paid out is wasted.

Lesson learnt for other TE members out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1