Thailand elite visa - Advice needed

3 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

There's no financial reporting requirement when you have a TEV, no showing 400k or 800k annually.

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

This is the main function of the annual report.

No it’s not. The reason for an “annual report” is to extend your permission to stay. That is required for PE visa holders that don’t leave the country OR retirees with 1 year permits to stay. PE visa holders don’t have to provide financials, but “retirees” do.

6 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I post off a TM47 every 90 days & have yet to have any problems, or been told to do anything differently.

Then I suggest, again, that you speak to TE. They will explain what you’ve been doing wrong, that you face a 20K overstay bill, and the possibility of being deported and banned from the country.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

No problem with terminology. If you have a 5 year TEV you do not need to do annuals or leave Thailand. I've been on one for 2 or 3 years now, so I should know. There's no financial reporting requirement when you have a TEV, no showing 400k or 800k annually. This is the main function of the annual report.

I post off a TM47 every 90 days & have yet to have any problems, or been told to do anything differently.

(my bolding added in above quote)

I know you believe that, but how do you know that?  Can you quote from some Immigration Act or rule?

Just because the person who processes your 90-day reports doesn't bother checking for a current annual extension, or is under a mistaken belief you don't need one, doesn't mean you aren't required to do one.

Imagine this scenario:  You have not filed an annual extension (nor left Thailand) for two years and then head to the airport to depart.  They notice the two-year lapse, declare you on overstay and ban you from returning for a pre-determined amount of time (based on length of overstay.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skatewash said:

If you so desire you can read the OP's email he received from immigration.  It is a good example of what being told differently looks like.  ?

I did fully read the OP, that's why I commented. Also, as someone who has the same visa.

I see the problem

One would think that paying all that money for 5 yrs, that you would think there was no need to go/ worry every year about some form of renewal

Just all round bad service by Thai Elite - What must go through their heads knowing that you come to them all the time,

They must of presumed you knew & maybe did the Ext/or whatever yourself without checking the Passport.

As mentioned if they were any good they would of had a list of requirements covering the 5 yrs, or at least advise you as the process was ongoing.

So now it looks like OP & maybe some others have to leave in a hurry / pay a fine / lose whatever they had left on the Elite Visa / hopefully not get locked up & no doubt facing a band

I wouldn't hold out on Thai Elites help, as it looks like they are washing their hands of it.

Since they're playing the blaming game with Immi, & they sent you that letter 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

(my bolding added in above quote)

I know you believe that, but how do you know that?  Can you quote from some Immigration Act or rule?

Just because the person who processes your 90-day reports doesn't bother checking for a current annual extension, or is under a mistaken belief you don't need one, doesn't mean you aren't required to do one.

Imagine this scenario:  You have not filed an annual extension (nor left Thailand) for two years and then head to the airport to depart.  They notice the two-year lapse, declare you on overstay and ban you from returning for a pre-determined amount of time (based on length of overstay.)

Last June (2017) I went through the airport heading to London. The last time I'd left Thailand was to Cambodia in January 2016. All I'd done in the intervening period was 90 day reports. I went to the departure/immigration counter and they stamped me out of Thailand (without any comment or problem), when I returned 6 weeks later they gave me another year. I didn't leave Thailand cos I had to for that either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Last June (2017) I went through the airport heading to London. The last time I'd left Thailand was to Cambodia in January 2016. All I'd done in the intervening period was 90 day reports. I went to the departure/immigration counter and they stamped me out of Thailand (without any comment or problem), when I returned 6 weeks later they gave me another year. I didn't leave Thailand cos I had to for that either.

LOL!

Then you haven't stayed in the country without leaving. When you returned from your last trip abroad you would have received a new 1 year permit to stay. If you don't leave again before that year expires you need to go to immigration and apply for an extension of stay.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Judging by the previous replies, I expect a deflection.

Bingo.

No "deflection" at all. I take it you have a TEV "Briggsy"?  Or do you just go on like you know it all, when you do not, like many here?

When I got my TEV they cancelled the retirement visa and stuck in the TEV with a stamp from 31st March, to 30 March the following year (this was done at CW Immigration).

I've never done an annual after getting the TEV, no reason to lie about it, or "deflect", or mislead people (have just done 90 day reports).

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

Again, I know you can stay continuously for 5 years and didn't say you can't.

Your friend will have been going to immigration each year and extending his stay.

No he has not, I could even get him to confirm that.

During what period of time have you been in Thailand for longer than a year without leaving or filing for an extension of stay (TM 7) at immigration?

Your contention is that that is possible to do with a PE visa.  Everyone else has been telling you it's not.  Should be fairly simple to disprove, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skatewash said:

During what period of time have you been in Thailand for longer than a year without leaving or filing for an extension of stay (TM 7) at immigration?

Your contention is that that is possible to do with a PE visa.  Everyone else has been telling you it's not.  Should be fairly simple to disprove, right?

Well mate, I know from experience what I've done, and  all with TM47's every 90 days. Besides the OP, who else commenting here has a TEV? Nobody? Thought so!

As I said, there's no financial reporting when on a TEV, that's what annual reporting is all about, when on a retirement or marriage visa.

Just Googled " Thailands 5 year Elite Visa "

Went into their site & it says the PE Visa replaced the Elite original 

BUT the page starts of with this

Thailand Elite membership is the best way for foreigners to enjoy Thailand for extended periods of time. Not only the members are greeted by charming Thailand Elites staff each time they enter the country, they can also benefit from a privileged entry visa. The PE visa is valid for 5 years and allows the member to stay in the country for 1 year per entry (Extendable)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Just Googled " Thailands 5 year Elite Visa "

Went into their site & it says the PE Visa replaced the Elite original 

BUT the page starts of with this

Thailand Elite membership is the best way for foreigners to enjoy Thailand for extended periods of time. Not only the members are greeted by charming Thailand Elites staff each time they enter the country, they can also benefit from a privileged entry visa. The PE visa is valid for 5 years and allows the member to stay in the country for 1 year per entry (Extendable)

Well, that's very interesting because the red text would seem to imply that you cannot stay in Thailand longer than a year without either leaving the country or getting an extension of stay from immigration.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can believe your link because we have not established yet whether you have a PE visa or not.  ?

Do you perhaps have a friend who does have a PE visa who can confirm that's a legitimate link?  ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

So you need to leave again or do a extension this month, are you on a overstay already? Check the admitted to date stamp in your PP from the last time you entered

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:
19 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Again, I know you can stay continuously for 5 years and didn't say you can't.

Your friend will have been going to immigration each year and extending his stay.

No he has not, I could even get him to confirm that.

Pleased do, that would be great.

17 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Nope! I stayed in LOS for 18 months with no annual. How many more times??!!

You and you friend are very privileged.

Here's another one, if you google my previous quote just tap into the first couple on the first page (didn't need to go any further )

How does the five (5) year visa work?
The Member is granted a special five (5)-year multiple entry VISA with automatic approval of one 1 year stay. The Member is also exempt from the requirement to leave Thailand extend length of stay but is subject to stay extension fee (1900 THB) as stated in the Thai Immigration service duty charges. Member only require to visit Immigration office once every 12 months, if member never leave Thailand for one year.

Ok, that's clear then. I've been mulling TE for a while now.

Any time you come into the country you get to stay a year, no questions asked. After, well just before, a year you either need to (a) get the 'ell out and come back in or (b) go pay for an extension. In case (a) you're good for another year from the date of reentry. Case (b) you're good for 1 year from the day the extension was stamped.

And, of course, all these fun and games are permissible for the duration of the TE visa, or PE visa, or whatever it's called.

I stand to be corrected ... But be precise please based on published rules not anecdotes.

• Like 2

Follow up, re the 90-day reporting I understand this has nothing to do with the visa but with Thai Govt. wanting to know what falang's been up to. Though I don't do that now that I am working at an NGO with a work permit, so I guess it may actually have something to do with said falang's  residential status. But it doesn't seem a big deal in any case.

3 minutes ago, The Dancer said:

Follow up, re the 90-day reporting I understand this has nothing to do with the visa but with Thai Govt. wanting to know what falang's been up to. Though I don't do that now that I am working at an NGO with a work permit, so I guess it may actually have something to do with said falang's  residential status. But it doesn't seem a big deal in any case.

If you are in Thailand for 90 days (or more) a 90 Day Report is due to immigration.  I'm not aware of any exception to that requirement (other than Permanent Residents or people who have acquired Thai citizenship).  I don't see anything you mentioned in your personal circumstances that would relieve you of that obligation if you are in Thailand for 90 days (or more).

55 minutes ago, The Dancer said:

Correct. Reporting your address every 90 days is a law anyone with permission to stay longer than 90 days has to comply with. PE visa holders are not exempt.

If you are working you would need to get a non ‘B’ visa/entry. The PE visa is effectively a tourist visa and doesn’t allow work. You can keep the TE membership and visa, but you cannot use the visa whilst working.

Edited by elviajero

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I did fully read the OP, that's why I commented. Also, as someone who has the same visa.

Please look at the lastest entry stamp in your passport and tell us what is the admitted until date.

How many more times we have to ask???

Please.

When I stayed in Thailand with my PE visa, I can now admit to never bothering to do 90 day reports (yes, I know I was required to do them, but I couldn't be bothered to fight with the traffic to get to the immigration office in Phuket town).

No-one ever 'chased me' on that, and I still come and go to Thailand using my PE visa (it has about 2 years left on its validity).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Nope! I stayed in LOS for 18 months with no annual. How many more times??!!

Why don't you just take pictures of the stamps in your passport as i asked you to do 2 pages ago already? Then everybody here will believe you

• Like 1