Home wifi hotspot

Hi, I need some guidance regarding a wifi hotspot at home.

I have a Truemove H package on my phone which I currently use as a hot spot at home.

I have decided to subscribe to the Line mobile unlimited package but to keep my Truemove package on my phone. How can I use my new Line mobile sim to get a wifi hotspot at home. I know I could use a second phone but is there a cheaper/better alternative?

Many thanks for any input.

I use one of these which are widely available here from around 1300B.

https://consumer.huawei.com/au/support/mobile-broadband/e8372h-608/

For me it works fine with my 2675B 12-month True 4Mbs unlimited 4G package, but I dont know if all service providers will allow you to use their packages as hotspots.

Hotspots based on your mobile tariff are usually much more expensive than a dedicated home based broadband/wifi system.

Not if you get the right tariff. I pay 2675B for an entire year of 4Mbs 4G. It is technically unlimited but it does come with a very vague FUP that may or may not be applied depending on how you use it. Certainly my 4Mbs has never been throttled, but I dont use it every day.

38 minutes ago, DickThrust said:

Hi Ubonjoe, purchased the device that you suggested from Lazada. Took some time to set it up - in the end my local mobile phone guru helped me out. It is now working very well.

Thanks again for the advice.

How much did you pay for Unlimited?

Currently;

LINE.JPG.00b07366086435e2a8005473c228eea5.JPG

On 6/21/2018 at 5:36 PM, KittenKong said:

Not if you get the right tariff. I pay 2675B for an entire year of 4Mbs 4G. It is technically unlimited but it does come with a very vague FUP that may or may not be applied depending on how you use it. Certainly my 4Mbs has never been throttled, but I dont use it every day.

How are you finding it? i presumme its the ais mararthon package? sppeds ok for youtbe etc?

I chose the Line mobile unlimited package - 749 + VAT. Ok for youtube etc, buffers on Kodi/cricfree. Speed depends of course on time of day. Varies from 2 Mbps to 7 Mbps. I live in the boonies so I guess speed would be better in cities.

How are you finding it? i presumme its the ais mararthon package? sppeds ok for youtbe etc?

Mine is a True package. It's not shown on their website but is easily available if you go to a True shop. You have to have a new SIM card, which makes it ideal for use in a mini-router. Speed is fine for streaming TV from Europe.

Hotspots based on your mobile tariff are usually much more expensive than a dedicated home based broadband/wifi system.  Hotspot systems are really designed for temporary use where you cannot access a local free wifi on your laptop.

Not necessarily, i use the AIS unlimited 4mbps around 470 baht, fine for streaming, movies, Youtube. Different speeds available. Easy to use as a hotspot, for me its more reliable than my guesthouse wifi

On 6/29/2018 at 6:19 AM, DickThrust said:

I chose the Line mobile unlimited package - 749 + VAT. Ok for youtube etc, buffers on Kodi/cricfree. Speed depends of course on time of day. Varies from 2 Mbps to 7 Mbps. I live in the boonies so I guess speed would be better in cities.

Usually worth checking which network offers the best speeds before committing to a longer term package.

For instance, if AIS offers higher speeds in your location, they have a unlimited data at 10 Mbps package for less than you are paying now.

Archived