Pattaya Weather

tooshman

I am thinking of going to Pattaya in August or September (only time I can get off this year). I am a golf junkie and a beach nut but I am not sure if I can still play golf then or enjoy the beach much because that is the height (I am told) of the rainy season there. Is the rain so bad then that you cannot play golf? Does it rain everyday and all day or just a couple of hours each day? I have heard conflicting information about it. Perhaps some of you golfers or outdoors types can help me. Thanks.

You can play golf year round in Pattaya. I have been rained out three times in 25 years so that isn't too bad. Each time it was a virtual flood. Usually you sit at a drink stand and drink Heineken until the storm passes over, then begin play again. I normally play early in the day and there is less chance of rain then, as the afternoons can sometimes get a little damp.

For your information, Pattaya has some 20 golf courses within easy reach of the city. There are courses designed by such luminaries as..Nicklaus, Faldo, Norman, Peter Thomson, Pete Dye, David Graham, Gary Player and Robert Trent Jones.

Go, my son, you will enjoy your golf.