Queuing system via smart phone set to make immigration matters in Chonburi easier

Jonathan Fairfield

Queuing system via smart phone set to make immigration matters in Chonburi easier

i1.jpg

The head of Chonburi immigration has said that his new state of the art queuing system is an innovation that will make life easier for those extending visas in Pattaya and the rest of the province.

Heralding the Thailand 4.0 era the system is called Chonburi Immigration on Mobile: Imm-Q on Mobile, which is available on Android and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.

So long as your documents are in order just scan the QR code and the system will do the rest - your date is set to get that all important extension. 

Pol Col Songprot Sirisukha said it was part of PM Prayut's dream of a value based economy with the public in mind at all times. 

Set to start on June 25th it will be possible to get your date with immigration for the following categories:

1. Tourism purposes

2. Study in government institutions

3. Study in private institutions

4. Being Family member of Thai (Thai husband)

5. Being Family member of Thai (Support Thai wife)

6. Being Family member of Thai (Support Thai child)

7. Retirement 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-22

Photos: WelovePattaya

i2.jpg
i4.jpg
i4.jpg
i5.jpg

i3.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I did my extension last year it took me around 30 minutes the first day, and about 5 minutes the next day to collect it. So I dont see how this app is going to save me much time on that.

Nice idea to avoid all those photocopies though. That's what the app document/photo permissions are about, I suspect. The location permission also seems reasonable.

Its great to see officials are looking to simplify things, the problem is they never really think few steps ahead.

things like it needs to be ALWAYS updated, as smartphones software gets constant updates, optimizes for all ALL browsers and again updated as each browser always gets updated., then also secured to avoid being hacked or information stolen and finally to be monitored by a human.

That means having extra work force to receive the information on the other end and respond to it. Which then means staff would need to receive training.

If this initiative is thought out as well as all others, i am afraid it would be another waste of time, just like 90 day reporting, which does not function for half of the time and other times no response is received at all

people are being profiled, every invite to a mobile app usually has some sinister motive, everyone sort of goes - oh well that is good, but the average person doesn't really know what ….. saying yes means

we have finger print - facial recognition - apps that need to access your personal stuff on you phone and most people have no clue what they are agreeing too

If your government said we - we are going to fingerprint everyone and take a picture of your face ……. would you agree to that, people need to be aware of what is going on as regards to privacy, your face - your fingerprints, oh yeah cool I can open my phone with my finger print, you have forever given that away, and I might add - that everyone thinks Cloud storage of your personal data is someone doing you a favor, it is definitely not, if you think your stuff is private...……….it isn't

I worked in IT and I am fighting losing battle to keep stuff I want private to remain private, cloud storage lol - the first thing I disable...……..…...but no matter how I try it is probably not disabled, we had focus on facebook  for a while these last few months - the problem is that the people who are asking questions - the government bodies that are looking into this stuff are so far behind that they really have no clue

Try logging into facebook with cookies disabled in your browser, you can't, cookies (sounds nice, those nice little cookies)  are the greatest invasion of your privacy that you will ever not understand, if I said that everything you do....every website you visit ….is being recorded - yes that button push that you think is private ….. it is not, and lets take that a step further, your mobile device, take a long hard look at what you install and what permissions (your mobile device (smartphone) is not private, google - facebook are recording everything you do, if a government was to do it you would be extremely angry yet it is ok for these companies to do it because most people don't understand what is going on and governments have no clue either because they have been taken over by technology that they don't understand or can legislate for

Go ahead and wonder why an app wants permission to look at you contacts - phone calls - location - internet etc

I refuse to let them near my phone, if I see an application that wants all this stuff then it gets a very big middle finger

Not saying that this immigration app is doing that as I have never looked at it - my guess is that it will be looking for a lot more than making an appointment

If this information was already on a computer system from previous applications,ha ha,and they could link to that it may be viable but for the likes of an extension of stay ,retirement, you would have to upload a couple of dozen or more copies of whatever. Somebody at the other end would have to check the uploaded documents, respond when incorrect etc, then eventually make an appointment plus all the other things that can go wrong.

An admirable idea but very difficult in practice. A few test runs with selected applicants may have been a better way before the app was put on general release?

13 hours ago, amexpat said:

Bring it on!  90 days online works great for me. 

That may be true if you entered the country recently. But instead of updating the database the immigration recommends to leave the country and return as a workaround for their bugs. ?

There are a couple of key phrases in the OP, "queuing system" and "So long as your documents are in order"

I suspect this will be no more than a "dont need to take a paper ticket" when you arrive at immigration.

It appears to be nothing more than an appointment app and probably wont put you in front of the people who already took a paper ticket when the arrived.

15 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Just try it, they want access to almost everything, location, photo's, documents just name it... I uninstalled it already.

Is that why there isn’t an IOS App!?

Apple will not permit access to any of the above without the explicit user approval.

Just love a "positive" thinker....don't u ?
Ok then I'm quite positive that it wont work very well [emoji1] ....look at the very very long thread for the (simple) online 90 day report for past track record...this new app seems to be multiple times more complex.

4 minutes ago, kannot said:

stuff   em , im going in  to give them as  much paperwork as i  possibly  can??

Reality is, you will probably now have to provide a photocopy showing proof the app is on your phone.

19 minutes ago, richsilver said:

It is my understanding that the clients of Thai Immigration are strickly foreigners.  So why would the app and the instructions shown in the photos be in Thai?  Am I missing something here?

Silly question , so that immigration officers can follow it ???

The instructions and the User Terms and Conditions are in English.

I just downloaded it on the Oppo and installed it.
When you open it it asks permission to access photos, media and files on your device (nothing naughty on my phone so no problem).

Then it asks permission to access this device's location (they know where I am already and I'm not hiding so again, no problem).

Then it asks permission to take pictures and video - wait - WHAT ? I'm not an expert on apps but it seems to me that giving that permission would allow them to take pics (and/or video) any time they want, for any reason.
If you select "Deny" it tells you that you must Allow all permissions to continue. You are then left at the User Terms and Conditions page. 

I can't see anywhere where they mention any kind of limit to what they can access (i.e. social media pages, especially if you are auto-logged in) or any limitation to how they can use the camera.

Uninstalled App. 

16 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Just try it, they want access to almost everything, location, photo's, documents just name it... I uninstalled it already.

Same here. Soon they'll want to know when I empty my bowel!

Archived