Louis Vuitton scarf in London lands PM in the soup

rooster59

Just now, Dukeleto said:

Well to be fair that temperature is sub zero for Thais!

Yes ? & I'm sure like me you thought he looked very smart, this could be the new look for revolutionary generals, there will be stickers on trucks soon, they will be replacing the timeless Che Guerva stickers admitting they never new who the hell he was anyway :shock1:

Wonder why he wasn't wearing his military uniform? or one of the many, many he has ?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that big a deal.It doesn't raise corruption issues since the cost was relatively low.

What it does indicate however is the astonishing vulgarity of the man, and to be fair the Thai upper middle class generally who confuse brand with good taste.

Would a Chinese,Japanese or Singaporean senior military man flaunt Louis Vuitton  - the notorious go to label of the socially insecure.

The man is earning billions from this franchise he is operating, called Thailandia. Why is anyone surprised when he wears a $200 scarf? Prawit has a $1million of more in watches. They probably all have overseas villas. And bank accounts in multiple countries. Where is all of this naivety coming from? Does anyone for a moment think these guys are not profiting immensely?

6 minutes ago, jayboy said:

It's not that big a deal.It doesn't raise corruption issues since the cost was relatively low.

What it does indicate however is the astonishing vulgarity of the man, and to be fair the Thai upper middle class generally who confuse brand with good taste.

Would a Chinese,Japanese or Singaporean senior military man flaunt Louis Vuitton  - the notorious go to label of the socially insecure.

Maybe Kim was seen in an LV scarf and Prayut took his cue from said Korean dictator.

6 minutes ago, jayboy said:

You'd think an OTOP pha kao ma would have been more appropriate.  Showing off it's advantages as a hat, scarf, towel or loincloth.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

Nice scarf.

It would go well with a pair of Burberry wellies if it rains...

Concrete  wellies  would be more apt, he can check out the new sub on the way down to

Just now, eggers said:

So, what!! Haven't people got anything better to do, than crap-on about what PM Prayut wears!! 

We don't really care about the fashion accessories that PM Prayut wears. We just like to comment about it to annoy the crap out of you.

Prayut yesterday left London for France where he met with Airbus executive Guillaume Faury in Toulouse before witnessing a signing an agreement between Airbus and Thai Airways to set up a maintenance, repairs and overhaul centre in Thailand.

I fly with Thai Airways Airbus,  So this is telling me that there is no maintenance service in Bangkok for the new Airbus..........  ☹️

While I have no real interest in Thai politics since I am not a citizen I do find Prayute to be one hell of a lying bastard.   He would not know the truth if it jumped on  his back and bit him on the neck.

Would be so funny if it turns out to be a fake - arrested under IP law put in jail - not released on bail, then done for fraud by saying the real thing and claiming the VAT back! 

<deleted>

even funnier if he claims it was a gift - doesn't anything over 3000 baht have to be declared to AMLO? 

2 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

“I just wore it but was not aware of the brand. I don’t know what’s the brand but it’s not so expensive,” he said.

Prayuth went on to explain it is actually a 150 THB knock-off from Patpong.

Where he spends many an evening. 

49 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

Would be so funny if it turns out to be a fake - arrested under IP law put in jail - not released on bail, then done for fraud by saying the real thing and claiming the VAT back! 

<deleted>

even funnier if he claims it was a gift - doesn't anything over 3000 baht have to be declared to AMLO? 

This bunch only declares after getting caught.

3 hours ago, neeray said:

You know when I go walking at 5 in the Park sometimes there are Thai there wearing Jackets to keep them warm. It's 29c at 5 in the morning. Thais def love the hot weather. I sit in the lounge at home and it would be 40 c outside and I am sweating. The wife meanwhile looks comfortable and not sweating. So on goes the air con and a few cold beers to calm me down lol lol

Archived