Louis Vuitton scarf in London lands PM in the soup

rooster59

Who says it belongs to him? He borrowed it from friends. Prime Minister & Deputy Prime Minister don't ever need to buy anything expensive, they have a lot of friends to lend it to them.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an idle muse really, (and I do like my idle muses), but if he wore it wrapped around his neck, with the ends across his chest, under his body warmer, then 1) no one would see or criticize the logo, 2) the ends wouldn't dangle in the soup!

As I said just an idle muse...

8 hours ago, metisdead said:

Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed:

Some other troll posts and replies were removed as well. 

Some more posts and replies in violation of the above have been removed. 

A small infraction perhaps, but it is indicative of the PM's behavior of saying or representing one thing and doing something entirely different. He knew how much that scarf cost and was very happy to get a chance to wear it as he strut like a peacock while away from Thailand.

7 hours ago, tonboy said:

That is the most sensible thing I heard today.

Prayut is not perfect, nobody is, but i think most of us would like to be able to buy a scarf like this if only they had the money (I would and in fact, I have). Prayut has a very responsable job, and this comes with a appropriate salary. So stop talking nonsense, and concentrate on the big picture. He is trying to convert a "lost" world country into a better place for all people. Compair the situation in Thailand of that in Europe or USA. Thailand is not so bad, isn't it ? If you not agree, please leave. 

Totally agree with you. Buying 3 submarines is a good start to convert "lost" country into a better place.

I am sure most of Thai people will benefit from 3 subs floating around Thailand protecting it from evil pirates.

4 hours ago, soistalker said:

Does the wife seem friendly with the neighbourhood men? I heard that was a thing in England for Thai wives.

Question? What are u suggesting? Are u suggesting my wife is a slut? If u are then that was uncalled for. If you read careful mate and I will type slow for you I was suggesting that she is at home in the hot weather when I suffer in hot weather What the bloody hell has England got to do with this We live in Thailand fool

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

42bf1cdb54d7d49dac875e41b5700b02.jpeg

Prayut strolls in London wearing an LV popular scarf.

Look at that picture, a prime example of, do you know who i am.

“I just wore it but was not aware of the brand. I don’t know what’s the brand but it’s not so expensive,” he said.

He was not aware of the brand? He must have forgotten that recently a louis vuitton monk was extradited to Thailand. Nah?

And not so expensive? And this guy calls himself in touch with the Thai people, while paying and average 3 day wages for a scarf?

“The next time I will wear Pha Khao Ma [a traditional loincloth],” he said.

Sure, the bank robber also said, next time i don't do it again, but that didn't keep him out of jail.

3 hours ago, JAG said:

Just an idle muse really, (and I do like my idle muses), but if he wore it wrapped around his neck, with the ends across his chest, under his body warmer, then 1) no one would see or criticize the logo, 2) the ends wouldn't dangle in the soup!

As I said just an idle muse...

Much like long sleeves for his boss.

Somehow, I don't really think he was wearing it to keep out the cold, or that he had really no idea what the brand was.

He is trying to be seen as hip, strutting around London - in yer face shins look at me I'm the boss now and I can splash it too.

You could find more maturity in a school playground.

They are also notably the worst dressed bunch of clowns representing a Country I have ever seen.

The bunch below look better (mr p on the right)

article-1360391-0D58DC22000005DC-298_308x185.jpg

12 hours ago, BigC said:

question is how much is Thereasa May’s neckless she wears round her neck worth

Her husband is a relationship manager for Capital International, he was previously a fund manager for Deutsche Asset Management and Barclays among others. They are not short of a few quid.

1 hour ago, coulson said:

He is trying to be seen as hip, strutting around London - in yer face shins look at me I'm the boss now and I can splash it too.

With the camera angle looking up at him: Tall, swaggering, proud. In perfect control. Carefully calculated shots to make him appear the bigshot wherever he goes for the consumption of a domestic audience. 

52 minutes ago, baboon said:

With the camera angle looking up at him: Tall, swaggering, proud. In perfect control. Carefully calculated shots to make him appear the bigshot wherever he goes for the consumption of a domestic audience. 

Perhaps it was a planned effort in an attempt to look cool. His handlers told him the youth will determine the election outcome and that they like the cool look.

8 hours ago, Redback said:

"Look at me , Look at me"

Perhaps the other Thai gentleman was also under doctor's orders to bundle up (for the 26° weather) because they both have on their vests and LV scarves. Wasn't this style of dress called "preppy" about 20 years ago?

Whatever, it looks a bit fruitcake to me. No disrespect meant to the PM.

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Look at that picture, a prime example of, do you know who i am.

He was not aware of the brand? He must have forgotten that recently a louis vuitton monk was extradited to Thailand. Nah?

And not so expensive? And this guy calls himself in touch with the Thai people, while paying and average 3 day wages for a scarf?

Sure, the bank robber also said, next time i don't do it again, but that didn't keep him out of jail.

Anyway, apart from the scarf I am sure he is having a great holiday in Europe on Taxpayers expense with his 500 hangers-on. Just another inquiry The clowns all 13 of them who went to get the monk in Germany did they ever get him or are they still having a holiday in Germany?

5 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Her husband is a relationship manager for Capital International, he was previously a fund manager for Deutsche Asset Management and Barclays among others. They are not short of a few quid.

A bit like the Aussie PM He is a millionaire and he still accepted a 2% pay rise last week after telling Australian workers they must tighten their belts and not get a pay rise. He is nearly the highest paid PM in the world  after Singapore and the Thailand Pm because the Thailand Pm gets huge bonuses which are not counted in his wage (wink wink)

It's a scarf man. Get over it.
Trumps daughter and son in law have just declared their income for the first year of dons rule...almost 90m not to mention patents and trademarks granted all over the world. It's all a disgrace.
Maybe if ivanka was thai you would have more to say.
Speakman was one of a very very small exalted group
Comparing an ordinary ' grunt ' with a career politician/soldier is michievous to say the least.
Prayut like most politicians EVERYWHERE in the world has shortcomings...even good old back home where everything is perfect
At least back home I am free to speak my mind

Sent from my Pixel XL using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That is the most sensible thing I heard today.

Prayut is not perfect, nobody is, but i think most of us would like to be able to buy a scarf like this if only they had the money (I would and in fact, I have). Prayut has a very responsable job, and this comes with a appropriate salary. So stop talking nonsense, and concentrate on the big picture. He is trying to convert a "lost" world country into a better place for all people. Compair the situation in Thailand of that in Europe or USA. Thailand is not so bad, isn't it ? If you not agree, please leave. 

It's that kind of statement that gives me 2nd thoughts about retiring to Thailand to be with my Thai wife

Sent from my Pixel XL using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:13 AM, tracker1 said:

Some commentators were sarcastic, saying the scarf, which displayed the distinctive LV logo and reportedly cost more than Bt20,000, was ‘nice’ but perhaps he had borrowed it from a friend. Now deceased !

or a knock-off from his local walking street market.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, BigC said:

Sorry but this is a bit silly

20,000 Baht for a diplomat scarf is far from 20 million baht watches 

plus makes me laugh about Yingluck not inviting Him as he wants to out her in prison lol

also 26 degrees is cold for a Thai

my aircon goes up to 25 degrees 

i am sure if he was on a

solifer mission he wouldn’t need a scarf but diplomats when meeting prime

ministers round the world domabe to dress appropriately to take things seriously 

question is how much is Thereasa May’s neckless she wears round her neck worth 

5AAE6519-CA96-42F4-B8FB-086147E4346A.jpeg

"question is how much is Thereasa May’s neckless she wears round her neck worth "

Maybe a couple quid at Marks and Sparks.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:44 AM, Happyman58 said:

You know when I go walking at 5 in the Park sometimes there are Thai there wearing Jackets to keep them warm. It's 29c at 5 in the morning. Thais def love the hot weather. 

That's sun protection, mate. The locals prefer white skin so even when swimming at the beach they will be covered up from head to toe. 

Archived