BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Video: Three dead as Pajero driver who fled scene revealed as top forestry official

Too many accidents at U-Turns in LOS

why? too many u-turns

Agree,when i moved from the Uk to Australia i was told never swerve to avoid an animal [kangaroo's ect],if you hit a large one it may well wreck your car but,if you swerve and hit a gum tree usually it's curtains. I would suggest both parties bear some of the blame,if the vios driver had been looking ahead by that i mean anticipating what may happen,he may have slowed enough to avoid this ,to me it looked like he thought he could squeeze past on the inside,the guy making the u turn also should have been looking and waited. Anticipation and patience 2 things very few Thai driver's posses.

Looks like the Vios took the gamble, instead of emergency braking, of coming from the middle lane or the outside lane to the inside lane, assuming the Pajero Sport would do one of the two normal Thai things, i.e. stop three-quarters way through the U-turn or keep the wheel hard right and use the outside lane as an acceleration lane. The Pajero Sport did neither. The U-turn by the Pajero Sport is so useless and dangerous in so many ways that I suspect he had something like a phone in his hand preventing him from using two hands to turn the wheel whilst also distracting him.

As a previous poster stated, he is relatively high up in the civil service, this will just be a financial hit for him. The charges will eventually be dropped or watered down to something menial.

30,000 deaths a year on Thai roads ain't gonna stop any time soon.

1 hour ago, neeray said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I think the white Vios would have done well to attempt a 4 wheel stop as opposed to swerving and hitting a tree; there seems to have been ample time to attempt a stop. That done, maybe there would not have been a collision.

Many (many, many) moons ago my old and wise driving instructor told me "if someone pulls across in front of you, aim to head where they've come from, they won't be going back that way".

A common factor I see in this type of collision is the "victim" always ends up swerving the same way, an almost guarantee of a collision.

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Making a very wide U-turn, and didn't see the other car coming?????

Probably too busy texting or talking on his cell phone to pay attention to the road. 

Just as he was playing on his phone in the photo.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Reports yesterday said all 7 were in that car.

Clunk click?

all very sad but looking at the crash im surprised people died. RIP

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Making a very wide U-turn,

Nah... Thais need three lanes for a U-turn.... I don't understand why.....

2 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

driver2.JPG

The guy looks so nonchalant, just texting or doing something on his phone like it was no big deal......Just killed 3 people including a child and seriously injured 4, I don't know about you but I'd be horrified and remorseful. 

That nonchalance is because he knows nothing much will happen about it. And he probably thinks more about the inconvenience to himself than worrying about his victims.

First act like a scumbag by causing and fleeing the scene and now coming in with his fake Wais

3 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

driver2.JPG

The guy looks so nonchalant, just texting or doing something on his phone like it was no big deal......Just killed 3 people including a child and seriously injured 4, I don't know about you but I'd be horrified and remorseful. 

How can you possibly know or even guess what he's doing in the photo?

Does he have to spend every second of every day looking remorseful just in case someone takes a photo??

it will be a 5000 baht fine and suspended sentence. Thats what the d***head truck driver got that killed 2 of my customers and my driver. The cops told us that courts always ''feel sorry'' for the accused. What about the victims?? They will NEVER learn.

4 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Were no seat belts involved?  Doesn't look like the vios was traveling at excessive speed and I would think airbags and seatbelts would have saved everyone involved.

no need to use seat belts since no visible police checkpoints were around

3 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

driver2.JPG

Cos he doesnt give a flying <deleted>

If he is as blind as he cannot see that car coming he should not be driving