Thai parents selling their underage children into the sex trade in Lomsak

rooster59

Thai parents selling their underage children into the sex trade in Lomsak

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GTL6t2JMURCXJetv3O.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

A raid on a prominent karaoke parlor in Lomsak in Petchabun province in Thailand's north east has revealed human trafficking and slavery.

And the girls themselves have spoken of not wanting to go home because their parents have sold them into the sex trade.

Officials from the Department of Provincial Administration raided the "Ice Sa" karaoke next to Lotus.

There were eight girls selling sex - two were aged 17. 

The raid followed investigations by the LIFT International NGO.

LIFT had been monitoring the activities of the owner over several months.

Now it has emerged that the girls were kept under lock and key and only allowed out for sex.

The owner kept 500 baht each time and gave the girls 1,000 baht to pay off debts.

Victims told Thai Rath that they did not want to go home to parents because their own folks had sold them into the business. 

The owner who was not named faces charges of human trafficking, operating a sex business and not having a license.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-23

isaan3.JPG

isaan.JPG

isaan2.JPG

19 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The owner who was not named faces charges of human trafficking, operating a sex business and not having a license.

Now how about knocking on the doors of the parents who sold their kids and throwing them in jail too?

12 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

For real???  

The owner should be named and his/her face should be on front page!

Faces charges for human trafficking and operating a sex business for not having a license??? 

So if he/she had a license they wouldn't have been charged???  

I didn't know you could get a license for human trafficking and to operate a sex business.......

image.jpeg.a4456dc27f243d4224d61530ac49375e.jpeg

More common than one would think,my ex wife told me she and her sister were selected by their scumbag of a father as being the two prettiest girls in the family to go and work as bar girls to earn the family [him] more money,her mother tried to intervene but the scumbag beat her badly.

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

More common than one would think,my ex wife told me she and her sister were selected by their scumbag of a father as being the two prettiest girls in the family to go and work as bar girls to earn the family [him] more money,her mother tried to intervene but the scumbag beat her badly.

Go and give this scum a kick in.

Sadly all too common. In many cases when the Mother gets too old for 'the game' she puts the Daughter into it as early as possible as the revenue must be replaced.  Sex still supports a large proportion of families in the Boonies as growing rice doesn't hack it !

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Now tell me this practice is very uncommon in Thailand and was unknown here before foreigners introduced them to the trade.

As is common knowledge in Thailand, (and most of Asia), parents have been selling daughters to the sex trade for decades.....long before Westerners enjoyed Thailand...sad of course!

Foreigners rarely go to karaoke bars (well, maybe Western foreigners). Can't pin this one on farangs, which does make it newsworthy.

Some in this culture see children as an asset to be used, not like Western cultures in general

Let's not be quick to believe everything we read.

I believe the underlying problem here is the unofficial government and the corrupt police force here.

The government gives very little support to the young, all the way to the old, older Thai's receive 600-700 a month on a pension, strictly speaking for those fortunate enough to survive on it.

From what I see, most don't have enough to eat or make a living, rice is like what, 15 baht a kilo if sold, so most keep it to have enough to eat, rubber is barely nothing @ 15-17 baht, little work opportunities for young or old, etc etc, and the young have zero prospects unless they have a degree, and now with the new rules, less places in Universities, the kids will have to bride their way in as two I know did, i.e. 30,000 baht each, money borrowed of course and not the subjects that they wanted, go figure !!!

Most who don't make it to Uni turn to the sex industry, yes I have heard some folk have sold off their kids, reported by the media of course, but most I know in Isaan go willingly because a sister, cousin, or a friend have been and made money, and they usually go to the same place they work or worked.

They will do it to support their parents, kids etc etc as the usual Thai husbands split, or gambles or don't work, or are alcoholics, that said most of the girls will be hopeful of landing an ATM to give them some hope for the future, however unfortunately a lot of ATM disappear after the parents start to milk or try to milk them through their daughter/s thinking these ATM's  are full.

The smarter and prettier ones get snapped up within the 1st year and learn the trade real quick, i.e. get the customer drunk and you won't have to bang bang, and he will still have to pay you, or if he ugly, old, fat, bold or whatever, sorry have period, but extract 10 drinks out of him before you knock him back, good on them, if your dumb enough, you deserved it.

Anyways that's my take on it, and although the girls say they were sold by their parents, well, I would say the % would be very very low, more so they would say that so the girls can be let off and avoid being prosecuted, let's not forget how many of these places are owned by the police, I kid you not. 

As for the low % of parents that do sell them off, must be painful, very painful, out of sheer desperation, personally, I would rather starve to death, although I know a lot of girls go willingly and don't tell their parents that they are spreading the love, so to speak, but say they are working in a shopping centre, but the parents know, or most do, but won't say anything, because the girls are expected to give life back to the parents in their old age.

Goes to how many mates do we know who met their Thai g/f's wives in a shopping centre, yep another shopping cente romance...lol

What a circle when compared to the western one.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Now how about knocking on the doors of the parents who sold their kids and throwing them in jail too?

That is, if they actually sold them, do we believe everything we are told, do the police run Karaoke bars, hmmm, did the girls go willingly and are just using that as an excuse so they are not put in jail ?

Have a read of my post above.

9 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Sad indeed. That is what poverty does to human nature. Awful Throw the owner into a cell full of rapists and serial killers

Plus the cops and the rest, all the way to the top...

5 hours ago, poanoi said:

well, how much does the parents get paid per slave ?

and how many years is the contract on ?

In the past it was often a one-off cash payment to the parents from the bar owner. The girl was then 'indentured' to the bar until the 'loan' was paid off. It wasn't always time-related.

As it took quite a while to pay off, most of the girls became used to working in a bar environment and tended to stay after the money was cleared.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Goes to how many mates do we know who met their Thai g/f's wives in a shopping centre, yep another shopping cente romance...lol

Mine worked on the information counter of a department store in Bangkok. Married her 14 days after meeting her and we're still married after 27 years.

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Sadly all too common. In many cases when the Mother gets too old for 'the game' she puts the Daughter into it as early as possible as the revenue must be replaced.  Sex still supports a large proportion of families in the Boonies as growing rice doesn't hack it !

Cheapest life is human

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

i dont agree with it but if it was not for the ease of sex here, there would be no farangs here. we all come for the sex originally.

''we all come for the sex originally.''.....speak for yourself.

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

now now, there might be a few "special" people amongst that lot. 

Archived