Three year old boy in coma after falling from third floor at Rayong school

rooster59

Three year old boy in coma after falling from third floor at Rayong school

news17.jpg

Image: Sanook

A three year old boy is in hospital in a coma after he fell from the third floor of a school building in Tha Pradu sub-district, Muang district Rayong yesterday afternoon. 

Rayong police were quickly on the scene with rescue services and found the boy still breathing but with a fractured skull lying in a pool of blood.

The boy did not go to the school. He had been taken there by his nanny who was picking up his elder brother.

The boy was running with two other friends and the nanny did not think there was any danger.

Doctors at Sri Rayong hospital said he was still in a coma. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-23

Boy, 3, dies after school building fall

By The Nation

A three-year-old boy was fatally injured when he fell from the third floor of a school building, where he and a babysitter were waiting for his elder brother on Friday evening.

Police said Thanakorn Chanphum died later at Rayong provincial hospital following the accident at a school in Tambon Tha Pradu in Rayong’s Muang district.

The babysitter took her eyes off the boy when she saw he was playing with three friends in the school compound. But then she heard a cry from the third floor and looked up to see the boy falling down. He landed on the second-floor balcony before falling to the ground.

The boy suffered severe head injuries and was rushed to the Bangkok Hospital Rayong before being forwarded to the provincial hospital where he later died.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30348452

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-23

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Nanny did not think there was any danger !!

Some nanny, brain dead, probably to busy on her smart phone.

Hope the little fella pulls  through, we are all rooting for you little1.

Eric claptons toddler son died after falling from a balcony.

Should we demonise him.

My heart goes out to everyone involved especially the nanny.  To have to carry that guilt that you let him play with his friends and this happened.  Chances are this was not the first time they had been there.  My question though is that most schools have a railing that would prevent this unless they were climbing over it?  Did this one not have anything

Expat....

if you can prove negligence and fault with Eric's son fall then yes....

why did did you even raise another case which one knows nothing of the circumstances?

another apologist for stupidity and irresponsibilty...

she islooking up from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor on supervision of a 3 year old? Only responds after hearing crying? Too busy on her dumb phone?

lindberg's kid died in a negligent way from the 2nd floor window and the responsible party got death (and carried out)...why shouldn't she?

That's all you need to know...

People who make critical and offensive comments about Thais based on the incomplete information in a newspaper article are only displaying their own moronic nature. They are an embarrassment to all foreigners in the country.

They should wait to pass judgement until all the information is available after a proper investigation.

For want of a detailed report, folks make rash and unsubstantiated comments. Playing with friends on the 3rd floor? Give full attention to activities of a 3  yr old or put on leash. Sorry for parent's loss and sitters grief.

iron.....which comment actually is criticizing Thais? Being critical of the lack of proper child supervision...it is doesn't matter what nationality the nanny is....matter of fact it doesn't say and it doesn't matter...

when do you ever have complete information in any scenario? To allow one to criticize? Thinking like that promotes a lack of accountability?

so I guess you are saying the parents shouldn't be upset w/ the nanny b/c more information is needed?

one can only work with what is said...it said she took her eyes off the child b/c she was playing with other 3-4 years on the 3rd floor when she is sitting on the first floor...

CYA - I thought another nanny or teacher was with them would have been a better answer had she been smart enough to make up a reactionary response....

"I took my eyes off" is never a good thing to say unless you want to admit guilt w/o thinking what you're actually saying/telling someone...

100% negligent and based on the article made a confession with her answers....

cheer up parents....we're still working with incomplete information...

hope it goes to trail in the name of accountability vs accidents do happen like playing next to  the waterfall excuse....

4 hours ago, ironbark said:

People who make critical and offensive comments about Thais based on the incomplete information in a newspaper article are only displaying their own moronic nature. They are an embarrassment to all foreigners in the country.

They should wait to pass judgement until all the information is available after a proper investigation.

She was looking up from the 1st floor! A 3 year old CANNOT be left alone further than a few meters, let alone on another floor. Period!

If you don't understand this basic info, you probably either don't have kids and/or totally don't know anything about kids.

What more info do you need to make a judgement??? That's all you need to know and based on this you can easily say that the nanny did not do her job.

Whether she's Thai or not doesn't matter. Any nanny which not stays within a few meter of a 3 year old is not fit for this job.

Whether she was playing with her phone is speculating, but if I were to put money on this I probably would win.

18 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

iron.....which comment actually is criticizing Thais? Being critical of the lack of proper child supervision...it is doesn't matter what nationality the nanny is....matter of fact it doesn't say and it doesn't matter...

when do you ever have complete information in any scenario? To allow one to criticize? Thinking like that promotes a lack of accountability?

so I guess you are saying the parents shouldn't be upset w/ the nanny b/c more information is needed?

one can only work with what is said...it said she took her eyes off the child b/c she was playing with other 3-4 years on the 3rd floor when she is sitting on the first floor...

CYA - I thought another nanny or teacher was with them would have been a better answer had she been smart enough to make up a reactionary response....

"I took my eyes off" is never a good thing to say unless you want to admit guilt w/o thinking what you're actually saying/telling someone...

100% negligent and based on the article made a confession with her answers....

cheer up parents....we're still working with incomplete information...

hope it goes to trail in the name of accountability vs accidents do happen like playing next to  the waterfall excuse....

Who is the "we are still working "with incomplete information...... is that a royal we to infer that the forum is a working party.   But they/we are not working we are just guessing and a probably have no idea because as you correctly wrote incomplete information. But the TV lawyers have never been slow in Judgment

Archived