Sample bank letter for Retirement visa

Hi Guys,

My uncle is going to convert from Non-B extension to Non-O retirement extension. Can someone let me know the process to do so and also if anybody has a sample bank letter or whom to address it to produce to immigration?

Thanks a lot in advance

He will need a termination letter from his employer stating the last day he will be working that will needed for immigration to cancel his current extension so that he can apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement. He will need to do  it on or before the date on the termination letter.

The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date he applies for the extension.

Most banks have a template for the letter addressed to immigration. He will need the letter and copies of his updated bank book.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I'm guessing he will also have to complete a TM.86 form "Application For Change of Visa" ?
TM.86 - Change Visa Application.doc )

Not needed or possible. The change of visa status can only be done from a tourist visa entry to a non immigrant visa.

He already has a non immigrant visa entry which is the only thing needed to apply for an extension based upon retirement.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not needed or possible. The change of visa status can only be done from a tourist visa entry to a non immigrant visa.

He already has a non immigrant visa entry which is the only thing needed to apply for an extension based upon retirement.

Ah OK - I thought it applied to any change of visa. Couldn't find anything to suggest otherwise on the MFA site (not in English at least).

So he's just switching from a Non-Imm B to a Non-Imm O(A). (I thought it was more complicated than that.)

I have a friend that is going to switch from a SETV to a Non-Imm O (A) soon(ish) as he will be doing a lot of 1 in/1 out rotations and doesn't want any hassles which is why I looked up the TM.86 form. 

35 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

So he's just switching from a Non-Imm B to a Non-Imm O(A). (I thought it was more complicated than that.)

He is not changing any visa category. He will only be changing the reason for his extension of stay from working to retirement.

I used a bank statement from a foreign bank that was stamped, dated and signed to show my overseas funds.

I only had about 400k in Thailand. I also showed an income of greater than 65,000 baht per month as well.

You can either have 800k in a bank or an income of more than 65k or a mixture of both.

I did apply in my own country before I came to Thailand and have a multiple entry O-A visa.

Once you're settled get a local drivers licence. The police really favour you if you show them one.

Also I rarely need my passport for anything when I use the local licence for ID.

Opening bank accounts needs the passport still.

My next item is a local credit card which should be waiting when I get back to Thailand.

• Thanks 1

His bank has the form to submit to Immigration.  They'll fill it out and give it to you to take to immigration.  Make sure they also update you passbook and the letter and passbook balances match.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

He will need a termination letter from his employer stating the last day he will be working that will needed for immigration to cancel his current extension so that he can apply for the extension of stay based upon retirement. He will need to do  it on or before the date on the termination letter.

The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date he applies for the extension.

Most banks have a template for the letter addressed to immigration. He will need the letter and copies of his updated bank book.

Is it 2 months or 3 months  money in the bank .

4 minutes ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Is it 2 months or 3 months  money in the bank .

It will be 3 months since it will not be his first extension of stay. The 60 days for the first extension is only for the an extension of a 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

20 minutes ago, connda said:

His bank has the form to submit to Immigration.  They'll fill it out and give it to you to take to immigration.  Make sure they also update you passbook and the letter and passbook balances match.

In CW the passbook has to be updated on the day of the application whereas the bank letter balance can be from a few days, a week? before. In the case of my TMB account I cannot update the book without making a transaction in the bank, so I have to do this after 8.30 am before joining the immigration queues. This also means that the letter balance does not exactly match the passbook balance, but this is overlooked as long as both are above 800,000 THB. Just be careful not to stupidly withdraw too much to take the passbook balance below 800,000 THB.

2 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

In CW the passbook has to be updated on the day of the application whereas the bank letter balance can be from a few days, a week? before.

Chaeng Wattana immigration wants the bank letter to be done on the same day you apply for the extension but will accept one from the day before.

Bangkok Bank letter from 2016.

Looks very basic nowadays, printed from the computer on the push of the button.

The centered line in bold under the header designates the nature/type of the letter.

Every banker should know what you want from that.

Compared to the past it does not even have a specific addressee ("attention").

bangkokbankletter2016.jpg

Title (type of) document in Thai:

accountconfirmation.jpg

"Certificate of Deposit"

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...