Thailand welcomes 16.4 million foreigners so far this year

rooster59

5 minutes ago, mok199 said:

mabey its the pollution, I know our family in pattaya have all become mall rats .the dust the tour buses churn up and the diesel they belch out ..its almost impossible to sit near the beach..

Go to a beach that's not accessible by car. 99% of Thais and Chinese can't be arsed to move more than 150m from their chariots.

19 hours ago, Happy enough said:

top three included india. well whenever we go away for the weekend we stay in some pretty nice resorts and hotels. i don't ever remember seeing any indians. sure they're tourists?

You won't find Indians in nice hotels and resorts anyway, you  need to got Pattaya, millions of em there, wandering around spending nothing. 

6 minutes ago, trigpoint said:

You won't find Indians in nice hotels and resorts anyway, you  need to got Pattaya, millions of em there, wandering around spending nothing. 

think i'll give patts a miss mate. can read about it on here 5555

On 6/24/2018 at 6:38 PM, connda said:

Welcome to Merry 'Ol Thailand -- have a token of appreciation from your friendly hosts, tuk tuk drivers, karaoke bar bill padders, testosterone ladened ladyboys, Walking Street troublemakers, Jet Ski Operators, yaba addled taxi drivers, overly aggressive hi-sos in luxury cars, etc, etc, etc.....not to mention other drunk-and-disorderly quality tourists - enjoy your stay!!!

Well that's your weekend taken care of apparently.

8 hours ago, Happy enough said:

think i'll give patts a miss mate. can read about it on here 5555

I'll be there Thursday with the wife.  Stay in the Jomtien condo for a few days. Walking street Hot Tuna bar..... Great Deep Purple renditions.... We love it ( well I do)  and the scuttle back to deepest Isaan a couple of days later. 

Recommend. 

8 hours ago, trigpoint said:

Not 100% true

They do some times get one girl and split the cost between 5 of them. :shock1:

On 6/24/2018 at 6:58 PM, faraday said:

We went for a short break to Phuket this last week.

I saw very few tourists, town centre seemed like an early Sunday morning.

You were probably in a part where the Westeners used to be. Now chased away by the Chinese. Not sure how bad it is in Phuket, though, Pattaya is pretty much fully invaded. None of the folks that I know that used to come here regularly for years are coming again. They looked elsewhere.

3 hours ago, trigpoint said:

Not 100% true

They do some times get one girl and split the cost between 5 of them. :shock1:

3 hours ago, trigpoint said:

And buy a bottle of water with 5 straws, these Indians know how to party. 

5 straws, cheeky sods, they just dont care about the enviroment, do they.

Pesky Foriginers. :smile:

Ps, Just love the title of this thread.

Thailand welcomes 16.4 million foreigners so far this year

Should have gone the full hog,  and called them Alines. 

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

You were probably in a part where the Westeners used to be. Now chased away by the Chinese. Not sure how bad it is in Phuket, though, Pattaya is pretty much fully invaded. None of the folks that I know that used to come here regularly for years are coming again. They looked elsewhere.

Didn't see many Chinas also, we were in the centre, where there are normally hordes of 'em.

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

All quality tourists from quality countries.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:44 PM, DrTuner said:

The white man has apparently been replaced by cheapo tours from countries closer by. Enjoy your "quality tourists".

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, Happy enough said:

top three included india. well whenever we go away for the weekend we stay in some pretty nice resorts and hotels. i don't ever remember seeing any indians. sure they're tourists?

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

All quality tourists from quality countries.

The worlds "quality tourists " redefined.

I guest reading the majority of the posts in the TVF one can decide on "quality"

27 minutes ago, ravip said:

The worlds "quality tourists " redefined.

I guest reading the majority of the posts in the TVF one can decide on "quality"

The term was coined by Kobkarn the Destroyer of Siam I think, she's the one who opened the floodgates for zero dollar tours, only caring about the head count.

Archived