Border runs: pay extra to avoid the trip?

20 hours ago, darrendsd said:

I did it myself a few times back in the day, wouldn't dream of doing it now

I didn't give it to a visa run company, I did it through a "agent" sometimes the PP took 4-6 weeks to come back, worrying times

OP you are asking a lot of questions here on the forum about things are basically illegal, you would be advised to stop and stop thinking you can bend the rules, it can still be done if you know the right people however times have changed from what they were 10-15 years ago

You are going to  eventually end up in trouble if you continue to try and think you can break the law

"You are going to  eventually end up in trouble if you continue to try and think you can break the law".

Not really. This is Thailand. Think about it.:cheesy:

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"You are going to  eventually end up in trouble if you continue to try and think you can break the law".

Not really. This is Thailand. Think about it.:cheesy:

And you don't think that being caught with fake stamps is a issue?

It happened in Samui when I lived there, people were giving their Passports to a company who sent a driver down to the border

All was going ok until the driver decided he couldn't be bothered to drive to the border any more and thought it would be a better idea to have his own stamp made from a local shop instead

Let's just say a few people were deported

Just to add some real feedback to this topic.

I was at the Ban Phak Kat (Thai/Cambodian) crossing today and 0% of the visa runners were entering Cambodia, their passports were, allegedly, though. There were no international visitors heading in or out of Cambodia to or from Pailin that I could see at that crossing. So the only people actually crossing the border were Cambodian traders or Cambodian running passports backwards and forwards. Finger prints, indeed.

On the Thai side, everyone had to do their own stamp in and stamp out as usual with the camera.

New thing. About 1 km from the border at the first military checkpoint all visa runners had to get off and do a group photo clustered around the licence plate of the passenger van. I kid you not.