BANGKOK
daocat555

Affordable Smartphone Recomendations

14 hours ago, jvs said:

Maybe a little off topic but i was in Bangkok earlier this week and was approached by someone who had a big bag of phones.

I told her i did not need one but she started to show me some.

she handed me a Samsung s9plus and asked me how much i would be willing to pay.

To make a long story short i offered her money and she said ok.

Now i have a (copy) phone and so far ot all seems to work fine.Camera is not great but not bad for the money.

I was not going to buy it but i guess i offered too much lol.

Any ideas on this?

Download the app "CPU-Z" on Play Store. It will tell you what the true components are and how much RAM and memory it actually has.  I once bought a copy Galaxy S3.  It looked perfect but once i installed a few app's, It didn't run well at all.  Turned out to have phony Android and very little RAM or memory.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 4:29 AM, dddave said:

Download the app "CPU-Z" on Play Store. It will tell you what the true components are and how much RAM and memory it actually has.  I once bought a copy Galaxy S3.  It looked perfect but once i installed a few app's, It didn't run well at all.  Turned out to have phony Android and very little RAM or memory.

Yes, and even if the ram is true size there are different speeds. Cheaper ram could slow a system down.

The best test is to pack a phone full of apps and multitask the hell out of it for a week. This is where most cheapies will fail. But if your a light user it doesn't matter so much. Go for what looks cool to you.

Post removed.

Please do not make identical posts across topics.