BANGKOK
daocat555

Affordable Smartphone Recomendations

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

Easy to root Samsung and remove bloatware, unlike Huawei 

Maybe easy for you but i have no idea how to go about that.

Youtube is not much help either.

• Confused 1

Just now, jvs said:

Maybe easy for you but i have no idea how to go about that.

Youtube is not much help either.

If you can't follow simple instructions in a step by step tutorial then yes, rooting is probably not for you..... 

Here are three phone, I think, with great value. Along with the similarly priced (6,000 baht exactly) Leagoo S9 which I only include to show how much better the other phones are.  I took some shots with the Umidigi One Pro and I would say the camera is good, perhaps about the same as the Xiaomi.  I believe the Meizu 16X will have a super-duper camera.  It will run you a bit more than 6,000 baht; and it will be released in about 2 weeks (we think).

If a good camera is your main concern it might be worth waiting for (wait a bit longer to buy the Global version).

Interesting about the UMIDIGI phones, I had a UMI super and I loved it (sadly I "killed it").

I am now looking at the Z2Pro.

Hard choice between the Poco F1 and the Z2Pro, about same price, hmm

To the OP. Thank you very much for all of the information

you have done a great job, BUT I am totally brain dead when it come to phones computers etc. I have just about decided on buying this phone.

You thoughts please.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/xiaomi-redmi-6a-216gb-i248488041-s382665406.html?

Cheers

Jessi

On August 30'th I posted here:

I have gotten feedback from a hands on user of the Xiaomi 6A that the speaker output is indeed poor as the speaker fires out of the back of the phone.  So I am removing the Xiaomi Redmi 6A from any recommendations I make in the future.

So I do not recommend the Xiaomi Redmi 6A, which is a shame because Xiaomi seems to have gotten everything except audio output right with the 6A.  Jesse, I suggest that you start with post #1 in this topic and, I know it's arduous, read every post and you will find many alternatives.  True, not many alternatives at the price point of the 6A, but I don't think you will get a free ride with the 6A.  

My Umidigi One Pro arrived from dealextreme with a screen protector and a paper rear protector glued to the phone.  I don't like or use screen protectors so if I was keeping the phone I would take it to my local shop and have them remove it and remove the protector on the back of the phone.

The speaker output is fairly clean but it doesn't seem very loud.  Since that was a major selling point for me I am disappointed in audio output,  The wireless charger works well and is convenient.  The weight of the phone is 180 grams and with only a 3,250 mAh battery that's a bit overweight.  Build quality I would subjectively rate as below average as the edges where the glass meets the metal border feels a bit sharp when holding it.  It has no "gallery" application and to see stored pictures I need to open up the camera and access them from there.

In summary I would say that I am disappointed in this model, and can not recommend it going forward.

Meanwhile LazMall at Lazada which had the lowest Prices on the Pocophone F1 6/64 dropped its price today to 9,990 baht in black and got in the blue color for 10,990 baht.  This is an outstanding phone at great price, a price which is lower than any International seller.

If sound through headphones is important to you, take your headphones and ask to demo a Motorola phone. The Moto g has the best clarity, presence, brilliance of sound I have ever heard. I'll assume newer models will use same audio circuitry. Next I would recommend Sony.

The Chinese phones usually have pretty uninspiring headphone sound output.

I use my phone for headphone music a lot. I've stuck with Sony for awhile because of the compact models. 

My current best lists.

Best 6,000 baht phone: the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite from Lazada.

Best 10,000 baht phone: the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 from Lazada.

Best 22,000 baht phone: the Huawei P20 Pro from Lazada.

Most anticipated upcoming phones:

1) Meizu 16X
2) LG V40 ThinQ

Best phone with April 2018 release which is my current phone and I'm sticking with it:  Meizu 15

Best phone less than 3,000 baht:  Cubot Nova from aliexpress for 2,400 baht.

Phones which I hyped a lot and then subsequent reviews brought them down; Xiaomi Mi 8 SE, Umidigi One Pro, and Xiaomi Redmi 6A.

Best phone for 4,860 baht: Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 from Lazada.

Readers; did I leave out anything?

18 minutes ago, daocat555 said:
My current best lists.

Best 6,000 baht phone: the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite from Lazada.

Best 10,000 baht phone: the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 from Lazada.

Best 22,000 baht phone: the Huawei P20 Pro from Lazada.

Most anticipated upcoming phones:

1) Meizu 16X
2) LG V40 ThinQ

Best phone with April 2018 release which is my current phone and I'm sticking with it:  Meizu 15

Best phone less than 3,000 baht:  Cubot Nova from aliexpress for 2,400 baht.

Phones which I hyped a lot and then subsequent reviews brought them down; Xiaomi Mi 8 SE, Umidigi One Pro, and Xiaomi Redmi 6A.

Best phone for 4,860 baht: Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 from Lazada.

Readers; did I leave out anything?

Baddest rip off price phone?

iPhone X

• Haha 2

I left off my most anticipated upcoming phone, which is the upcoming phone I am most likely to buy; the Google Pixel 3.  This is likely to be a niche phone that will suit very few people.

I think the phone only has a slot for one SIM card.  That suits me as it seems that any SIM card can lead to Spam calls; so I prefer to just have just one, AIS, SIM card.  The phone is  likely to be expensive.  The screen-to-body ratio is not expected to be great, or even good when compared to any run of the mill Vivo or Oppo.

The phone will have two attributes, and I expect  they will be outstanding attributes.  A compact and light  form with a narrow body for my old arthritic hands to hold, and stereo speakers with loud and clear sound output for my old, hard of hearing ears to hear when in a call.

Call it my Grandpappy phone.  As the joke goes about the BMW convertible goes, you have to be a grandpappy to afford it.

On 9/4/2018 at 11:36 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

Interesting about the UMIDIGI phones, I had a UMI super and I loved it (sadly I "killed it").

I am now looking at the Z2Pro.

Hard choice between the Poco F1 and the Z2Pro, about same price, hmm

Did you try to root it ....