Second passport

geordie

Hi all, I am a British national living in Thailand.

I hold 2 valid British passports because I am working offshore. I need to renew one of my passports, does anyone know if I still need the company letter to renew my second passport again?

Thanks in advance.

Regards Geordie 

When I renewed my second UK passport about 3 years ago via VFS in Bangkok, they required the 'company letter' and they also wanted a photo copy of every page of the other UK passport. I had to do this for BOTH passport renewals that were done within a month of each other.

Point of note, if one of those passports has either a Thai visa or extension of stay in it, that is the ONLY passport that can be presented to Immigration when seeking entry to Thailand.

Thanks Nanlaew,

1 of my passports has my non o visa multi entry in it and I have 3 full pages left, passport expires 2022, my other passport expires next year and has a lot of empty pages in it, this is the one I want to renew.

I will arrive in Thailand again on the 26th next month and this will be my last entry on the visa before I go back to work again.

Ubonjoe mentioned to me to get a re entry permit for when I come back again, this is so I do not have a problem with the airlines coming in on a visa exempt without an outbound flight.

I will ask my office to give me the letter.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards Geordie 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, if you have multiple passports and want to keep them then you’ll require the company letter every time.

I actually use Darren @Key Visa (Pattaya) to do my passport renewals. It costs 5K Baht for the service but saves me having to go to Bangkok twice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 1:46 PM, NanLaew said:

When I renewed my second UK passport about 3 years ago via VFS in Bangkok, they required the 'company letter' and they also wanted a photo copy of every page of the other UK passport. I had to do this for BOTH passport renewals that were done within a month of each other.

Point of note, if one of those passports has either a Thai visa or extension of stay in it, that is the ONLY passport that can be presented to Immigration when seeking entry to Thailand.

How long was the turn around for the renewal?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived