genetic testing part 2

robblok

I revisited my genetic tests and found that I am prone to taking more caffeine as other people (that is true at times I pop a lot of tablets) Funny that the test confirmed it. Then I read on caffeine influences my sleep more then normal people, and that I metabolize caffeine faster then average. Its actually quite nice to know as I do have sleeping problems. But there were times i totally stopped the caffeine. Maybe should take a longer period off caffeine plus that I always took caffeine in the amounts i take them now.  Its also funny to know that i am less sensitive to the other effects of caffeine.. blood pressure ect. So a bit of a mixed bag of things.

I seem to be lactose intolerant or at least have a gene associated with it, strange thing is I never have any problem with milk or yoghurt. That given I don't consume that much of it. 

Seems I have no problems with carbs as i have said before i noticed that myself. I need my carbs.

This is an old test but its fun to read about it again I think in certain cases these tests can be useful.

testing.JPG

14 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Don’t try Eugenics on yourself

Its just fun to read this test again. I got an other one for sports a bit more interesting, as i seem to be gifted for a few things I never knew (VO2MAX capacity and hypertrophy though how gifted remains to be seen) .  Would have been more useful if i had known it before. 

The reason i posted this was more that I had / have sleeping problems. It might be the cafeine though truth be told in the past when i did not have those problems i used caffeine in similar amounts. Maybe tolerance breaks down if we get older or something else. 

I do wonder how far these genetic tests will go because they only test a few genes and there are many genes at play so how accurate are they is the question and how much more do they know now. This was a test of 2 years back.

16 hours ago, Justfine said:

Caffeine is fine before 3pm.

That is what you say, but obviously after testing I am more sensitive to it. You constantly fail to recognize the differences between individuals. I used to be able to get away with popping caffeine tablets all the time. Now it seems as I get older i get more sensitive (I guess its about aging no other explanation as I always was a huge caffeine user).  Now I cut it out completely and my sleeping has improved again.  I might introduce it later on again. Really funny I could pop 400 mg of caffeine (went even higher in the past) without a problem no jitters and stuff (just like the genetic profile says and I burn through it fast). I used to even be able to sleep when i took caffeine at night. Things changed.. not sure why.

I think your probably a bit younger then me I used to think everyone was the same and everyones body responded the same to stuff. I found out over the years its just not true and science in weight loss for instance has shown that too. I was right however that i have no problems with carbs. 

• 2 months later...

Archived