Krabi student killed outside school

webfact

Krabi student killed outside school

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__5709851.jpg

VIDEO. A student in Krabi has died after driving on a motorbike and colliding with a parked SUV in front of  a school in Krabi.

The accident happened in front of Khlong Thom Ratrangsan School in Krabi at 4pm on Friday (June 22). The driver was 17 year old Pichai Phusit Songguea, a student of a college in Krabi. Pichai was taken to Krabi Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Locals who witnessed the accident say that the student collided at the back of a parked white SUV which has been double parked. The student flew over the top and hit another moving SUV.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/krabi-student-killed-outside-school

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-06-25

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Locals who witnessed the accident say that the student collided at the back of a parked white SUV which has been double parked

I have always tried to say, that they can´t continue providing blind people with driving license.

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

The Fortuner had come to a halt about a second before being hit by the very fast moving scooter so hardly parked and could quite easily have been waiting to pull over or turn to the left but was waiting for the vans to clear.

It had been stopped for nearly three seconds, it was stationary alongside two other double-parked vehicles, it doesn't matter whether it was 'waiting' for something, it was parked where it shouldn't have been.   Who said that the scooter was moving "very fast"?

No Stopping

No Standing

No Parking

There's quite a distinctive demarcation between each of the above

What actual signage was up?

If the SUV'er had only stopped for that 3 seconds, then, due to that small time period) he'd still be in the vehicle; so therefore he wasn't Parked...yet!

He was Stopped

He was Standing

But if he was Parked, he'd have (maybe also have removed the keys)  left the vehicle

57 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It had been stopped for nearly three seconds, it was stationary alongside two other double-parked vehicles, it doesn't matter whether it was 'waiting' for something, it was parked where it shouldn't have been.   Who said that the scooter was moving "very fast"?

Good to know that when I am waiting to turn right and I have to stop for traffic to pass the other direction I am actually parked, next my iPhone will be sending me messages telling me where I am parked every time I stop. As for moving very fast, the kid was thrown over the 'stopped' vehicle, that must have been some impact.

In reality I have no doubt that the driver had stopped with the intention of parking, however your assertation that it was parked because it doesn't matter if a stationary vehicle is waiting for something (does this include waiting to turn, stopping at a Stop sign etc?) it is deemed to be parked. 

I sometimes watch these motorbikes come past with the rider texting. It is really amazing how somebody can concentrate on texting and  be watching the road at the same time considering when I am driving my car I concentrate extra hard waiting for an idiot in another car to do something stupid  Am I old-fashioned or is it the latest trend when you are  riding a bike or driving a car its cool to text? Then again I have a bit of fear in me on what could happen and Thais don't seem to have that. By having not having that fear can cost them there life 

9 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Three cars and he never saw them I wonder why that was

i see these Thai in cars and on bikes they never fail to amaze me with the unbelievable things i see them doing. im not surprised so many get killed, my dog had more road sense than these people.

21 hours ago, grego49 said:

Wonder if they book the car for double parking like most thais to lazy to park properly and walk 50 mtrs.

Actually was triple parked - so poor little Somchai didn't have to walk a few extra steps!

On 6/25/2018 at 2:40 PM, Just Weird said:

...   Who said that the scooter was moving "very fast"?

I don't know what constitutes "very fast" for you, but judging from the total destruction of the scooter and the fact that the driver flew over the parked SUV, slow it was not.

29 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I don't know what constitutes "very fast" for you, but judging from the total destruction of the scooter and the fact that the driver flew over the parked SUV, slow it was not.

speed  of  light 299792458m/s anything less= slow, but maybe he had tachyon drive  in that bike?? another first for Thailand

14 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

Actually was triple parked - so poor little Somchai didn't have to walk a few extra steps!

... if there weren't triple Parked/Stopped vehicles there, then it's likely that some little somchai brat may have been run over by a certain speeding rider... ? 

16 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I don't know what constitutes reality for you. 

Couple of things; the bike didn't suffer  "total destruction" any more than any other bike typically seen in these kind of accidents and your understanding of the word  "fact" is very odd.  He did not "fly over the parked SUV", he bounced off it into the path of a following SUV.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

He did not "fly over the parked SUV", he bounced off it into the path of a following SUV.

According to OP:

The student flew over the top and hit another moving SUV.

That means he hit a car. He did not get hit by a car.

On 6/25/2018 at 7:30 AM, sweatalot said:

playing wit his mobile while driving?

Highly likely, like the young lady on her motorbike last night on Sukhumvit when I was driving home. Without a helmet of course, that would ruin the hair she had been doing a couple of hours.

When you are 17 you take a few more risks than more experienced drivers. But every driver at times makes an error of judgement, with most of us getting away with it. The young guy was going a little too fast for that road but the Fortuner driver is a disgrace, and in my view the main culprit, stopping like that on a busy road was madness. I hope he goes to jail. And RIP the kid.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, edwinchester said:

The Fortuner had come to a halt about a second before being hit by the very fast moving scooter so hardly parked and could quite easily have been waiting to pull over or turn to the left but was waiting for the vans to clear.

this comment, would be the most likely , read many totally crap dumb  remarks here, looking at the damage to the bike ,it had to be moving at a very fast rate , and in the  photo ,you can see an exit ,on the left ,from the school ,so the driver most likely stopped,for traffic. or was stopped , as most schools have cops controlling traffic, but like every one here ,I am only surmising, what happened. And not make   stupiid comments  .

Archived