US Embassy Consular Outreach At Phuket July 5th From 12pm to 3pm

American Legion Post TH01

Seal with white background

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Phuket.

Date: 5 July 2018
Time
:  12:00pm–3:00pm 

Venue: Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
Address: 199 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150

Hotel phone:   (66) 7 660 1999

No appointment necessary, services are provided on a first come – first serve basis.

To expedite your service, please arrive with your documents filled-out completely, correctly, and NOT signed. Documents, forms and applications can be accessed by clicking on any of the below listed links.

SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON 5 July 2018

·     3,630 THB- Renewal of adult passports

·     3,795 THB- Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports

·     4,785 THB- Renewal of first adult passports 

·     4,785 THB- Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports 

·     3,795 THB- Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports

·     990 THB- Adult passport card

·     495 THB- Minor passport card

·     1,650 THB (per notary stamp)  – Notary– including Income Affidavits

Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 33 THB to 1 USD

PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio-data page and each supplementary document required with a passport application per the online instructions. Please follow all relevant passport renewal instructions according to above links. Original documents will be returned to the applicant, however, the copies will not.

IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.

PAYMENT METHOD

Please be advised the U.S. embassy will no longer accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at Outreach Events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.

All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT. 

All Bank Drafts must be:

·     Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB).   (There is no need to have an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft) (Kasikorn Bank calls a “Bank Draft” a “Bill of Exchange”).  

·     Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok.” (No variations, errors, or typos are permitted. Do not write on or make any markings on the bank draft.)

·     In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.

·     At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach. 

·     Fees and exchange rates are included in individual outreach announcements and posted on our website.

·     Submitted at the time of service.

·     Issued within the last six months. 

·     You can show below information to the bank:

ลูกค้าท่านนี้ต้องการซื้อแบงค์ดร๊าฟ(สกุลเงินบาทเท่านั้น)
โดยจำนวนเงินอ้างอิงตามอัตราแลกเปลี่ยนของสถานทูต
และระบุสั่งจ่ายถึง “American Embassy Bangkok”
รบกวนช่วยอำนวยความสะดวกให้ด้วยค่ะ

Delivery Service: You must purchase and submit a separate 100 THB bank draft. Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.

Please note:

·     Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.

·     Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events. Services rendered during normal business hours at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or the Consulate in Chiang Mai will continue to accept payments made by credit card or cash (THB or USD).

RETURN OF PASSPORT 

The Passport Retrieval Process Has Changed! – Beginning 1 July 2018:

Passport Return by Thai Post Registered Mail:
Your new passport will be sent to your mailing address in Thailand through registered mail. ACS will cancel your current passport at the time of application and return it to you.

Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach event for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.

NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS:

Bangkok Bank

147 Thanon Ratuthit Songroipi Rd

Tambon Patong, Amphoe Kathu

Chang Wat, Phuket 83150

Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)

Jungceylon Shopping Center

Patong Beach, Phuket 83150

Kasikorn Bank

Thanon Ratuthit Songroipi Rd

Tambon Patong, Amphoe Kathu

Chang Wat, Phuket 83150

You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.

SPECIAL NOTES

CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD AND AUTHENTICATION OF SIGNATURE SERVICES CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.

Starting on October 1, 2017, all beneficiaries and applicants living in Thailand must direct all questions regarding Social Security to SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) in U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines at [email protected]. Please visit http://www.ssa.gov for more Social Security information.

For other outreach dates and locations please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/

For information on US Citizen Services please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/

For questions please email [email protected]

22 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

why they changed it from early morning??

Cost reduction from what I understand. The they can fly in, do it and return to Bangkok the same day. The previous one had the same hours.

Same for the ones up here in Isaan.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Cost reduction from what I understand. The they can fly in, do it and return to Bangkok the same day. The previous one had the same hours.

Same for the ones up here in Isaan.

the previous one did NOT have the same hours as i  was there,  it was in the morning as its been for over 20 years
agree, fly in the morn, do their thing an fly back

14 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

the previous one did NOT have the same hours as i  was there,  it was in the morning as its been for over 20 years
agree, fly in the morn, do their thing an fly back

The one in March was from 12 to 3pm. Just went back through my inbox and found the STEP email I got on March 2nd.

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to hold a Town Hall and provide services in Phuket.

Date: 14 March 2018
Time:  11:30am-12:00pm Town Hall    

12:00pm–3:00pm Passport/Notary Services *Please note the new time* 

Any ideas on how to get the Phuket  Income  Affadavit form ?  Consulate is no longer taking calls,  no longer posting  detailed info on the web site  or answering  email. The STEP was a 30 minute exercise in  frustration   which kept telling me to fill out my  email but gave no place to do it   This  page provides affidavits for Chiang Mai and Bangkok only https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/income-affidavit/

46 minutes ago, PhuketSarah said:

Any ideas on how to get the Phuket  Income  Affadavit form ?  Consulate is no longer taking calls,  no longer posting  detailed info on the web site  or answering  email. The STEP was a 30 minute exercise in  frustration   which kept telling me to fill out my  email but gave no place to do it   This  page provides affidavits for Chiang Mai and Bangkok only https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/income-affidavit/

Use the Bangkok form, it's the exact one I used in Phuket this month.

41 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I don't wish a long day for the embassy staff but I am happy the whole contingent won't be spending the night at one of the finest hotels for the event.

I always figured  the staff would make a weekend of it - at their own expense I would hope. 

Archived