Otres Beach...

RickG16

Hearing good things about this area in Sinhaukville. I've been to Sinhaukville before but didn't check out Otres...

Apparently it has a cool international community, sounds similar to Koh Phangan?

Can anyone confirm / deny?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

sand flies are an issue at that beach, bad enough to make it unpleasant to stay on the sand, unless something has changed recently.

I would definitely not describe it as a "cool international community" and no, nothing like Koh Phagnan.

The closest you will come will be on the offshore islands, which are quite nice.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:23 PM, RickG16 said:

Care to elaborate?

The narrow beach is dirty, trash doesn't get collected, there are dirty water puddles, parts of the area are fenced off and there is a lot of construction. Seems to be a magnet for the dregs of western society

9 minutes ago, my friend I said:

The narrow beach is dirty, trash doesn't get collected, there are dirty water puddles, parts of the area are fenced off and there is a lot of construction. Seems to be a magnet for the dregs of western society

Any nightlife around there... western bars / parties? A bit less sleezy  than central Sinhaukville perhaps? 

Maybe try this, no pay. Contact on Facebook. Kampot page

Volunteer needed at Ten 103 (starting 16/7) on Koh ta kiev island ~

Description
We are a treehouse guesthouse situated on the beach on a secluded island, outside of sihanoukville. Koh ta kiev is full with beautiful beaches, untouched and wild jungle to explore..

To stay with us is a different experience, close to nature and perfect for people who want a simple lifestyle and experience the khmer culture.
Who are we looking for?

For friendly and motivated staff to work with us in a quiet relaxed atmosphere. The most important thing to us is that everyone has a great time on the island. 

When
Starting from the 16th of July 2018

What will you do and what will you get in return. 
You will be working at the bar / restaurant. It will be easy and mostly relaxed, as low season has just begun. This will give you the opportunity to interact with guests and getting to know our western & khmer co-workers. 

• 5 months later...

Archived