BANGKOK

I think they tolerate beards more than they actually like them. I have a very close-cropped beard. My friend, a longer one. I've heard Thai girls joke with him, "why you have that on your face - you more handsome with no hair on your face". My gf says she likes my beard, but I'm pretty sure she's just gotten used to it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2018 at 7:54 AM, swissie said:

Most Thai-Women don't like beards. (Have done both variations. With or without, so I know). But as long as the zipper on you wallet is not stuck and the wallet can be opened freely, it doesen't really matter that much.

Cheers.

i agree with this..i have always had a beard until my first visit to thailand 12 yrs ago..

fell 'in love', girlfriend smartly shaved me... been clean shaven ever since....many different ladies since.

i think they mostly prefer clean shaven and not 'too much' hair below...

they dont seem to worry about bald heads.....

money is important, but i dont think its 'number one', they like kind man...jai yen

• Like 2

On 6/26/2018 at 12:53 PM, Briggsy said:

Jone is the usual comment on encountering stubble or a beard. Jone means thief, vagabond, criminal, etc. So the standard thinking here for women is facial hair is associated with criminality.

Briggsy - correct me if I am wrong but I know the word Jon - - as in kon jon to mean poor people... I have never heard it in a negative sense... just more like poor working class people... 

check "poor" in your dictionary,.,, 

• Thanks 1

Some people like cave men, and some like the more feminin variant of them, Hipsters! And god sake some men like cave women. As long you are who you are, and do your best, you will find some that will like you, with or without a fat wallet in your pocket. Big d... heads causes more problems in Thailand than a beard.

In many cases related to the colour of bank notes; green is not as popular as silver ? 

I grew a beard once for 2 weeks, My Thai wife and daughter shunned me like the plague the whole time....

23 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Briggsy - correct me if I am wrong but I know the word Jon - - as in kon jon to mean poor people... I have never heard it in a negative sense... just more like poor working class people... 

check "poor" in your dictionary,.,, 

You are thinking of jon "จน" that means poor. It is a completely different word to jone "โจร" which means thief or vagabond. The vowel is different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So!! You Dont like beards on men?  The most helpful comment I've see for a while!

• Like 2

On 6/27/2018 at 1:36 AM, Rc2702 said:

But half of the TV Forum are bald.

Yes, but do they get "hooked"?

On 6/26/2018 at 11:53 AM, Maradona 10 said:

Hooking up?

Meeting someone and just going for a shag.  No dating or relationships.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:53 PM, Briggsy said:

Jone is the usual comment on encountering stubble or a beard. Jone means thief, vagabond, criminal, etc. So the standard thinking here for women is facial hair is associated with criminality.

Well. take away Thailand, and to me it seems all over the world, most of the real criminals, terrorists, rapists, child abusers etc, do have facial hair.

I have a 'full set' and have no probs. I think it all boils down to whether one can grow a thick manly 'full set' compared to the likes of this style.

Image result for bum fluff   beard

Edited by Rally123
  • Like 1