Thai AA Big Audio Book

Neeranam

• 2 months later...

This is great news! As an "active" member of AA (meaning I actively do the steps, have a sponsor and sponsor three members right now) I am over joyed at this effort to bring the Big Book to the Thai people. Why? Because the BEST thing I can do for myself as an alcoholic continuing my spiritual growth is to do 12th step work. (carrying the message to other suffering alcoholics)

The Big Book was what started the fellowship of AA in places other than the original membership in NYC, Akron and Cleveland. After it's publication in 1939 it was sent out across the USA and alcoholics who read it, did what was suggested inside could recover and as a result of doing the 12th step start a fellowship in their

I have seem some AA's try to start meetings with out having our societies text which spells out the program. They always fail because just sitting around sharing war stories doesn't give recovery. Recovery in AA comes from doing the 12 steps.

This is great news. Big kudos to the men here in Thailand who made the effort to make this audio book. This is truly 12th step work at it's highest level!! And to be so courteous as to understand that many Thai people can't read but do have cell phones with Youtube on it to listen to the book. I am very impressed!

Again, great work to whomever has made this effort!

Archived