Yakuza gang member arrested in Thailand

webfact

Yakuza gang member arrested in Thailand

ya.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police and immigration officers in Pattaya have announced the arrest of a Japanese man who is believed to be a member of the Yakuza crime gang.

Tatsuka Tanaka, 36, was arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport on June 22 on fraud charges as he tried to board a flight to Cambodia.

Acting on an Interpol Blue notice, police say Tanaka heads a gang that defrauded 83 people in Japan out of JPY80 million (24 million baht).

According to Thairath, Tanaka and his gang claimed to be working for Yahoo and told victims they were liable for additional charges from various internet sites. The victims were then told to pay off the false charges via Amazon gift cards, ensuring that they sent the codes from the cards to the gang members.

Police said Tanaka had been a frequent visitor to Thailand and most recently had been staying in Pattaya.

Police said Tanaka will now be deported back to Japan.

The other members of Tanaka’s gang have already been arrested by police in Japan.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-27

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

180cm is quite tall for a Japanese man.

Looks like the guy in the photo is checking to see if everything is in proportion.

(apologies for the schoolboy humour)

Not nowadays since they started to eat western food..

Just to add something I observed whilst watching world cup: none of the Japanese players had tattoos, as that is a yakuza thing. Few years ago seem to recall some item about 85% of players had tats. So I suppose you might yakuza not all a bad thing

The victims were then told to pay off the false charges via Amazon gift cards, ensuring that they sent the codes from the cards to the gang members

Do people really fall for this kind of scheme nowaday...  Please send Amazon gift card codes to pay your bill... Who does that ???!!!

If your dumb enough to fall for this nonsense, they deserve your money!

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

180cm is quite tall for a Japanese man.

Looks like the guy in the photo is checking to see if everything is in proportion.

(apologies for the schoolboy humour)

Accepted

4 hours ago, webfact said:

a Japanese man who is believed to be a member of the Yakuza crime gang

A, as in one single 'believed to be' member? OK it does say that the other gang members were arrested in Japan but c'mon, only one Yakuza while there are a bizillion other criminals dragged in front of the readers eyes on a weekly basis? Hmmm as Mr. Spock would say, 'Fascinating'

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Good well done.

There is already a steady supply of western criminals in Thailand, so no need for the Asian gangs to start their tricks around here.

I need to ask, where have you been. Thailand has been a holiday spot for the Yukuza for years. At least once a year their appears a story about them being sent back to Japan

10 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I need to ask, where have you been. Thailand has been a holiday spot for the Yukuza for years. At least once a year their appears a story about them being sent back to Japan

Well during the 6 months monsoon or summer,  sometimes I did sneak away to southern Europe's more welcoming climate, so I missed the previous Yakuza sequels..sorry Pal !??

1 hour ago, moutamine said:

The victims were then told to pay off the false charges via Amazon gift cards, ensuring that they sent the codes from the cards to the gang members

Do people really fall for this kind of scheme nowaday...  Please send Amazon gift card codes to pay your bill... Who does that ???!!!

If your dumb enough to fall for this nonsense, they deserve your money!

"If your dumb enough to fall for this nonsense, they deserve your money!I" ?

A noble idea, which would mean that one can shamelessly swindle any simple people with little education or some elderly people a little too gullible . 

Crazy how our values can differ from one another

7 hours ago, rwill said:

It does seem like they blur out peoples faces now unless they are Caucasian.

Not necessarily; in this case the gang member in question just happened to have a blurry face. So he should be easy to spot in a crowd.

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

Under the Guise of 'members of the Datsun Family', the Yakuza have been buying property in Pattaya, Phuket and Ko Samui since the late seventies, I know, I sold my bar 'The Copa" to a Japanese investor who was buying anything in what is now called Walking Street, my Lawyer (still employed his firm) told me he thinks he was Yakuza.  Nick named  'The Cowboy' for his love of country western clothes, and came to the table with Cash.:wai: 

17 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Supposedly there are hundreds of Yakuza living in Thailand ever since the Japanese government started cracking down on them in Japan.....

Hearsay, you people should get a life and mind your own business. Typical Expat mentality. Who think they know it all. 

21 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Just to add something I observed whilst watching world cup: none of the Japanese players had tattoos, as that is a yakuza thing. Few years ago seem to recall some item about 85% of players had tats. So I suppose you might yakuza not all a bad thing

This is why I find it so incredible that there's not more of this lot getting arrested. I mean they are literally walking around with a tattoo that effectively says 'I'm a Yakuza gangster'. 

Not exactly the best disguise.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:46 AM, flyingtlger said:

Supposedly there are hundreds of Yakuza living in Thailand ever since the Japanese government started cracking down on them in Japan.....

when i played golf at Thana City, you saw the yakuza there frequently, hard to miss because of the tattoos everywhere. Lots of japanese golf club members there. my tip for a longer life, avoid all eye contact

Archived