Chinese tourists caught climbing crabs in Krabi

webfact

Chinese tourists caught climbing crabs in Krabi

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

276293-1.jpg

Chinese tourists have been caught climbing all over a Krabi landmark – the Mud Crabs Sculpture. Krabi Tourist Police are tracking down the tour company that were in control of the tourists that were filmed climbing on the sculpture.

A facebook user ‘Tisa Kiw Guide’ on Monday (June 25) posted a VIDEO on her personal Facebook with the message… “to tour guides who are taking care of these groups of Chinese tourists who are climbing on the Mud Crabs Sculpture, it might be damaged.”

Krabi City Deputy Mayor Channarong Leelaburanapong says, “Krabi Tourist Police have been contacted after we saw the video clip. The sculpture hasn’t been damaged.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/chinese-tourists-caught-climbing-crabs-in-krabi

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-06-27

....trillions (?) of baht generated from the tourist industry....(?)

...maybe they can splurge on some multilingual signs...pictographs...???

...warnings about fines....etc...???

...or better to let xenophobia and animosity towards foreigners fester...

...infantile....

...and incessant....

who cares? put a damn fence around it then. 

fact is myself and my thai family agree that thais are right at the top of the list of the most immoral people. the reason thais arent jumping all over the dumb crab is its sunny and they would need to upturn there shirt let their guts hang out to make it look like they done some hard work or something in other words lazy... its easy to sit back do nothing and criticize everyone else. 

this is yet another thai  problem not farang. put a fence around, signs or make a stronger crabe or even remove it.

should be thankful to have tourists regardless of who they are because if there werent any that crab would be at the recycle shop pretty quick....

12 hours ago, BEngBKK said:

Maybe it is good for Thai people that they have someone to bash that actually behave worse than them self..

Of cause Thai turist abroad respect local customs.... 

Yes they do which is more than you can say for a very large number of tourists who visit thailand.

How many thais have you met outside of thailand?

That's right none

9 hours ago, bsdthai said:

fact is myself and my thai family agree that thais are right at the top of the list of the most immoral people. the reason thais arent jumping all over the dumb crab is its sunny and they would need to upturn there shirt let their guts hang out to make it look like they done some hard work or something in other words lazy... its easy to sit back do nothing and criticize everyone else. 

this is yet another thai  problem not farang. put a fence around, signs or make a stronger crabe or even remove it.

should be thankful to have tourists regardless of who they are because if there werent any that crab would be at the recycle shop pretty quick....

Your thai family agree with you.

Must be your debating skills and objective demeanour.  

9 hours ago, bsdthai said:

This is a money making opportunity for Thais. In future just make two of the same (whatever monument). One is specially for the Chinese to climb take photos or scratch their names on it. Big sign board in chinese language "for climbing this way please" even a strong steps for them to climb up. But before they could climb they need to pay at the small counter next to it.  No ticket no climbing. The other one is fence up. No chance.

15 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Yes they do which is more than you can say for a very large number of tourists who visit thailand.

That's right none

How on god's green earth would you know that this poster has never met any Thais outside of Thailand?

Ridiculous post.

To me, it really is rather pathetic that people have to take such photos/selfies at landmarks that are of a sensitive nature to the indigenous population, so they can trot out the pics on social media in a "look at me" effort to appear swell and boost their ego with the reactions from their moronic friends. Sure, take a picture, but you don't have to look like you are jumping all over something or trying to meld with it. Guess though, this is the kind of "tourist" they want here now....may the zero dollars flow and the locals get rich on it....pfft.

On 6/28/2018 at 8:32 PM, Expatthailover said:

That's right none

Ooh, you haven't traveled much.

You don't really know what you're talking about. ..... :coffee1:

Archived