BANGKOK 21 July 2019 07:01
paulsingle

Reduced tolerance to alcohol

I'm 60 years old and have noticed a relatively rapid fall in my tolerance to alcohol. A year ago I could drink 6 to 8 pints of 5% beer on a Friday or Saturday. This would leave me feeling quite hungover the following day and even into the day after that.

Now I find that 4 pints produces the same ill  effects and I can't manage anything over 4 pints.

I find I can drink 2 or 3 pints on 2 or three occasions during the week but any more than 3 pints on one occasion or more than 6 pints a week is not worth drinking because of the hangover effects.

I just wondered if anyone else has found they have a relatively quick reduction in tolerance to alcohol.

I count a 620ml beer as a pint.

Edited by paulsingle
Large Chang roughly equals a pint.
  • Like 1

When you break down the advantages you get from drinking liquor, it's constantly advantageous distinguishing different exercises that assistance you accomplish similar advantages however don't include drinking liquor, this enables you to substitute an undesirable action with a more advantageous option...

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life

• Like 1

Try natural brew beer like Hoegaarden or so....or sangsom coke....these drinks don't give me a headache/hangover but all the rest does.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/27/2018 at 5:37 PM, paulsingle said:

I'm 60 years old and have noticed a relatively rapid fall in my tolerance to alcohol. A year ago I could drink 6 to 8 pints of 5% beer on a Friday or Saturday.

No doubt the result of the rapid decline in your liver function after a life of heavy drinking.  See a doctor.  Then take it as a sign that you need to find a different hobby and 'moderation' or 'abstinence' is your friend.

Edited by connda

1 hour ago, OmarZaid said:

tests are generally within normal limits until nearly 2/3rds of the organ's functional capacity is destroyed

Can Sheryl or anybody with medical knowledge confirm this please? Bit worrying if correct. But perhaps the context is that 35% capacity is OK, especially for over 60s. I don't know, new one to me.