1 sim card number for 2 devices?

I use an  air card device in my laptop to get internet and recently bought a smart phone.  I could swear  I was told  I could get use a duplicate  sim card number "up to two devices"  so as to only pay for one  internet  package, but   DTAC and AIS both tell me it is not possible.  Any ideas on how to get around the suggestion I must remove the sim card  and insert it into each device  ?   I thought about just saying the sim had been lost and getting a new one.  Will  they issue a new card under the old number? 

Perhaps something was lost in translation.

Previously I had 2 sims on a single number / bill (post paid): 1 for the phone & the other (data only) for the iPad. 

Thus: Perhaps the key here is articulating to someone who can understand you well enough to follow and understand exactly what you are after, otherwise you’ll end up with the all too common ‘cannot / no have’ response.

With your new smartphone you should be able to create a WiFi hotspot (Your phones internet is shared thru WiFi)... then your computer (which need WiFi capability) can access the internet thru the smartphone... no need for you old aircard...

What kind of smartphone do you have?

37 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

With your new smartphone you should be able to create a WiFi hotspot (Your phones internet is shared thru WiFi)... then your computer (which need WiFi capability) can access the internet thru the smartphone... no need for you old aircard...

What kind of smartphone do you have?

I need info  for  the sim card,  thanks  though.. 

51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps something was lost in translation.

Previously I had 2 sims on a single number / bill (post paid): 1 for the phone & the other (data only) for the iPad. 

Thus: Perhaps the key here is articulating to someone who can understand you well enough to follow and understand exactly what you are after, otherwise you’ll end up with the all too common ‘cannot / no have’ response.

Oh, how  hate the  " NO HAB .." spoken as nasally as possible. And more often than not,  they  do hab. 

In this case  I was at  a DTAC   counter in the mall, and then called the DTAC help line, they usually are fairly advanced in English.. Maybe  the  "data only on one sim"  is the key phrase  to use . Actually I use an old non internet phone for calls  so I really only need data only. Thank you  for the response 

I'm pretty sure all three providers here offer Multi-SIM accounts, with one number and up to five (5) SIMs.

The typical application is one voice/data line, and up to four other data-only SIMs. You can switch the number to another SIM with a USSD code. Obviously only one SIM can accept voice calls at any one moment.

Personally, I would just get two separate voice/data SIMs for the two devices.

You can get a new SIM, but the old one will be disabled.

I used to have multi SIM from DTAC and from AIS.

Same number,  2 SIM cards.  Only one card can be active for voice calls at any given moment. You switch them using a USSD code. 

Archived