90 Day Notice Stamp Paper Is Missing

I noticed that my most recent 90 day stamp paper is missing from my passport. This is the piece of paper that is usually stapled into the passport with the next reporting day. I have been handing my passport to bank clerks and post office clerks who take a copy of my passport for everything I do. The piece of paper must have fallen out at some point whilst it was being handled and photo copied. 

So, I went to immigration division 1 in Bangkok and waited my turn in the very long queue to tell them my paper was missing, I expected the  immigration officer to provide a replacement although the officer told me that I first needed to report the small piece of paper missing at the police station and then I do not have to return until my next 90 day report/stamp is due along with the police report. This seems a waste of time but maybe they has some reason for it. The fact the paper is loose in the passport and I need to show the passport when I need to get anything done at the post office or bank, seems ridiculous.

Has anyone else needed to do this?

Also, If i were to leave the country for a short trip from the main airport before my next 90 day report was due would I still need the police report to walk out of the country? 

Edited by NightSky

I would say the police report is more of a punishment for losing it than being a legal requirement.

Immigration staples the receipt in my passport. You could put it away somewhere safe and just take it with you when you do the report.

If you leave before the report is due a police report would not be needed.

• Thanks 1

I lost one once but I knew when I had to report next and when I went to the desk (in Jomtien) I told the IO that I couldn't find the Notification slip. 

He simply entered my name in the computer, clicked on something, typed something, printed a new slip (stapled it into my passport) and I was on my way. Took about an extra 15 seconds as he had to type my name (or maybe it was my passport number) instead of just scanning the bar code. No hassles, no extra effort (on my part) required.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Took about an extra 15 seconds as he had to type my name (or maybe it was my passport number) instead of just scanning the bar code.

Passport number since that is what is on the bar code along with a abbreviation for your nationality.

• Like 2

I haven't noticed recently, but at the Chaeng Wattana 90 Day Report window, there is (or was) a sign posted that said if you lost the 90 Day Report paper you had to file a police report before you could complete your next report. 

Edited by gjoo888
  • Haha 1

I do my 90 reports on line, but am unable to print out the "next report due" slip.

When I did my last extension they asked me where was my last 90 day receipt.  When I explained I did then on-line but have no access to a printer they simply checked on the computer and no problem.

• Like 1

That piece of paper is only a reminder for yourself.  It doesn't really serve any other purpose.  If you leave the country before your next 90 day report, then you count 90 days from the date you returned.  In that case, the piece of paper is useless.

Just turn up when your next 90 days is due.

Immigration will just remove the earlier reminder and throw it away!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the replies. Many suggestions included Im worrying too much about the small piece of paper or that maybe it isn't important, although I was simply reporting what the immigration officer told me I needed to do which is report it lost to the police. Maybe I was unlucky catching the immigration officer on a bad day although this is what I was told I needed to do by the person who issues the 90 day report receipt.

The police report cost me 20 baht and 10 minutes and was accepted as a receipt by a different immigration officer this time around. Note the immigration officer did ask for the last receipt so it was easy to hand over the report rather than explaining everything (again).