Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well you Perhaps should not have listened to those who claimed this was going to be easy, but you did.

So now consider, what other lies did they tell?

You really don't do humor do you. ??

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, sungod said:

Interesting many of those on here who would chose to remain are living in Asia and left Europe already!!!

If Europe is that great, when you going back?

You find me in Spain today. Six weeks vacation in Europe ?

21 minutes ago, Johnnyondaspot said:

Britain deserves what's coming.  City dwelling, educated Brits should have turned out and voted.  The whole country will pay for a long time to come.

Indeed!

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

So in your eyes a majority vote to leave the EU is a right wing coup. Am I hearing this correctly? 

No. 

It it has been turned into a rightwing coup.

The government has already made several attempts at enacting government by executive (bypassing parliament) and members of the government are openly talking about reducing worker’s rights, human rights, environmental legislation.

A very British Rightwing coup, naturally cheered on by large swaths of the working class.

Know your betters and doff you cap.

42 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In a sense you are correct, with the UK failing so far to deliver its negotiating position the the EU can’t negotiate with a UK that has no agreed position within the PM’s own cabinet.

It’s an utter shambles.

The basic post Brexit wishes of the UK have been stated, the EU is not interested in agreeing to them. It's a stand-off.

40 minutes ago, Johnnyondaspot said:

Britain deserves what's coming.  City dwelling, educated Brits should have turned out and voted.  The whole country will pay for a long time to come.

Another "educated" croak. 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No. 

The government has already made several attempts at enacting gyovernment by executive (bypassing parliament) and members of the government are openly talking about reducing worker’s rights, human rights, environmental legislation.

A very British Rightwing coup, naturally cheered on by large swaths of the working class.

I am going to make an assumption here. You have a poster of Che Guevara on your bedroom wall, please tell me I'm correct.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

That's rather unnecessary but I agree with the rest of your post. Too slow response from EU but now changing at glacial speed.

So you agree with all of my post apart from one short sentence, which is the only selected part of my post that you quote. Grouse old bean, that's nothing less than disproportionate representation, you are a bounder and a cad

45 minutes ago, Johnnyondaspot said:

If they were educated then they probably would have turned out an voted! Them city slickers and all them dudes! What are they like?

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The basic post Brexit wishes of the UK have been stated, the EU is not interested in agreeing to them. It's a stand-off.

You need to get that message to Theresa May, she’s running around telling everyone that she needs to get agreement with her own cabinet before she can bring her proposals to the negotiating table.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Refer #109.

Oh, so you really do think that the vote by the UK electorate to leave the EU was a rightwing coup.

I think you better stick to American politics in that case, or at least learn the meaning of the word ‘coup’

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You need to get that message to Theresa May, she’s running around telling everyone that she needs to get agreement with her own cabinet before she can bring her proposals to the negotiating table.

A different problem but all part of the great stand-off.

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No. 

The government has already made several attempts at enacting government by executive (bypassing parliament) and members of the government are openly talking about reducing worker’s rights, human rights, environmental legislation.

Oh yes. The British workers have traditionally been right-wingers. Absolutely. No doubt.

13 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Oh, so you really do think that the vote by the UK electorate to leave the EU was a rightwing coup.

I think you better stick to American politics in that case, or at least learn the meaning of the word ‘coup’

Vogie asked me the same question, I replied no I do not and then I explaimed where I think there is a rightwing coup (all in #109 which you either fail to understand or deliberately misunderstand)

I’ll keep my views on American politics within threads discussing American politics, I think you should too unless you want to add ‘stalking’ to cv. 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No. 

How can it possibly have been, or have turned into, a coup; it was simply a democratically held UK referendum, asking the eligible electorate if they wanted to remain in the EU or wanted to leave. A referendum cannot be construed as a coup, even by the most optimistic of remainers.

Your nonsensical and sensationalist rhetoric, implying a coup, is absurd, and quite frankly, rather foolish.

Coup (noun)

1. A sudden, violent and illegal seizure of power from a government.
  2. An instance of successfully achieving something difficult

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

A little more thought required. Go on, try.

Demagoguery always succeeds  by whipping the great unwashed into line. Believe me, they fall for the daftest ideas!

In this case, Brexit has now been hijacked from the "not doing so well" by right wing bastards who can smell gold from kms away.

This is why I never say ALL Brexiteers are moronic. Some most certainly are not!

Ask yourself this: are most of the far right Cons in this for the general good of the common man? Of course not! They have visions of a Dickensian Britain. Huge wealth and obscene poverty going hand in hand with appalling environmental conditions and slavery.

Right wing coup? Absolutely.

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

How can it possibly have been, or have turned into, a coup; it was simply a democratically held UK referendum, asking the eligible electorate if they wanted to remain in the EU or wanted to leave. A referendum cannot be construed as a coup, even by the most optimistic of remainers.

Your nonsensical and sensationalist rhetoric, implying a coup, is absurd, and quite frankly, rather foolish.

Coup (noun)

1. A sudden, violent and illegal seizure of power from a government.
  2. An instance of successfully achieving something difficult

There is more than one way to skin a cat (or fleece a nation).

Soft coup is a coup d'état without the use of violence, but based on a conspiracy or plot that has as its objective the taking of the State power by partially or wholly illegal means, in order to operate an exchange of political leadership - and in some cases also of the current institutional order.[1][2]

14 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Demagoguery always succeeds  by whipping the great unwashed into line. Believe me, they fall for the daftest ideas!

In this case, Brexit has now been hijacked from the "not doing so well" by right wing bastards who can smell gold from kms away.

This is why I never say ALL Brexiteers are moronic. Some most certainly are not!

Ask yourself this: are most of the far right Cons in this for the general good of the common man? Of course not! They have visions of a Dickensian Britain. Huge wealth and obscene poverty going hand in hand with appalling environmental conditions and slavery.

Absolutely not old bean. You know full well, that however hard you try to spin it, a referendum cannot possibly be construed as a coup, even if your chum, sorry, buddy, from across the pond cannot understand.

I thought we’d had it all, “not a decisive majority” “the percentage was not convincing” “those that did not vote would have voted remain” “ it is not binding” “the electorate were misled” “they didn’t know what they were voting for”  ….. now, it was a rightwing coup. Ha Ha Ha, get outta here, away with ye

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Aaaah, I see.

The Russians have been debunked.

Cambridge Analytica would have had little impact on the biggest Leave voting demagogue, the over 50's being the smallest % of social media users.

So now we have.............

To the sound of trumpets ( you know who you are ) and massive drum rolls.................

'' It was a right wing coup ''

???

Jeremy Corbyn fits right into that assumption ??

Your scepticism certainly suggests that they played a blinder...

16 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You mean, just like in the America of not just Trump but all the presidents who came before him?  For example, the Great Crisis of 2008/9 brought misery to many, but untold wealth for most of Wall Street. The environmental degradation has been going on for decades and the "slavery" you refer to has crept up on all those drones now "working" for Amazon.

And all through these last five decades, the US has encouraged right-wing coups and fascist oppression in its own backyard...

In fact, Brexit has not (yet?) produced the oppression everywhere to be seen in America.

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Absolutely not old bean. You know full well, that however hard you try to spin it, a referendum cannot possibly be construed as a coup, even if your chum, sorry, buddy, from across the pond cannot understand.

I thought we’d had it all, “not a decisive majority” “the percentage was not convincing” “those that did not vote would have voted remain” “ it is not binding” “the electorate were misled” “they didn’t know what they were voting for”  ….. now, it was a rightwing coup. Ha Ha Ha, get outta here, away with ye

You know full well, that however hard you try to spin it, a referendum cannot possibly be construed as a coup, even if your chum, sorry, buddy, from across the pond cannot understand”

Nobody has suggested the referendum was a ‘coup’, I have twice stated I do not believe the referendum to be a ‘coup’.

I have explained how I believe the referendum has been used as the pretext of a coup, a point others agree with but you seem unable to even grasp, despite it having been explained to you!

“even if your chum, sorry, buddy, from across the pond cannot understand.”

I have also explained to you that your constant references to your unfounded assumptions regarding my nationality are unwarranted and unwelcome. I now regard these as harassment.

I once again politely ask you to desist.

5 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Is Jeremy Corbyn right wing ?

Is every single person who voted leave right wing ?

Is there any concrete evidence that Russia interfered in the Referendum ?

Are the over 50's, in the UK at least, not the smallest % of social media users ?

My scepticism ??

How about your brain ( single cell ) washing ?

Jeremy Corbyn has not made even the slightest suggestion that Brexit must be used to enact a raft of rightwing programs attacking workers rights, human rights, consumers rights, regulations governing banks and laws protecting the environment.

All ‘opportunities’ that current Tory government ministers have proposed.

A very British rightwing coup.

Know your place and doff your cap!

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Brilliant answer, for someone who cannot read or comprehend English. I asked you 5 questions

Still waiting ?

And if you cannot answer, do not attempt a strawman response.

I am not sure why you think that you must receive a response in the manner of your choosing - post as many questions as you like. I will answer as I see fit.

The evidence that the country has been stiched up is there in big flashing neon letters. That you choose to deny it is understandable - you have invested a lot of time on these boards in the past couple of months trying to shore up your increasingly weak touchstone.

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nobody has suggested the referendum was a ‘coup’, I have twice stated I do not believe the referendum to be a ‘coup’.

I have explained how I believe the referendum has been used as the pretext of a coup, a point others agree with but you seem unable to even grasp, despite it having been explained to you!

You said in response to a discussion about Brexit “I don’t regard rightwing coups a laughing matter”

You have been understandably backtracking since then; first you said “no, it has been turned into a rightwing coup”  ….. now you are saying “it has been used as the pretext of a coup” and without any sense of irony, you still seem to think you understand what “coup” means

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Read my post one more time. If you still don't understand what's happening I will explain it to you.

Archived