Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

You said"Why do non brits think they know better than than us?"

Who would "us" be if not Brits?

So are all Brits in agreement with you? Are all non-brits not in agreeement with you?

Why exactly is nationality pertinent when it comes to knowledge? 

Why don't you use bigger font? I can't hear you very well!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, smedly said:

The fact is there is nothing in Art50 that says anything about a trade deal, Art50 was to tie up loose ends like Air travel, borders etc, it has nothing to do with a trade deal, the UK should never have started these trade talks until we had left - they are doing it all backwards, the EU cannot force the UK to do anything unless they want to start a war, we are leaving and that is that.

Now if the EU thinks that a trade deal of some sort might be a good idea for all concerned then lets talk about it after we have 100% left.

We want our country back

Everything was fine when it all started as the EEC were it was simply trade, it has now morphed into a power grabbing unelected debacle that we no longer want to be part of, The United States of Germany 

Your country is still where you left it!

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The entire Brexit process has become a farce. The biggest decision this country has taken for 80 years and we have made ourselves a laughing stock. If ever there was a time for a vote of no confidence in our "government" it is now. White paper my arse!

I like blue myself, matches the bathroom tiles don't you know?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

It seems to me that the lowest common denominator of populists is immigration NOT the EU per se. I see the EU modifying immigration policies and border control.

What are already seeing modifications. But control? If that happens I might I see a drift of pigs passing overhead at about 1,500 ft. 

1 hour ago, petermik said:

At the last count there was over 10,500 unelected bureaucrats on salaries greater than our PM....we the British people voted out......the EU can go to hell,we want our country run by people we elect and carrying out our wishes...:thumbsup:

What on earth makes you think that the UK government would cater to your needs, far less your wishes, the track record would say otherwise.

There are millions of workers in the EU on greater salaries than workers in the UK and there are thousands of bureaucrats in the UK on greater salaries than workers in the UK. Do you really think the UK worker will end up any better off. Cannon fodder as far as the government is concerned.

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

She intends to issue a 'white paper' now? Years after the vote? Are you kidding me?

Respectfully, a 'white paper' is a valuable document at the beginning of a process; issuing a 'white paper' at this juncture is simply a method of saying that "we do not have a clue what we are doing, and we are flailing around without purpose".

I am sure that many will object forcefully, but I would return to a recommendation I made many months ago; Britain, swallow your pride and put off "Brexit" for a generation. As an outsider looking on, it is crystal clear that the UK does not know what it is doing or have a viable plan, that the UK has no internal consensus on the future whatsoever, and that to make a deal on the most significant policy shift in several generations under these conditions is madness.

Stop this nonsense before you do further self-harm.

If the desire to leave the EU is still prevalent in 15-20 years, by all means choose 'Brexit". To do so now, under these circumstances, is not a wise policy.

It's not a question of pride. It's a question of the arrogance and indifference to reality of one political party whose then leaders thought they could orchestrate, and win, a referendum that would neuter the anti EU faction in their own party and spike the growth in defection to and support for the UKIP. Sadly  the main opposition party are led by an anti EU leader who half heartdely challenged them.

The referendum was supposedly advisory and then the government tried to circumvent parliamentary process to they could issue Article 50 and leave without any reference to parliamentary procedures. It's clear they never anticipated the result and had / have no idea what to do and have failed in their attempts to circumvent parliament so they could just ram through whatever they fancied.

Whilst the country still seems very evenly divided on the issue, with chaotic and minority government being propped up by a fringe somewhat extreme party, and with various politicians now playing it for their own agendas rather than the national interest your advice would seem sensible. But sadly unlikely to be followed.

Just now, nauseus said:

Yes, all sad. But at least the remainers can claim the majority in insult hurling! 

Well I doubt that’s true either. 

But it’s a bit of a distraction, the issue at hand is the PM still hasn’t got the UK’s negotiation position agreed with her own cabinet.

Quite frankly, even the most ardent Brexit supporter ought to begin to realize this is turning into a crock’

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Burgess and McClain were brought up a few pages back, their treachery happened over 50 years ago, will you be making a case for that or does that fit in nicely with your agenda?

I don't think spying 50 years ago is relevant to the current debate, no. Though the American McMahon act still causes me to distrust the USA.

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

A childless woman who thought she could be be mother to all humanity

That's rather unnecessary but I agree with the rest of your post. Too slow response from EU but now changing at glacial speed.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not an insult vogie it’s an observation of fact.

Nice to see the insults still coming from the remainers”

One ‘remainer’ makes a comment and you assign it to millions of us.

As I argue above, the insults are not important, the continuing failure of Brexit is.

Don't get too paronoid, your netiquette has been impeccable.

The Cabinet is so disunited over the direction of the final outcome it is like a supermarket trolley with wonky wheels...

TM needs to decide on soft or hard brexit, then replace those who do not agree.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well I doubt that’s true either. 

But it’s a bit of a distraction, the issue at hand is the PM still hasn’t got the UK’s negotiation position agreed with her own cabinet.

Quite frankly, even the most ardent Brexit supporter ought to begin to realize this is turning into a crock’

Quite frankly, the crock was expected...it might have been less crocky..or even more crocky. Mays broad (Lancaster House) aims are sensible for both sides but this EU, only interested in stopping a stampede has no other priority!

Leavers voted to leave. There was no referendum on how we leave.

It's fouled up due to a  lack of pragmatism in an EU, which is obsessed with self-preservation, plus a weak remainer-dominated government, plus an unfit for purpose HOL, fouled up by all those strings hanging from the galleries! 

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

It's fouled up due to a  lack of pragmatism in an EU,

Hate to correct you.

Nothing to do with EU pragmatism and all to do with trying to keep the UK under the thumb of Brussels, the ECJ and to to keep the UK handing over £ Billions for the pleasure.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Quite frankly, the crock was expected...it might have been less crocky..or even more crocky. Mays broad (Lancaster House) aims are sensible for both sides but this EU, only interested in stopping a stampede has no other priority!

Leavers voted to leave. There was no referendum on how we leave.

It's fouled up due to a  lack of pragmatism in an EU, which is obsessed with self-preservation, plus a weak remainer-dominated government, plus an unfit for purpose HOL, fouled up by all those strings hanging from the galleries! 

It’s a two sided negotiation, it’s not going well, the UK PM has not, even at this late stage agreed the UK’s negotiating position with her own cabinet (admits as much) - that is hardly the EU’s fault.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s a two sided negotiation, it’s not going well, the UK PM has not, even at this late stage agreed the UK’s negotiating position with her own cabinet (admits as much) - that is hardly the EU’s fault.

After so long it really can't be called a negotiation. Not seriously? It's a stand-off and if there's any result it will be at full time.

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I am sure that many will object forcefully, but I would return to a recommendation I made many months ago; Britain, swallow your pride and put off "Brexit" for a generation. As an outsider looking on, it is crystal clear that the UK does not know what it is doing or have a viable plan, that the UK has no internal consensus on the future whatsoever, and that to make a deal on the most significant policy shift in several generations under these conditions is madness.

“As an outsider looking on”. Where do you actually come from, could it be from an E.U. country, that benefits from the U.K ‘s charitable contribution to this hated enforced Union.

E6577A8A-2D56-4B5B-9B91-8E80EC9DB3C9.jpeg

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

After so long it really can't be called a negotiation. Not seriously? It's a stand-off and if there's any result it will be at full time.

In a sense you are correct, with the UK failing so far to deliver its negotiating position the the EU can’t negotiate with a UK that has no agreed position within the PM’s own cabinet.

It’s an utter shambles.

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Completely misses the point that even the British PM says she hasn’t got anything to put on the table until she gets her white paper agreed with her own cabinet.

The PM hasn’t yet agreed her negotiating position with her own cabinet - so let’s blame that on the EU.

And this was going to be so very easy.

Doh!

I think we can all agree,that the British governments negotiating play has been very weak to put it mildly. Is the reason possible due to the fact that the Conservatory hierarchy, shoe horned a remainer into the role of Prime Minister.

831B765B-DE47-4C96-AC0F-85B4D9D723CF.jpeg

7 hours ago, vogie said:

There's a good chance there won't be an EU in 15-20 months, never mind years.

Why do non brits think they know better than than us?

We wanted fair play, being governed by Germany and France is not fair play. Our fathers fought for our freedom, I'm guessing your fathers helped us too, what would they think now, giving our country away.

The EU is corrupt, Mutty thinks she can do whatever she likes and it doesn't matter if she compromises the rest of europes security. 

We have difficult times ahead, but no-one said it was going to be easy.

Britain deserves what's coming.  City dwelling, educated Brits should have turned out and voted.  The whole country will pay for a long time to come.

17 minutes ago, nontabury said:

“As an outsider looking on”. Where do you actually come from, could it be from an E.U. country, that benefits from the U.K ‘s charitable contribution to this hated enforced Union.

E6577A8A-2D56-4B5B-9B91-8E80EC9DB3C9.jpeg

Get ready to take your medicine.  Britain will be left behind.  If Britain was a stock, sell, sell, sell!

3 minutes ago, Johnnyondaspot said:

Britain deserves what's coming.  City dwelling, educated Brits should have turned out and voted.  The whole country will pay for a long time to come.

It's too late now telling us now, if we knew you were such an expert we would have listened to you at the time, ah well you tried.

41 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

There must be a valid reason why remainers are giving this a wide berth ?

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1045553-papering-over-cracks-eu-leaders-claim-summit-victory-on-migration/

Too many scared to face a bit of reality about their wonderful EU ??

Not at all; it is a good article. I draw different conclusions from you. I am happy that substantive discussions are taking place, difficult as they may be.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

It's too late now telling us now, if we knew you were such an expert we would have listened to you at the time, ah well you tried.

Well you Perhaps should not have listened to those who claimed this was going to be easy, but you did.

So now consider, what other lies did they tell?

Archived