Amlo seizes 134 million baht in bank accounts of 4 senior monks in temple fund scandal

rooster59

The Thai Buddism has nothing to do anymore with a relegion: it's just a money laundry machinery now and a rip off from the people of Thailand who still trust and believe in the system of buddism and monks.

I can't understand any thai person donating any bath to these corrupt system of monks and wats!

Shame on you all guys missusing the religion! That's why i wont believe in ANY monks or priests or imams!

2 hours ago, manhood said:

The Thai Buddism has nothing to do anymore with a relegion: it's just a money laundry machinery now and a rip off from the people of Thailand who still trust and believe in the system of buddism and monks.

I can't understand any thai person donating any bath to these corrupt system of monks and wats!

Shame on you all guys missusing the religion! That's why i wont believe in ANY monks or priests or imams!

Moi aussi.

But I don't think they do it out of faith. I recall the Jesuits who were fond of saying 'give me the boy before 5 and I will give you the man'. The trapping s of religion are laid down as normal behaviour quite early in life - pre-puberty. After that it's the devil's own job to shift them, they become a part of the behavioural clutter than everyone has.

Long story short, most people abide by their religion for the same reason they believe in spirits and fairies. It's a habit, same as any other. Feed the habit, reap the neurotransmitter payoff.

41 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I should get into this Buddhism lark, Catholicism isn't paying too well any more. 

I'd say I would miss the pedophilia and buggery, but there's ample opportunity for that in Thailand as a monk I'm sure. 

Ample opportunity as a layman as well... but better discounts if you have a yellow robe.

I had a monk shout at my missus a while back, for getting too close to him. He won't be doing that again any time soon. I think he probably wasn't bargaining for my advice to him. Or what he felt. Bad boy....

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Surely cannot be correct, monks live in poverty, never touch money, only live on food/ money donated by poor destitute people.

Same as those in the vatican then col.

You are the expert at digging up and articulating the facts.

No bias on you col

2 hours ago, manhood said:

Ye gods

Where do these people come from?

3 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

No bias on you col

No not the same, the crooks in the Vatican are not supposed to live in poverty, they are also allowed to touch money, Buddist monks are not allowed to touch money

9 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

No bias on you col

Yeap, corruption happens in the Vatican, too. I believe the Vatican’s official stance on the whole paedophole priest thing was, “It happens in other religions and countries, too”. The victims of rape and sexual abuse by priests heaved a huge sigh of relief. 

14 hours ago, rodney earl said:

Why does this not surprise me. All religions are about 3 things and 3 things only MONEY, POWER AND CONTROL OF THE POPULATION!!!

No fooling you,huh?

14 hours ago, Hummin said:

First of all, Buddhism is not about religion, but I can aggree Thai practice Buddhism close to be a religion. However, Im just surprised people do not wake up, and realize they are being scammed by any powerful instutution claiming they make you to a better person by paying for salvation, luck and be free of guilt. Have to believe in stupid rituals and practise them as well obey people who think they are higher than you. 

Gold and fancy clothes will always have a huge controlling effect on people! 

Well enough for today, but Im very impressed by people who wants and need to believe in people who claim they have higher connections. 

Strange isn't it, gold and fancy clothes will always have a controlling effect on people, I agree.

When you tell them that when the guy in the gold and fancy clothes outfit goes for a crap his sh-t still stinks see the reaction you get. ???

15 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Strange isn't it, gold and fancy clothes will always have a controlling effect on people, I agree.

When you tell them that when the guy in the gold and fancy clothes outfit goes for a crap his sh-t still stinks see the reaction you get. ???

Sometimes I have to try to open my eyes, concerning other peoples view and understanding how the world works, and how it should be!

15 hours ago, colinneil said:

Surely cannot be correct, monks live in poverty, never touch money, only live on food/ money donated by poor destitute people.

Our monk near my wife's village is the richest person in a wide area. He's got a computer now, an Ihpone and people donate a lot of cash. That was completely different from when I still lived in the village a long time ago.

I won't go there anymore, the guy had become an impertinent arshehole. 

Another monk donated more than 40 million baht to build a new hospital in Sisaket more than ten years ago. When do they wake up and understand that their tamboons would be much better in their own pockets?

15 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Buddhism is a religion. You don't need a god to make it a religion. 

If you're looking to live by a set of rules, make up your own using common sense and empathy. Genuinely good people don't need a form of badge to tell others they're decent. They just are. 

You got 4 likes on this one, and it is because you and some others believe Buddhism is about religion, and not a teaching to live without a god, or a leader. It is up to you to decide your future, and not a superiour power, that religion is all about. Well, if you behave bad, you will get what you deserve, but still,,,,,, who <deleted>..cks know? 

So funny. Just in time for the launch of the new International Little Monk show that the directors say has ambitions to export Thai Buddhism lessons to the world. As usual, how people see themselves and how others see them is comokely out of step. LLP

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Anti-Money Laundering Office has sequestered about 134 million baht in bank accounts of four former senior monks implicated in the temple fund embezzlement scandal.

Getting away from religion for the moment I was intrigued as to what this organisation has done with the money it has sequestered.

Sequestered. adjective meaning, secluded. cloistered, hidden away, concealed tucked away, hard to find.

Why would they hide it away and why the secrecy I wonder?  If money has already been laundered once can it re-laundered a second time into bank accounts belonging to government officials and/or politicians? This would not be a phenomenon in Thailand surely?

If anyone was an expert on laundering money it should be those in the Anti-Money Laundering Office. 

Not making any accusations, just thinking out loud.

15 hours ago, Hummin said:

You got 4 likes on this one, and it is because you and some others believe Buddhism is about religion, and not a teaching to live without a god, or a leader. It is up to you to decide your future, and not a superiour power, that religion is all about. Well, if you behave bad, you will get what you deserve, but still,,,,,, who <deleted>..cks know? 

Opinions don’t change facts. 

On 6/30/2018 at 9:22 AM, Hummin said:

First of all, Buddhism is not about religion, but I can aggree Thai practice Buddhism close to be a religion. However, Im just surprised people do not wake up, and realize they are being scammed by any powerful instutution claiming they make you to a better person by paying for salvation, luck and be free of guilt. Have to believe in stupid rituals and practise them as well obey people who think they are higher than you. 

Gold and fancy clothes will always have a huge controlling effect on people! 

Well enough for today, but Im very impressed by people who wants and need to believe in people who claim they have higher connections. 

Is it any worse than people putting on they best togs on a Sunday ,going in to a building , with a cross on and ,the guy in charge wears  a white collar telling  stores about some guy who lived 2000 years ago, and somehow  changed water in to wine, and somehow managed  to feed 5000 people with a few fishes and a couple of loaf's, of bread and he had change left over,and then these people go home saying how very nice the service was ,and they leave some money in the plate ,to help what ever .and feel refreshed .

Religions are the same all over the world, people believe in them, and what they say.

When the Mayor of Jerusalem is asked why do you think your religion has a right to  Jerusalem, he said because we were here 2000  years ago, (BBC world service, conversation), I  would stick to Thai Buddhism.

28 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Is it any worse than people putting on they best togs on a Sunday ,going in to a building , with a cross on and ,the guy in charge wears  a white collar telling  stores about some guy who lived 2000 years ago, and somehow  changed water in to wine, and somehow managed  to feed 5000 people with a few fishes and a couple of loaf's, of bread and he had change left over,and then these people go home saying how very nice the service was ,and they leave some money in the plate ,to help what ever .and feel refreshed .

Religions are the same all over the world, people believe in them, and what they say.

When the Mayor of Jerusalem is asked why do you think your religion has a right to  Jerusalem, he said because we were here 2000  years ago, (BBC world service, conversation), I  would stick to Thai Buddhism.

I do not need to choose any of them

5 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Invest in temples, not condos. 

Im afraid salvation is only the ting promised!

Buddhism is an important instutution for those who do not fit in the society, and they have a place to be, and have a function or meaning of life. 

Why does this not surprise me. All religions are about 3 things and 3 things only MONEY, POWER AND CONTROL OF THE POPULATION!!!

The world would be a far far better place without Any religion. They are all a lot of rubbish. I am an atheist because I have a brain and can think for myself, I do not need someone telling me what to do and how to do it and then they dont follow the same set of rules. DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO.!!!

On 6/30/2018 at 9:09 AM, colinneil said:

Yes and play games on their iPhones and smoke cigarettes all day. It's a hard life. 

7 minutes ago, rodney earl said:

The world would be a far far better place without Any religion. They are all a lot of rubbish. I am an atheist because I have a brain and can think for myself, I do not need someone telling me what to do and how to do it and then they dont follow the same set of rules. DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO.!!!

Im not sure the world would have been a much better place, because people are people, and people need leaders, and some people need stupidity to be controlled. sometimes controll is good, but when those who is in controll is no good, then we are f.......k

The big Q is, what can drive people in a positive way for a better future? Saving the planet? No, it doesnt work, and then we start killing the bad people again for a better world. Have always worked that way, and of course Empires need to be built, and Empires need to be destroyed for the balance of the good. 

1 minute ago, fullcave said:

Yes and play games on their iPhones and smoke cigarettes all day. It's a hard life. 

I do not think Thailand have to much care for mental ilness, and the temples serve its poplulation well in that matter. Many of them could have been out on the street trying to survive, and it might not have been so safe to live here if that was the case. 

Archived