Requirement details for SETV in Savannakhet

I have read through thaivisa.com and "SETV in Savannakhet" a little bit.

Still I am unsure about the details of their requirements.

I just got a brand new passport.

No visa in there. Old passport has a couple of Non Immigrant O's.

The last tourist visa I had is from 2014, also in the old passport.

So to get a SETV in Savannakhet ...

- I will have to show a bank statement showing at least 20.000 THB?

Is a printout from Kasikornbank's online banking ok? Or should I better use a foreign bank since I am applying as a tourist?

So better make a printout from the Online Banking of my bank in Europe stating at least let's say 600 Euro?

- What hotel booking do I need? I will be crossing into Mukdahan the next day after application. So should I have a print out of a booking starting in Mukdahan the next day? And then another booking for let's say a week in Bangkok? Some people say the consulate wants to see a reservation for a couple of days, other say 1 week ...

- An air ticket out of Thailand to any (neighbouring) country would be fine?
And this air ticket should be for a date on day number 55 of the travel plan or on day 85 (just examples)?
I know Thai people who went to a travel agency to get a "flight reservation" in order to apply for a Schengen Visa and paid 300 baht for that. That was not a real reservation and the travel agency knew those people are not coming back to buy the real ticket. 

Is that kind of reservation acceptable or should I just buy the cheapest Air Asia ticket to Vietnam for example?

- Anything else?

Thank you very much

P.S.: I opened this as a new thread because it was originally hidden within another thread

35 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

do not think too much for savanakhet. 

When I was there last year, over half the applicants for SETV's were rejected on the first day they tried. So it is better not to create a false over-confidence in applicants that it can't go wrong.

You are best to have :-

bank statement showing 20,000 Baht or more,

ticket out of Thailand,

programme / tour itinerary (yes, the guy in front of me was pulled up over 'no programme'),

copy of your relevant passport pages

2 photos.

Edited by Briggsy

My latest SETV application in Savannakhet was in March. Supporting documents I supplied: Bank statement (online banking printout) from a UK bank, hotel reservation for one night in Mukdahan (Agoda printout), flight out 89 days after my scheduled arrival date in Thailand (AirAsia printout). That package was accepted without any questions or comments. It might be worth noting that I had six previous SETVs in that passport, including one from Savannakhet.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Caldera said:

My latest SETV application in Savannakhet was in March. Supporting documents I supplied: Bank statement (online banking printout) from a UK bank, hotel reservation for one night in Mukdahan (Agoda printout), flight out 89 days after my scheduled arrival date in Thailand (AirAsia printout). That package was accepted without any questions or comments. It might be worth noting that I had six previous SETVs in that passport, including one from Savannakhet.

Exactly! Same 700 usd(print account details) 2-3 days hotel reservation in bangkok, flight after 80 days.

13 hours ago, vi2004 said:

Is a printout from Kasikornbank's online banking ok? Or should I better use a foreign bank since I am applying as a tourist?

So better make a printout from the Online Banking of my bank in Europe stating at least let's say 600 Euro?

No problem to use a printout of your Thai bank account. You could also use a copy of your updated bank book.

Many people traveling to Thailand as tourists on a regular basis have Thai bank accounts due to the convenience of having one.