Still searching ideal soundbar etc....

moonseeker

Good evening. 

Been at any possible shop and still have not been able to find a really good soundbar. The high end Samsung, Yamaha models seem nowhere available. Would really like Atmos and or DTS and if needed wireless surround speakers... Or is there an option for a regular system but rear speakers wireless. Got a 7.1 Klipsch Reference and Sheerwood now, but want downsize in smaller house and minimize wiring. Also need a 2nd. smaller system or bar for bedroom. Any advise much appreciated. Mostly Netflix and also music. Bit lost right now. Thanks again. MS>

I have an LG soundbar with the separate, powered sub woofer.

Very reliable bluetooth wireless connections, comes on when I turn on the TV, never need to touch it's remote, so no faffing needed.

Sound quality seems good to me, certainly good enough for a small house.  Voices are also much clearer than the (LG) TV speakers too.

Yeah, tried BKK and unfortunately none of the high end and top rated models of any brand available. Will try again next week and see any other rear wireless options come up. 

So far best seemed Klipsch Reference Soundbar, but no Atmos nor DTS X. Surprised it takes 2 years extra to find models in countries available to get here. 

Yamaha YSP 5600 or the at the moment top rated Samsung HWK950 nowhere to be seen and none of the sales staff even knows them. Setups and demo of available units lousy with exception of the LG and the Klipsch guys in PB Pattaya. Thx. MS>

I'm not surprised that it takes years for products to get here, if at all. Choice has always been minimal here, for all manufactured items. And many Thais seem to prefer bling over quality anyway. I suspect that many products get dumped here when they are End Of Life in the rest of the world.

But if it is a soundbar you are after, have you considered flying somewhere else for a day and buying one? A soundbar, even with a woofer box, should be just about acceptable as checked luggage. I'm sure you would find one in Hong Kong or Singapore or even KL.

There is Sonos available in Bangkok - but maybe not the latest soundbar probably... the older sonos ones didn't suppport dts amongst other bizarre decisions... and the new one still uses the opticla out from the tv rasther than taking hdmi in and then one hdmi out of soundbar to the tv.

Bower & Wilkins Panorama 2 is nice, pricey, they're in Gaysorn.

Thank you. Been to every shop and overall quite disappointing. Now down to Klipsch Reference Bar 11 or 14 or Yamaha YSP 2700. Yamaha a bit pricey. Klipsch sounds quite good at the Power Buy Setup and I bought with the same guy before, was pleased with his service. As you say, pity many newer and better models never make it to ??. Regards and Thanks. MS>

I went through the exact same process you did. I originally wanted the Yamaha ysp5600 and exhausted all options to get it in Thailand. I ended up buying the YSP4300 which cost 50,000 and frankly i’m Not that impressed. Maybe it’s because my TV area is huge with no walls to bounce sounds off but st the end of the day I don’t think it’s worth the money. 

• 4 weeks later...

Probably a but late but ONKYO have just released a Dolby Atmos sound bar in Thailand the  LS 7200. The list price looks to be around 37k.

this is something I would definitely look at if I was in the market as I Have a high end ONKYO receiver for my home theatre and the sound quality is excellent 

https://www.gm2000magazine.com/review-onkyo-ls7200/

• 7 months later...
On 7/1/2018 at 1:59 PM, KittenKong said:

With a bare minimum of luck you will walk straight through.

99% of the time, no problem. But does it really make sense to take a chance of confiscation of undeclared goods....that 1% chance.

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2018 at 7:37 AM, moonseeker said:

Thank you. Been to every shop and overall quite disappointing. Now down to Klipsch Reference Bar 11 or 14 or Yamaha YSP 2700. Yamaha a bit pricey. Klipsch sounds quite good at the Power Buy Setup and I bought with the same guy before, was pleased with his service. As you say, pity many newer and better models never make it to ??. Regards and Thanks. MS>

Same here 2019 Chiang Mai. I'll probably order via eBay and get just what I want for a lot less and np with Customs. There is, however, a very hefty price tag for the Global Shipping Program, but then you'll end up with what you want for a price you probably couldn't beat here in Thailand, anyway. Too bad the things are so bulky. 

Archived