Chinese type electric slow cookers

Kenny202

I have one of those slow cookers they have here. Looks like a rice cooker with a terracotta tub inside. Want to slow cook pork leg (off the bone) overnight. Mine has 3 settings. Slow high and auto. Bit confused what to set it on. Any advice appreciated

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They get pretty damn hot! Got the same and for around 8 hours I use the low setting, high setting and its done in 3 hours.
Normally do a good sized pork that pretty much fills the cooker for reference.
Never tried the auto....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Possible:  Many slow cookers have a low, high, keep warm and or auto setting option. The auto function often means that the dish will begin cooking at HIGH for approximately 2hrs (? one hour?) then it will switch itself down to the lower temp of LOW. (The dial itself doesn’t move thought it will remain pointed to auto)
However this feature can vary with different slow cooker models and brands so always consult your users manual.

Some foods should be heated to a fairly high temperature for a period, even if the bulk of the cooking is done at lower temp.  If you have a cooking thermometer, you could try AUTO and see if goes from higher to a simmer after a period of time.  Or maybe it just gets things going more quickly without appreciably altering the maximum temp. Just use water to test.

We use our crock pot/slow cooker (same as yours) pretty often. After you use it a few times, you'll get used to it's idiosyncrasies and how it cooks, and your recipes will turn out great. Low and slow usually works best for us; I never use Auto.

Archived