The "beautiful Thai girl" myth?

AlexRich

1 minute ago, lionsincity said:

Thailand has a huge amount of pretty girls in the 7/10 and 8/10 range.

don't see much above that

That's your personal scale, but if you're not into the Asian look, the highest numbers can never be achieved.

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

Actually she,s my third....first two died under tragic circumstances....this one,s proving a bit more difficult ?

I’m sorry to hear that. No offence intended. As I’ve said before each to their own. 

My father told me many years ago never marry a beautiful woman,marry one that is ugly so no-one else will want to bed her and she will be the most grateful lady on this earth and treat U like a king.....I did and I am :cheesy:
I would rather be treated like a slave by a blue eyed blonde with a huge rack
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, tropo said:

If you're after a partner or wife, you only need one. If you can't find one attractive lady who takes your fancy in the whole of Thailand, then you're either blind, or you can't get the one you want and you're making excuses.

True story. I was engaged to a blue-eyed Swedish lady in her 20's back in the late 80's. I've seen her on Facebook recently and thanked the living Gods I'm not still with her as I cast my eyes upon my beautiful young Asian wife.

True story? How can you blame somebody for being older? Wouldn't it be fair when your Thai wife's making the same statement after finishing up with you and staying with somebody her age?  How would you feel to read such a statement about you being so old and unattractive on a social media? 

Just saying. 

Edited by jenny2017

7 minutes ago, tropo said:

That's a bit harsh. Men usually find their Thai partners based on the sexual component, not the visual one. Many also prefer darker skinned ladies. That's why the Thai people make fun of them because they prefer lighter skin and look down on skinny, dark "farm" girls. Each to their own.

Apologies, it wasn’t meant to offend or sound harsh. 

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I’m sorry to hear that. No offence intended. As I’ve said before each to their own. 

Kadilo.........I was being humerous....fiction not fact :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

You'll find the city girls prettier than their up country counterpart, city girls who frequented places of entertainment are better groomed and up to date on fashion while those of the rest of the country are more of the a la natural like no makeup or fancy clothing, but again, depends on one taste in women...

I'll take up country most every time....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lionsincity said:

I like asian girls.......but if you want beautiful asian girls go look in Korea and Japan.

I have looked there. IMO the scale of looks in those countries is about the same as everywhere else in SEA. Thailand does better in beauty contests if that's anything to go on.

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Apologies, it wasn’t meant to offend or sound harsh. 

No offense taken. I'm not married to the type you described but was merely discussing general trends.

11 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

True story? How can you blame somebody for being older? Wouldn't it be fair when your Thai wife's making the same statement after finishing up with you and staying with somebody her age?  How would you feel to read such a statement about you being so old and unattractive on a social media? 

Just saying. 

Reunions can be educational.....Lots of fat cows where the beautiful young ladies used to be - and it happens quickly.....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, petermik said:

My father told me many years ago never marry a beautiful woman,marry one that is ugly so no-one else will want to bed her and she will be the most grateful lady on this earth and treat U like a king.....I did and I am :cheesy:

Or you could marry a really beautiful one, then wait 4-5 years and she'll have become a complete dog.

All the really pretty Thai girls I met 5 years ago, I wouldn't even talk to today.

Talk about sliding downhill fast.

Better off just paying for a night or two of their company IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a baited topic for sure that could run into 1000's of posts, anyhow....

My own experience was in Sweden on a lost weekend, a kind of "what shall we do?  let's fly somewhere, roll the dice" kind of thing.  In Sweden I will never forget walking down the street and seeing two young women walking the other way, very unassuming and dressed ready for -40C while we were in t-shirts because it was only +4C or something (that's british d**kheadeness for ya)....and they were soooo gorgeous, so much so that I stopped in my tracks and I couldn't breathe, and that song "take my breath away" started playing in my head and I understood it for the first time.  I can't explain it well enough but if you've experienced it you know what I'm referring to.  I never talked to them (I couldn't talk, my mouth wouldn't work for many seconds).  My rubber neck still worked as they passed by.  It appears to me that because there are lots of beautiful women there they don't seem to feel special and are very approachable (as I found out later on my first evening there).

Anyhow, about Thailand.  The most beautiful girl I ever saw was a 20 y/o who was the Asian version of perfection.  I never talked to her, she seemed to be very unapproachable for mere humans.  Four years later I happened to bump into her and I did a quick mental photo match and yes, that was her.  Took me 6 months of my best efforts to crack her defenses, but I'm good as a computer cracker and don't quit with other IRL equivalences.  Now she's 32 and I own all her issues and we've been an item.  Now I see loads of hacks I could exploit.  I still love her more than any other, but men have wandering eyes and I might ask her when she changes my pampers and spoon feeds me with my ATM if it might be okay to nip out and do 100 post University girls so as not to interrupt her som tam or boutique dog grooming efforts.  Oh the games people play (with themselves)...

Yes it's in the beholder.  We've found the enemy, and it's us.

Edited by Shiver
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, tropo said:

True story. I was engaged to a blue-eyed Swedish lady in her 20's back in the late 80's. I've seen her on Facebook recently and thanked the living Gods I'm not still with her as I cast my eyes upon my beautiful young Asian wife.

I can relate. I had a real hot 18 year-old Cubanita while I was working there but after the job finished, we drifted apart as she reckoned she was going to stay in Cuba and had no interest in going to the US. Fast-forward about 30 years and social media works it's wonders, we 'meet' again and she's in FL. All I can say is at +60, I have aged comparatively well... but maybe my avoiding the Miami cuisine has a lot to do with that.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

I transited through Hong Kong airport a couple of weeks back and the amount for drop-dead gorgeous, head-turning, single stunners in the check-in area was pretty remarkable. Once I cleared immigration and mingled with the great unwashed, I couldn't see any of the 'supermodels' at all. Makes me wonder if there was a photo shoot on or maybe they all had private jets waiting.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lust said:

Every country has beautiful women!

Except New Zealand. I love the country and the people. I lived there for 5 years and never saw beautiful women. They were nice and friendly though.

6 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Your chances of bedding a "voluptuous olive skinned southern European or a blue eyed blonde Scandinavian girl" are significantly less.

Surely you are not talking about, "a voluptuous olive skinned southern European or a blue eyed blonde Scandinavian girl" who is a prostitute, are you?

1 hour ago, lionsincity said:

I like asian girls.......but if you want beautiful asian girls go look in Korea and Japan.

Spend some/a lot time walking around Seoul, Korea.....

Female expectation versus reality, not very scintillating....

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You've pretty much summed it up ... it's their availability that is the attraction, they are pretty average compared to other nations.

IMHO Thai women age a lot better than many other nations.

That blue-eyed Scandinavian with the 40 inch bust - where do you think her boobs are going to be when she hits 50?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1