BANGKOK

Just received this email from “Grace” at “Thai Visa Centre”, under the title, ‘1 Year Retirement Visa for British passport’ 

Looks like a phishing scam (or an amateurish direct sales attempt) as I have never contacted anything or anyone with that name - and they used only my family name, no first name and no Mr.

Hello <My surname>,

I am Grace, and this is in response to your conversation with one of our staff members about obtaining a Retirement Visa

I sincerely apologize for the delay.

We told you that we could get you a 1 Year Retirement Visa because you are 50+, and carry a British passport.

The next thing I need to know is if you are currently in Thailand, and if so what type of visa are you currently using?

I look forward to solving your visa issues.

--

Grace
<contact info removed (forum rule)>

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

I got one of those and I'm not English. 

Gone into the Spam box, hope everyone else does the same. 

• Like 1

It seems details of visa holders have been hacked or sold on, the email I received some weeks ago about this was from my (well known and legit) agent who suggested Immigration themselves maybe the source of the leak since any data they hold is held strictly offline.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

It seems details of visa holders have been hacked or sold on, the email I received some weeks ago about this was from my (well known and legit) agent who suggested Immigration themselves maybe the source of the leak since any data they hold is held strictly offline.

Would tend to agree that Immigration are the source of the leak. Rec'd the same today at an e-mail address I use for online 90 day reporting and little else, certainly no other Thai contacts.

• Like 1