BANGKOK 21 February 2019 05:40
Jip99

Pattaya Dentist Recimmendation

I know this subject has been done a few times and I apologies if my question has been answered elsewhere.

A friend made a recommendation for a dentist called Dr Tapasit Prapawiwat.

I actually visited the dental surgery when my friend called to make an appointment. Unfortunately, I cannot visualize where the surgery was - and my friend has sadly passed away.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

www.studiosmilethailand.com

Near Dolphin roundabout. I found it using Thai Visa's search function "tapasit".

On 7/2/2018 at 10:19 PM, champers said:

Near Dolphin roundabout. I found it using Thai Visa's search function "tapasit".

So did I...... but I knew he wasn't there...:)

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

So did I...... but I knew he wasn't there...:)

The shop is still there.I went by it yesterday but it is clearly empty. Sorry to give you a bum steer.

Google Dr Warin Pattaya klang.....best and most affordable bar none....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Google Dr Warin Pattaya klang.....best and most affordable bar none....:thumbsup:

I'm actually having work done by Dr Warin and cannot fault his manner and price. Back to him in 3 months for the next stage.

4 hours ago, champers said:

The shop is still there.I went by it yesterday but it is clearly empty. Sorry to give you a bum steer.

No problem...thanks for trying ?

Hello

Ocean dental center on Jomtien 2nd road.. close to soi of immigration.. when you face immigration soi with market in your back, on your left hand side

Have a good night

On 7/2/2018 at 8:19 AM, champers said:

I had a not so great experience there.  The main dentist on their website is the one who treated me.  The guy who is supposedly US trained etc.  Maybe he was having a bad day but he was kind of rude when I was there.  I just went for a cleaning like I always do when checking out a dentist for the first time.  He seemed to rush through it and didn't seem to be too through. Just did the ultrasonic cleaning and no scraping.  He found a cavity and wanted to do that then and there.  When I said I would think about it he seemed to get more rude.  He also yelled at his female assistant a few times.  They were not very busy.  I think I was the only person there the whole time.

Don't trust reviews you read on here and possibly elsewhere.  They delete negative reviews.  I think there is some stupid Thai law about it.  So the only reviews you ever see are good ones.  There is a good chance this post will be deleted. 

I have yet to find a decent dentist in Pattaya.  I have gone to many places that had good reviews and was always disappointed.  Some expats I know go to the dental hospitals in Phnom Penh now.

Edited by lapd

On 7/3/2018 at 11:37 PM, sgoodes said:

I'm actually having work done by Dr Warin and cannot fault his manner and price. Back to him in 3 months for the next stage.

I am going to give him a try.  Just a cleaning first visit to see how that goes.

Edited by lapd

10 hours ago, lapd said:

I had a not so great experience there.  The main dentist on their website is the one who treated me.  The guy who is supposedly US trained etc.  Maybe he was having a bad day but he was kind of rude when I was there.  I just went for a cleaning like I always do when checking out a dentist for the first time.  He seemed to rush through it and didn't seem to be too through. Just did the ultrasonic cleaning and no scraping.  He found a cavity and wanted to do that then and there.  When I said I would think about it he seemed to get more rude.  He also yelled at his female assistant a few times.  They were not very busy.  I think I was the only person there the whole time.

Don't trust reviews you read on here and possibly elsewhere.  They delete negative reviews.  I think there is some stupid Thai law about it.  So the only reviews you ever see are good ones.  There is a good chance this post will be deleted. 

I have yet to find a decent dentist in Pattaya.  I have gone to many places that had good reviews and was always disappointed.  Some expats I know go to the dental hospitals in Phnom Penh now.

I had the same experience there. Not good. I then went to Dr. Warin on Pattaya Klang and have been there now for the last 3 years.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:31 PM, petermik said:

I agree, but he's so popular with Thais and foreigners that getting an appointment can be difficult if you're in a hurry. I was lucky to book him last Monday for next Monday, but usually, it takes longer to get in. It won't work well for people here for a limited time.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, lapd said:

I have used Khun Warin ever since I came to Thailand and agree with everything you say. However I have yet to find a better dentist in Pattaya other than Bangkok Pattaya hospital but expect to pay Western prices there and more.

A few months ago I had an abscess under my tooth and self prescribed a course of Amoxycillin. When the abscess subsided I went to Khun Warin. The receptionist was adamant that I couldn't have an appointment for one month but after some pretty forceful insistence from me, agreed that I could see him if I sat and waited. Waited an hour before I saw him and he told me that I had gum disease and the only thing that he could do was to remove the tooth. I also pointed another tooth out to him that I'd been having problems with but he couldn't find anything wrong with it.

As I was returning to the UK the following week, I continued with the Amoxycillin and saw a dentist in the UK who diagnosed a badly decayed wisdom tooth (not the same tooth that Khun Warin wanted to remove) which he removed. The other tooth that I'd been having problems with required extensive filling. His diagnosis was made after X-Raying all my teeth. I have never seen Khun Warin using his X-Ray machine. Also gave my teeth a thorough clean and told me that I had no sign of gum disease. No problems since.

There are no good dentists in Pattaya, just bad dentists and very bad dentists!

Edited by Spidey